Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:13 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

For the next 2 months you will find me at That Old Retro Store. Wade needs to take care of some other business and I offered to help out. I will be in heaven, the vintage toys I will be selling out at great prices and hooking up to GF gear for all sorts of listening. I'll be listing what is currently available in here at CAM and the GF forum http://grantfidelity.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18 over the next few days, including some of the very special 'thats not for sale' :) which includes a pair of Mirage M1's and a 250w/ch Audio Research Tube amp, a couple of 'not for sale' turntables and more. This is your only chance to grab these while Wade is away !!! We will also ship things out, so do check in for some great deals on Vintage or GF gear. Call me there at 403 235-0858, or email me me thru the 'contact us' page here. Buy, Sell, Trade !!!!

I will have some Grant Fidelity demos and samples at blow out pricing, limited supplies so don't miss this opportunity. I will also have lot's of not yet released Grant Fidelity products on display for a listen and pre-ordering at introductory prices. And of course all the current GF products that you can talk me into deals on.

The Green Mountain EOS II will be arriving in a couple of weeks, this is the first run of Roy Johnson's new speakers and everything Roy releases get's rave reviews and lust for from the reviewers over the past 20 years. Introductory pricing on these as well.

If you can get to Calgary, you do need to check out That Old Retro Store, it is real Vintage Heaven. I'll get some pics up in the forum. I'll also have lots of new GF Cabling and our Cryogeneration treated tubes that we can test out. Just drop by and say hi, bring your favourite CD's or Vinyl.

And to close on this, as I posted in the GF forum. I purchased from Wade a set of JBL 4311's and made arrangements that all sealed albums that come in belong to GF, for auditioning the Grant Fidelity gear. First opened is the Pink Floyd Echoes - best of collection. This is your chance to hear Pink Floyd as close as possible to what it sounded like in the mixing/mastering stages as the JBL 4311's were basically the industry standard in the 70's when all the great prog rock was made. And if you know me, you know I live for the last watt on an amp :)

Hope to see you there or hear from you. Help moving things around and setting up a great GF listening area, very much appreciated. Btw, old pic from last year, will update to current.

http://www.thatoldretrostore.com

Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:04 am 

Thread moved from Vintage Gear discussion to Dealer Forums where it belongs. Ian, kindly observe the forum dealer usage rules.

Happy Trails!
Vince@Freewheelcycle.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:08 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Cool MTB Vince, thought since it was vintage related, most would like to know in this section and That Old Retro Store isn't a CAM Dealer.

Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:08 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Pics posted:

http://grantfidelity.com/site/image

42 pictures !!. Way too much to list, but I will try, if you see something of interest, let me know. I'm getting a handle on the prices.

If you sane the 'original size pic you should be able to zoom in to see the model #.

I'll give those that follow GF thru the CAM forum first shot by not posting in the ad section for a week or 2.

Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:32 pm 

well that was a very good trip to calgary, tiring but good. 2042 kms is a long drive.
thanks again ian for all the demos. we pulled out all the interesting items i wanted to listen to and fired them up. brings back some memories.
so i guess i was the first customer?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:31 am 

Store owner agreed to a deal on a used phono cartridge and asked if I could pay him in cash. Didnt have the funds so he looked up where the nearest bank was for me and I went and got the cash to pay him. A short time later i arrived back at the store at which time he informed me he was backing out on our deal. Decided he was selling the cartridge too cheap and he was going to sell it on Ebay if I wanted to bid on it.
I feel I was treated unfairly so I just want others to beware. Obviously not a man of his word.
IMO, this is a not how to conduct business with customers. A deal is a deal!