Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post subject: What would you do?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:56 pm 

Recently purchased a set of technics speakers from a seller with good feedback. He even made money putting new veeeners on the cabinets. Told me they were complete and he would be sending them 2 weeks ago. I haven’t seen anything yet. Not even a reply to my polite emails asking for an update and tracing number. I know he’s alive and well as he posted new items for sale yesterday, but doesn’t have time to reply to my emails. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Fred

Post subject: Re: What would you do?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:07 pm 

Nothing much moving shipping wise during the Christmas season.Hopefully you used PayPal for payment?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:14 pm 

Ask him for the Tracking numbers, any decent seller would also answer any email you send.... some guys just want to chat after a sale just because it is a hobby and a lot of guys on CAM have a lot of experience...so for him to ignore you for two weeks is worrisome.... Give him one more chance.... if he doesn't respond... let him know the next email is going to PayPal.... and neg will be filed... email him through his new ad.... with a different email..... see if he answers.....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:33 pm 

boostedb18 wrote:
Recently purchased a set of technics speakers from a seller with good feedback. He even made money putting new veeeners on the cabinets. Told me they were complete and he would be sending them 2 weeks ago. I haven’t seen anything yet. Not even a reply to my polite emails asking for an update and tracing number. I know he’s alive and well as he posted new items for sale yesterday, but doesn’t have time to reply to my emails. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Fred

How did you pay?
Is the ad marked sold?
Have you reported this to CAM?

Regards
Ohms

www.leohl.ca

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:45 pm 

It's the holiday season. I'd wait a little longer...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:54 pm 

Whenever I hear these situations I always wonder why the seller goes underground and won't respond to e mails. It's hard to give the seller any type of sympathy or benefit of the doubt.
To the OP, I feel for you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:32 pm 

Thanks for the reply’s guys. I paid by interac e transfer. $200 for the speakers and $200 to do the veneers when they were done. The community here has been great with all other purchases so I guess my luck ran out. It is the Holliday’s and I think I’ve been more than patient but the new ads have me worried. If he has time to post new ads and not answer my email. What if he does this to someone else I can’t help to think that something is seriously wrong here. Is there somewhere to open an investigation within CAM? I’m gonna send one more email in the am and if no answer it’s negative feedback I guess. Just wondering if there is a procedure if that’s what it comes to....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm 

I have an item coming in from the USA.I have asked twice,nice,for the tracking number. Luckily I pay after delivery with PP. I think,being in both shoes,the seller has a responsibility to respond to any query from a buyer.

It is just rude to ignore a buyer after you have collected his money

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:11 pm 

Almost all payment issues on CAM are when people pay with an EMT. I have had 3 buying experiences over the last 10 years where I was forced to use the buyer protection from PayPal.That is 3 out of 5 buying attempts.I would never consider an EMT.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:21 pm 

Update: I sent him a message on his new ad and got a reply shortly after. Apparently he has been having “trouble with email “ and “Had a little incident at my place with our toddler and a permanent marker. She drew all over our hardwood floors and one of your speakers“. So here’s hoping it’s exactly that. He said he will be shipping them the day after tomorrow. Stay tuned I suppose....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:24 pm 

I still much prefer Paypal for the buyer protection but lately I have been buying things off of CAM by EMT. I have done this about 10 times now with no problems. I did send money for two cd's to Russia by EMT ($40) and never got the cd's or responses to emails after they got the money. I guess Putin got a hold of it first.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:17 pm 

Albert wrote:
I still much prefer Paypal for the buyer protection but lately I have been buying things off of CAM by EMT. I have done this about 10 times now with no problems. I did send money for two cd's to Russia by EMT ($40) and never got the cd's or responses to emails after they got the money. I guess Putin got a hold of it first.

Just wondering if the scammer was a discogs seller in the Russian Federation? If so do you remember his username?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:19 pm 

boostedb18 wrote:
Update: I sent him a message on his new ad and got a reply shortly after. Apparently he has been having “trouble with email “ and “Had a little incident at my place with our toddler and a permanent marker. She drew all over our hardwood floors and one of your speakers“. So here’s hoping it’s exactly that. He said he will be shipping them the day after tomorrow. Stay tuned I suppose....

Anything is possible...but I would cross check his name and recent ads on cam within the forum search to see if this is a first occasion, or repeat offender.
Hope it all works out...marker is problematic for removal for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:20 pm 

Quote:
I did send money for two cd's to Russia by EMT ($40) and never got the cd's or responses to emails after they got the money.

I'm the kind of buyer that wants to trust sellers.
BUT even I would not do that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:55 pm 

hifijones wrote:
Albert wrote:

Just wondering if the scammer was a discogs seller in the Russian Federation? If so do you remember his username?

No, the seller was the Russian Girls Choir that I liked so much on Youtube. I ordered 2 cd's in October. Looking back I actually used Paypal as EMT wouldn't work sending cash to Russia. But I sent it as a gift to save them a couple of dollars and it bit on the butt. Oh well, it was actually $30 (I just checked my email). I sent them an email request but I am not holding my breath. It is too bad because they really do sound nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtzcK4mj6Do