Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:23 am 

Mccsiz wrote:
For the second time in a month, I have been left wondering...when is a sale a sale?

I'll use today's experience to illustrate. Here are the e-mails I exchanged with the seller (minus the personal details):

Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:04 AM
I'll take this item if you still have it.
Cheers Loyd.

February-14-10 1:29 PM
Hello Loyd,
Yes I still have it. Tell me you postcode I will give you a total quote include the postage.
Thanks JT

Sunday, February 14, 2010 7:47 PM
Hi:
My address is
Loyd Csizmadia
(etc)
V2G 5B5
Thank you:)

Cheers,
Loyd

February-14-10 9:41 PM
Hello,
The postage is 20CAD via Xpresspost, takes 2 days arriving to you. So the total amount will be 205 CAD.
I accept paypal and interac. Please let me know quickly because I have
other interest from ON.
Thanks,
JT

February-15-10 5:43 AM
Hi:
Paypal is fine with me.
Cheers,
Loyd
Monday, February 15, 2010 8:20:
I have to go to work. Pay you when I return around 6PM.
Cheers,
Loyd

February-15-10 12:53 PM
Hello Loyd,
Sorry the item has been sold. Someone came and pick it up.
Thanks
JT

So did I have a sale? Is negative feedback justified?
You are the jury

I only buy equipment locally. However, if I did attempt to buy something that required shipping, I would expect the seller would prefer to sell locally if he could. The seller did say he had a potential buyer and never responded saying ok to the interested buyers last message saying he would send the funds at 6PM .

When the buyer pays the seller is when the sale is a sale. However, verbal agreements usually apply if the seller responds agreeing to the terms but in this case, the seller left his options open by saying he had another interested buyer and "Please let me know quickly because I have other interest from ON". For most sellers, selling locally is the way to go provided they don't have a problem with strangers in their home.

CAM does not permit feedback be left when no sale/transaction took place between seller and buyer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:27 am 

Musicware4u wrote:
Mccsiz wrote:
For the second time in a month, I have been left wondering...when is a sale a sale?

I'll use today's experience to illustrate. Here are the e-mails I exchanged with the seller (minus the personal details):

Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:04 AM
I'll take this item if you still have it.
Cheers Loyd.

February-14-10 1:29 PM
Hello Loyd,
Yes I still have it. Tell me you postcode I will give you a total quote include the postage.
Thanks JT

Sunday, February 14, 2010 7:47 PM
Hi:
My address is
Loyd Csizmadia
(etc)
V2G 5B5
Thank you:)

Cheers,
Loyd

February-14-10 9:41 PM
Hello,
The postage is 20CAD via Xpresspost, takes 2 days arriving to you. So the total amount will be 205 CAD.
I accept paypal and interac. Please let me know quickly because I have
other interest from ON.
Thanks,
JT

February-15-10 5:43 AM
Hi:
Paypal is fine with me.
Cheers,
Loyd
Monday, February 15, 2010 8:20:
I have to go to work. Pay you when I return around 6PM.
Cheers,
Loyd

February-15-10 12:53 PM
Hello Loyd,
Sorry the item has been sold. Someone came and pick it up.
Thanks
JT

So did I have a sale? Is negative feedback justified?
You are the jury

I only buy equipment locally. However, if I did attempt to buy something that required shipping, I would expect the seller would prefer to sell locally if he could. The seller did say he had a potential buyer and never responded saying ok to the interested buyers last message saying he would send the funds at 6PM .

When the buyer pays the seller is when the sale is a sale. However, verbal agreements usually apply if the seller responds agreeing to the terms but in this case, the seller left his options open by saying he had another interested buyer and "Please let me know quickly because I have other interest from ON". For most sellers, selling locally is the way to go provided they don't have a problem with strangers in their home.

CAM does not permit feedback be left when no sale/transaction took place between seller and buyer.

The seller didn't receive payment &/or agree to the sale & specifically mentioned to complete the transaction soon as the item may be sold in the interim. The prospective buyer even with that information delayed completing the transaction & had not sent the paypal transaction which just takes moments. I don't understand why the prospective buyer even thought he had a sale confirmed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:38 am 

The post (January 4, 2018) that revived this topic referred to "CAM rules" a number of times; was this reference strictly to do with being able to leave negative feedback only if the transaction was completed (a CAM rule, if I understand), or was the poster concerned with the rules/conditions/terms of the transaction, i.e. deposits, payments, etc.?

As far as I've always been aware, CAM is simply an online classified site, and any transactions between sellers and buyers are independent of the site (this isn't eBay). Although it's probably been stated before, elsewhere on CAM, could a moderator chime in with a comment about the limitations of CAM, vis-à-vis transactions between members? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:19 am 

Davechoc wrote:
The post (January 4, 2018) that revived this topic referred to "CAM rules" a number of times; was this reference strictly to do with being able to leave negative feedback only if the transaction was completed (a CAM rule, if I understand), or was the poster concerned with the rules/conditions/terms of the transaction, i.e. deposits, payments, etc.?

As far as I've always been aware, CAM is simply an online classified site, and any transactions between sellers and buyers are independent of the site (this isn't eBay). Although it's probably been stated before, elsewhere on CAM, could a moderator chime in with a comment about the limitations of CAM, vis-à-vis transactions between members? Thanks.

Maybe try page 5 of this thread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:27 am 

I did not read all 11 pages..
there was no mention of holding the item till payment sent
There was no money exchanged to seal the deal.
Paypal can be done anywhere ..you did not have to wait till you go home . If you wanted it that badly .pay asap.

I have seen this a few time when I sell ...buyer say they will take it ..and you don t hear back for a day or so later. You then
inquire if they are still interested and they say no.. so unless you state in your ad or message...ask for or send a deposit to seal the deal and later finish the transaction all other inquiries are just that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:33 am 

Got screwed that way on Bryston T Signature speakers. There is no Law on the Web and never count on honour.

I am happy that the guy decided to sell them to someone else BTW.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:34 am 

NordicNorm wrote:
iriszizka wrote:

Save your money for what you want. When you have the full amount, then contact a seller on CAM.

would do that, i get paid next friday, but he's got someone from montreal coming this weekend to look at the speaker and im being rushed and i dont want to miss out on this opportunity. i could either not put it on hold, and let him sell it or put it on hold and ensure my chance to get them

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:15 pm 

Thanks for the point-out, Binky; I had skipped to the end when I noticed the age of the thread. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:53 pm 

DSDGuy wrote:
A sale is completed when the deal is done.

Brilliant.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:04 pm 

PBB wrote:
DSDGuy wrote:
A sale is completed when the deal is done.

Brilliant.

yup !!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11