Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:36 pm 

Thanks Teo, appreciate your candor. Good luck with the new efforts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:29 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Hello folks, I'd like to make a quick request for some of those who have bought the cables to leave sales feedback, if they could. Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:52 pm 

Has anyone found an optimal speaker cable that pairs well with the Game Changer IC's?

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:21 am 

Rephleks wrote:
Has anyone found an optimal speaker cable that pairs well with the Game Changer IC's?
There is a thread about the TEO cables on Audiogon Forums. I think it's called Teo Game Changer, get on the bus or something to that effect. They have several users using different speaker cables. Hope that helps. Good luck. cheers, lloyd

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:34 am 

anymore GC cable comparisons? i have read through the thread on audiogon and didn't find much in terms of a comparison verses a cable i was familiar with or the cables were in the same price range, except for a mention that the GC was less liked than the HiDiamond D9.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:28 pm 

I have been listening to mine for about 4 hrs. now. I am very pleased, these are staying. I hade gone from a balanced system and tried a couple of RCA interconnects and was underwhelmed (including ones I used to think were very good). The free trial period got me in and now I am staying.

I am curious, could one of these be used as a digital cable? Does the liquid technology translate to this?

If not, could you offer a dumbed down explanation as to why.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:56 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

It works quite well as a digital cable. I made one, at request, about two-three weeks ago. I thought it sounded quite good, but only I and the new owner have heard it. There are some handling techniques required to be used to optimize the given build for a digital cable, which makes it sound notably better than the stock GC audio cable. With wire in use, the makers have found that some specific lengths of finished cables tend to be necessary, for a low jitter scenario to emerge. With the fluid, the theories involved tend to suggest that cable length becomes less critical.

What I'm trying to say, is that it would be a purely digitally oriented cable design, and it would carry a notably higher price.

But I do suggest that people that have a GC cable pair, possibly try one (of what they already own) as a digital cable, just for the heck of it.

I'm glad you are enjoying the GC cables. they will probably open up a little more, in sound quality, over time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:25 pm 

How would the design differ?

The wire cable (please correct me if I am wrong or misunderstanding) is rated(right term?) for 75 ohms and 1.5M is supposed to be the ideal length to prevent jitter/reflections. Is this limitation due to capacitance of the wire?

With the liquid metal, do these limitations still apply? Is it the cable or the connector that becomes more important for digital.

I don't claim to understand electricity or signals and how they travel, just curious as to how they would be different. The build as you mentioned. Not trying to create controversy! Just thinking that if the cable was as good for digital, there would be another avenue for us to enjoy it through if it were an improvement.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:23 pm 

I have the Teo Audio digital cable going to my Dac and it is 1 metre in length. Sounds great, so no complaints here.

Best Regards
Igor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:29 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Kartmn wrote:
How would the design differ?

The wire cable (please correct me if I am wrong or misunderstanding) is rated(right term?) for 75 ohms and 1.5M is supposed to be the ideal length to prevent jitter/reflections. Is this limitation due to capacitance of the wire?

With the liquid metal, do these limitations still apply? Is it the cable or the connector that becomes more important for digital.

I don't claim to understand electricity or signals and how they travel, just curious as to how they would be different. The build as you mentioned. Not trying to create controversy! Just thinking that if the cable was as good for digital, there would be another avenue for us to enjoy it through if it were an improvement.

Thanks

The metallic fluid acts like a heavy plasma, or gas, or ion cloud. A high mass version, with more of a neutral charge state when unloaded.

The atoms or in this case, molecules (As it is an alloy) float freely, relatively speaking, when there is no charge applied to the pathway (tube length of metallic fluid). Water, for example, exhibits a similar behaviour, in the one given neutral state.

Under load, current and voltage loading... it exhibits a behaviour that is slightly more like 'wire', where the signal is preferentially flowing through the wire and this preference defines the field shapes and flows. This in turn defines a preferred geometry or physical layout-design for the cable body.

As the signal rises and decays in a solid wire design, the cable geometry does not change, and the pathway is locked into a defined shape. Which is part and parcel of the origin of impedance and impedance matching issues.

With the fluid, the pathway rises and decays with the signal, in a partial way. Which is unique and requires similar handing characteristics (in build) to that of wire, but not completely the same. In return we are gifted with some relief in impedance matching issues when dealing with these complex dynamic and ever changing audio signals.

With digital signals, the signal never changes, it is a certain wave shape, repeating. Optimizing the pathway for such is different than that of an audio signal electrical environment. With digital transmission cables (electrical ones) we are concerned with timing and edge definition of the given 'square wave'. thus a different electrical geometry, when utilizing wire.

The fluid gives 'some relief' in this area of geometry demands (for digital transmission). It can, in our experience, be any length instead of the known preference of approx 1.5M in the case of 'solid wire'... and not built in quite the same way as a 75 ohm coaxial 'solid wire' cable may be built.

The fluid still has to follow some of the geometry rules for audio signals of the various types, but not completely and not for the same reasons. Some of the rules don't quite apply as it is literally a different state of matter, known as 'the third state of matter'.

This different carrier/medium causes the flow and electrical/magnetic field geometries to be different, in both static and dynamic considerations. High rates of change, or high dynamics or high delta..is what causes problems in signal transmission, in the world of wire and electrical signals. This is where impedance becomes an issue and this is the area where the fluid's behaviour, when working with signal... is most different than that of solid wire. That the 'some relief' comes in exactly the problem area where it is sorely needed.

The situation is so complex that the scientific jury is out on the math and the calculations.

And these cables probably represent the more cutting edge work being done in the area. No one else is doing it, so we are laying part of the groundwork for this area of research, which is still in the act of having that groundwork be defined.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:11 am 

:D Thanks for the explanation in terms I can follow :) . It is indeed interesting and outside the box thinking indeed. cheers, lloyd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:25 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

bluenosens wrote:
:D Thanks for the explanation in terms I can follow :) . It is indeed interesting and outside the box thinking indeed. cheers, lloyd

thanks lloyd.

If you read my above post about complex high dynamics being in a state of 'some relief', regarding impedance and using the metallic fluid... and then compare it to people saying the liquid metal cables do not get congested sounding under highly complex audio signal loading...then it becomes a bit more clear.

This lack of congestion in complex signal loading does wonders for being able to pick out minute details and components of a complex performance, or hearing new previously unheard levels of nuance in any given performance -just like we can do in a live music environment.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:10 am 

Teo Audio wrote:
The metallic fluid acts like a heavy plasma, or gas, or ion cloud. A high mass version, with more of a neutral charge state when unloaded.

The atoms or in this case, molecules (As it is an alloy) float freely, relatively speaking, when there is no charge applied to the pathway (tube length of metallic fluid). Water, for example, exhibits a similar behaviour, in the one given neutral state.

Under load, current and voltage loading... it exhibits a behaviour that is slightly more like 'wire', where the signal is preferentially flowing through the wire and this preference defines the field shapes and flows. This in turn defines a preferred geometry or physical layout-design for the cable body.

As the signal rises and decays in a solid wire design, the cable geometry does not change, and the pathway is locked into a defined shape. Which is part and parcel of the origin of impedance and impedance matching issues.

With the fluid, the pathway rises and decays with the signal, in a partial way. Which is unique and requires similar handing characteristics (in build) to that of wire, but not completely the same. In return we are gifted with some relief in impedance matching issues when dealing with these complex dynamic and ever changing audio signals.

With digital signals, the signal never changes, it is a certain wave shape, repeating. Optimizing the pathway for such is different than that of an audio signal electrical environment. With digital transmission cables (electrical ones) we are concerned with timing and edge definition of the given 'square wave'. thus a different electrical geometry, when utilizing wire.

The fluid gives 'some relief' in this area of geometry demands (for digital transmission). It can, in our experience, be any length instead of the known preference of approx 1.5M in the case of 'solid wire'... and not built in quite the same way as a 75 ohm coaxial 'solid wire' cable may be built.

The fluid still has to follow some of the geometry rules for audio signals of the various types, but not completely and not for the same reasons. Some of the rules don't quite apply as it is literally a different state of matter, known as 'the third state of matter'.

This different carrier/medium causes the flow and electrical/magnetic field geometries to be different, in both static and dynamic considerations. High rates of change, or high dynamics or high delta..is what causes problems in signal transmission, in the world of wire and electrical signals. This is where impedance becomes an issue and this is the area where the fluid's behaviour, when working with signal... is most different than that of solid wire. That the 'some relief' comes in exactly the problem area where it is sorely needed.

The situation is so complex that the scientific jury is out on the math and the calculations.

And these cables probably represent the more cutting edge work being done in the area. No one else is doing it, so we are laying part of the groundwork for this area of research, which is still in the act of having that groundwork be defined.

There sure is a lot of 'Hyperbole' put forth in this Thread (IMHO). :(

"Believe what you like...
But don't believe everything you read -- Without questioning it."

~~ Pauline Baynes. ~~

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:11 am 

If I knew the answers, I wouldn't have asked the question.

Please do tell me truth though.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:48 pm 

I was just reading the following... And thought that it might be of greater interest --
To the CAM Community. Thank-you!

Some Audio Ramblings -- Conrad R. Hoffman.
"Interconnects (cables) are completely understood. Cables can be compared using standard electrical measurements like capacitance, inductance, and resistance. There is no magic and cost has nothing to do with performance.

Cables absolutely can change the sound of a system, but not because they have any inherent sonic virtue. They change the sound because they interact with the inputs and outputs based on, you guessed it, their capacitance, inductance, and resistance.

Skin effect is calculable, but is probably not relevant. Velocity factor is even less so. Cables are not transmission lines at audio frequencies and talking of cable impedance as if it were an RF system makes no sense unless one is talking about amplifier stability and RF pickup.

Of course it isn't in any cable makers best interest to state the simple truth, so they keep dreaming up technical sounding gobbledygook to hook the unwary."

http://conradhoffman.com/audio01.htm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next