Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Read these rules before posting Negative Feedback, or you will risk having your feedback deleted:

* Do NOT list real names and emails in feedback, list only the CAM username.
    * Feedback ONLY applies to transactions where something has changed hands, be it money, straight item trade, or whatever. Do NOT post feedback on deals that never went through!!!
    * Negative Feedback must be written concisely, but with detail to back up your claim.
    * Negative Feedback is serious. Do not write NEgative Feedback unless the person really deserves it
    * Do NOT use strong language, cussing, or offensive language.
    * Write your feedback in as constructive manner as possible. Do not use insults.
    * Any posts which contain even the hint of violence (even jokingly) or threats of any nature will be deleted by moderators. This includes jokes about visiting people's homes in response to fraud.

We reserve the right to shutdown feedback that we feel break the rules and/or are not presented accurately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:10 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Agreed. Negative feedback should be precise and well deserved, because the reality is that negative feeback will finish someone's ability to buy or sell on CAM.

We shouldn't have to watch people berate each other back and forth in public. State the facts, rebut if warranted and thats it, if people want to continue arguing, take it private.

Scott

Post subject: What About Liars....
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:22 pm 

What about poeple who in writing give their word they will purchase something and then go back on their promise, thus costing you other sales you could have made, deals you'd counted on having the money for, etc.

I believe they should recieve negative feedback and yet this would not be allowed given your rules. They technically entered into a legal contract and then backed out. Sounds like negative feedback time for me.

~S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

Well the reason why we cannot allow negative feedback on "pending" transactions is because we have no written proof ourselves of the validity of such a thing.

If we were to do something like, have a "commitment agreement" system where one party types out the terms and then the other party will AGREE to the terms in some way, we might be able to do such a system. This is why ebay for instance works so well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:37 am 

Let's say hypothetically speaking, I know of an infamous seller from another selling website ( you know the BIG ONE) who has started to peddle his wares here on CAM. Would linking to his feedback from that site as a heads up to prospective buyers be out of line? I just don't want others to experience what other buyers have encountered from this seller.

Thanks Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:12 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Hey Mike,

Welcome aboard. Tuff question..."outing" someone before they've done something to a CAM user, might prove troublesome. As always, buyer beware, and trust your instinct.

How do others feel?

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:14 am 

Proac :

That's an excellent suggestion. The intent should be to ensure a positive transaction regardless of where that feedback may be from.

Hope Admin agrees this is worth pursuing. Of course. that does not address someone changing their name on CAM, which I believe has happened based on items I've seen for sale between both CAM, and ebay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:21 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

I don't know about you guys, but does it make you question the honesty of a seller who doesn't use their proper name? This has always perplexed me why some people do this. I automatically think of something "shaddy" is goin on.

I also believe as mentioned, its often the same person using a lot of different monickers.

If we could come up with a fair way to "outing" creeps, I'm all for it!

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:48 am 

Yeah I hope the admin addresses this topic. I really don't want some poor schlep to be ripped off by a shady character.

Oh and hey Scott how the hell are ya?? :)

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:05 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Doin great...busy!

How are things in the honeymoon capital?

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:22 am 
Site Admin

Hmm... properly identifying and proving that a user is indeed the same person from another site is not always easy.

How do you propose we do this type of identification? And is it fair to a person if we mistake them for someone else, who has had shady dealings on other sites?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:47 am 

I can't speak in generalizations but in my "hypothetical" scenario I KNOW for a fact that it is the same seller.
http://www.fred.net/turtle/vlad20001.html

You can visit this link and make up your own mind.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:21 am 

Well Proac - After reading most of your story, I don't want to deal with this guy at any point. I think he lives outside of Toronto. Think I've actually run across this same guy on ebay and can validate he does have alot of older pieces, when I too was looking for a turntable, and he did have more than his fair share of (-)'s, even though I was looking well over a year ago.

If it's the same guy, I also will refuse to deal with him as we had an email exchange some time back which I sensed was not above board.

I agree with Admin that this may be a challenging situation, but the more folks that read your story, the more his business will suffer which is probably the best way to teach him a lesson....hit him in the pocket book.

If you go to any store and get bad service and/or bad products, do you return....NO! Let's pay Vlad the same way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:27 am 

My advice to anyone here is caveat emptor (buyer beware). Most of us(almost all of us) don't know the other people we are going to be buying from so my suggestion would be to take positive feedback with a grain of salt. ask for C.O.D. If they say no then don't buy.Trust your instincts.With the exception of reputable audio shops like the ones here on CAM :D I won't buy anything unless it is for pickup or C.O.D. I would never send a stranger any money, would you? Protect yourself.
cheers :D

Post subject: Backing out of a deal
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:34 pm 

Just recently I made a deal with a chap on canuck and after agreeing on the price including frt, he backed out as it was his "right" to change his mind.I agreed that it was his right to back out.I will not leave negative feedback as the rules do not permit it,but please conduct yourself in a professional manner.For the record I have 100% feedback on Ebay and Audiogon.When you hold yourself to a high standard............remember.........it's a long fall down!!!!!!! My 3 cents