Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Forum rules


Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:37 pm
Posts: 2485
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Mccsiz wrote:
For the second time in a month, I have been left wondering...when is a sale a sale?

I'll use today's experience to illustrate. Here are the e-mails I exchanged with the seller (minus the personal details):

Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:04 AM
I'll take this item if you still have it.
Cheers Loyd.


February-14-10 1:29 PM
Hello Loyd,
Yes I still have it. Tell me you postcode I will give you a total quote include the postage.
Thanks JT

Sunday, February 14, 2010 7:47 PM
Hi:
My address is
Loyd Csizmadia
(etc)
V2G 5B5
Thank you:)

Cheers,
Loyd


February-14-10 9:41 PM
Hello,
The postage is 20CAD via Xpresspost, takes 2 days arriving to you. So the total amount will be 205 CAD.
I accept paypal and interac. Please let me know quickly because I have
other interest from ON.
Thanks,
JT

February-15-10 5:43 AM
Hi:
Paypal is fine with me.
Cheers,
Loyd
Monday, February 15, 2010 8:20:
I have to go to work. Pay you when I return around 6PM.
Cheers,
Loyd


February-15-10 12:53 PM
Hello Loyd,
Sorry the item has been sold. Someone came and pick it up.
Thanks
JT

So did I have a sale? Is negative feedback justified?
You are the jury


I only buy equipment locally. However, if I did attempt to buy something that required shipping, I would expect the seller would prefer to sell locally if he could. The seller did say he had a potential buyer and never responded saying ok to the interested buyers last message saying he would send the funds at 6PM .

When the buyer pays the seller is when the sale is a sale. However, verbal agreements usually apply if the seller responds agreeing to the terms but in this case, the seller left his options open by saying he had another interested buyer and "Please let me know quickly because I have other interest from ON". For most sellers, selling locally is the way to go provided they don't have a problem with strangers in their home.

CAM does not permit feedback be left when no sale/transaction took place between seller and buyer.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:13 pm
Posts: 329
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Musicware4u wrote:
Mccsiz wrote:
For the second time in a month, I have been left wondering...when is a sale a sale?

I'll use today's experience to illustrate. Here are the e-mails I exchanged with the seller (minus the personal details):

Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:04 AM
I'll take this item if you still have it.
Cheers Loyd.


February-14-10 1:29 PM
Hello Loyd,
Yes I still have it. Tell me you postcode I will give you a total quote include the postage.
Thanks JT

Sunday, February 14, 2010 7:47 PM
Hi:
My address is
Loyd Csizmadia
(etc)
V2G 5B5
Thank you:)

Cheers,
Loyd


February-14-10 9:41 PM
Hello,
The postage is 20CAD via Xpresspost, takes 2 days arriving to you. So the total amount will be 205 CAD.
I accept paypal and interac. Please let me know quickly because I have
other interest from ON.
Thanks,
JT

February-15-10 5:43 AM
Hi:
Paypal is fine with me.
Cheers,
Loyd
Monday, February 15, 2010 8:20:
I have to go to work. Pay you when I return around 6PM.
Cheers,
Loyd


February-15-10 12:53 PM
Hello Loyd,
Sorry the item has been sold. Someone came and pick it up.
Thanks
JT

So did I have a sale? Is negative feedback justified?
You are the jury


I only buy equipment locally. However, if I did attempt to buy something that required shipping, I would expect the seller would prefer to sell locally if he could. The seller did say he had a potential buyer and never responded saying ok to the interested buyers last message saying he would send the funds at 6PM .

When the buyer pays the seller is when the sale is a sale. However, verbal agreements usually apply if the seller responds agreeing to the terms but in this case, the seller left his options open by saying he had another interested buyer and "Please let me know quickly because I have other interest from ON". For most sellers, selling locally is the way to go provided they don't have a problem with strangers in their home.

CAM does not permit feedback be left when no sale/transaction took place between seller and buyer.

The seller didn't receive payment &/or agree to the sale & specifically mentioned to complete the transaction soon as the item may be sold in the interim. The prospective buyer even with that information delayed completing the transaction & had not sent the paypal transaction which just takes moments. I don't understand why the prospective buyer even thought he had a sale confirmed.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:34 am
Posts: 71
Location: Garson, ON, CA
The post (January 4, 2018) that revived this topic referred to "CAM rules" a number of times; was this reference strictly to do with being able to leave negative feedback only if the transaction was completed (a CAM rule, if I understand), or was the poster concerned with the rules/conditions/terms of the transaction, i.e. deposits, payments, etc.?

As far as I've always been aware, CAM is simply an online classified site, and any transactions between sellers and buyers are independent of the site (this isn't eBay). Although it's probably been stated before, elsewhere on CAM, could a moderator chime in with a comment about the limitations of CAM, vis-à-vis transactions between members? Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:04 pm
Posts: 1876
Location: saskatoon, SK, CA
Davechoc wrote:
The post (January 4, 2018) that revived this topic referred to "CAM rules" a number of times; was this reference strictly to do with being able to leave negative feedback only if the transaction was completed (a CAM rule, if I understand), or was the poster concerned with the rules/conditions/terms of the transaction, i.e. deposits, payments, etc.?

As far as I've always been aware, CAM is simply an online classified site, and any transactions between sellers and buyers are independent of the site (this isn't eBay). Although it's probably been stated before, elsewhere on CAM, could a moderator chime in with a comment about the limitations of CAM, vis-à-vis transactions between members? Thanks.


Maybe try page 5 of this thread

_________________
You like that Redgren Grumbholdt reference? Yeah. Well, guess what? I made him up. You really are your father's children. Think for yourselves. Don't be sheep.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:41 am
Posts: 272
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
I did not read all 11 pages..
there was no mention of holding the item till payment sent
There was no money exchanged to seal the deal.
Paypal can be done anywhere ..you did not have to wait till you go home . If you wanted it that badly .pay asap.

I have seen this a few time when I sell ...buyer say they will take it ..and you don t hear back for a day or so later. You then
inquire if they are still interested and they say no.. so unless you state in your ad or message...ask for or send a deposit to seal the deal and later finish the transaction all other inquiries are just that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:09 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: Sherbrooke, QC, CA
Got screwed that way on Bryston T Signature speakers. There is no Law on the Web and never count on honour.

I am happy that the guy decided to sell them to someone else BTW.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:40 am
Posts: 6
Location: toronto, ON, CA
NordicNorm wrote:
iriszizka wrote:

Save your money for what you want. When you have the full amount, then contact a seller on CAM.

would do that, i get paid next friday, but he's got someone from montreal coming this weekend to look at the speaker and im being rushed and i dont want to miss out on this opportunity. i could either not put it on hold, and let him sell it or put it on hold and ensure my chance to get them


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:34 am
Posts: 71
Location: Garson, ON, CA
Thanks for the point-out, Binky; I had skipped to the end when I noticed the age of the thread. :oops:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:09 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: Sherbrooke, QC, CA
DSDGuy wrote:
A sale is completed when the deal is done.



Brilliant.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:12 pm
Posts: 509
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
PBB wrote:
DSDGuy wrote:
A sale is completed when the deal is done.



Brilliant.



yup !!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group