Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:51 am 

hfisher3380 wrote:
I had just recently replaced my cables with Nordost Norse series. Just happened upon the Teo GC cables through their ads and subsequent research.

I decided to try one set of the interconnects - have placed them between sources (DAC and phono stage) and preamp. Can definitely say that they sound excellent and better than the more expensive Heimdall 2 interconnects in my system. There is more body to the sound, instruments are cleaner and clearer and everything just sounds more - well, more liquid ;)

I'm still in the evaluation phase but I don't think these babies will be going back. As contraire, I'll probably be ordering some more to complete the loom.

I agree I think these guys are onto something.

Heimdall 2 .... okay I would expect more body as even the Valhalla I used to have were somewhat lean sounding (though that may have been the different pre/amp combo I had at the time).

I would like to hear more about the Splash IC from Teo.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:02 pm 

ie_ie wrote:
hfisher3380 wrote:
I had just recently replaced my cables with Nordost Norse series. Just happened upon the Teo GC cables through their ads and subsequent research.

I decided to try one set of the interconnects - have placed them between sources (DAC and phono stage) and preamp. Can definitely say that they sound excellent and better than the more expensive Heimdall 2 interconnects in my system. There is more body to the sound, instruments are cleaner and clearer and everything just sounds more - well, more liquid ;)

I'm still in the evaluation phase but I don't think these babies will be going back. As contraire, I'll probably be ordering some more to complete the loom.

I agree I think these guys are onto something.

Heimdall 2 .... okay I would expect more body as even the Valhalla I used to have were somewhat lean sounding (though that may have been the different pre/amp combo I had at the time).

I would like to hear more about the Splash IC from Teo.

When I subbed in the Nordost cables I enjoyed the increased clarity vs. my previous cables. However this was at the expense of as you say a slightly lean sound. However I would say the GC cables have - if anything - even more clarity in terms of layered soundstage, instrumental images, microdynamic shadings etc. An orchestra sounds more like an orchestra on an actual stage (I just listened to an excellent 24/96 recording of the final "Ode to Joy" movement of Beethoven's 9th and compared the two cables' performance). Really the GC sounds better in almost every parameter with no trade-off that I can identify in my so far two-week audition.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:07 pm 

Hi ie...ie,

I had the Splash for a while after upgrading from the GC. I have used both between pre and amp.
The GC really is a 'game changer'.

The Splash is a big improvement over the GC. It also costs more. And is worth every penny.
It brings more of the GC qualities out. It really has to be heard as mere descriptions do not do justice to this cable. It has a clarity and three dimensionality unlike any other cable I've experienced. PRAT is in a different league altogether.

The Splash stayed in my system for a only a 'while' because the improvement over my previous top of the line HiDiamond cables was so great that I had to hear the TEO top of the line cable.
I went into debt as a result of this comparison as I had to have this cable.
I now own two sets of the top of the line cables.
I also do not regret the decision. I am saving for speaker cables.

A few weeks ago I re-inserted my top line HiDiamond cables in the system between CD and pre out
of curiosity and, because that's what audiophiles do. The very first track I played did not get a chance to
finish because I stopped it, turned it off, powered down and re-inserted the TEO cables.
It was no contest. Not even close.

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:40 am 

Just my two cents. I've been auditioning the teo standard ic and the teo preamp. To be short. I don't think they are going back. In my system, the extra clarity and speed has rejuvenated my system. I've got a new outlook on passive preamps now! My phono has never been quieter. Amazing! In certain systems, these products may be winnners.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:19 pm 

guygus wrote:
Hi ie...ie,

I had the Splash for a while after upgrading from the GC. I have used both between pre and amp.

The Splash is a big improvement over the GC. It also costs more. And is worth every penny.
It brings more of the GC qualities out. It really has to be heard as mere descriptions do not do justice to this cable. It has a clarity and three dimensionality unlike any other cable I've experienced. PRAT is in a different league altogether.

The Splash stayed in my system for a only a 'while' because the improvement over my previous top of the line HiDiamond cables was so great that I had to hear the TEO top of the line cable.

A few weeks ago I re-inserted my top line HiDiamond cables in the system between CD and pre out
of curiosity and, because that's what audiophiles do. The very first track I played did not get a chance to
finish because I stopped it, turned it off, powered down and re-inserted the TEO cables.

Chris

I appreciate the input and descriptions. I had the HiDiamond Diamond 9 ICSs at one time. I had them in and out several times in comparisons, i eventually sold them, but did find they needed more than one track to settle in.

The TEOs sound like something i would like to try, but i am afraid that after two attempts at reaching out to them and waiting for a week to here back from TEO, thats not likely going to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:11 pm 

Don't worry, they'll get back to you. It's the Holidays after all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:58 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

ie_ie wrote:
guygus wrote:
Hi ie...ie,

Chris

I appreciate the input and descriptions. I had the HiDiamond Diamond 9 ICSs at one time. I had them in and out several times in comparisons, i eventually sold them, but did find they needed more than one track to settle in.

The TEOs sound like something i would like to try, but i am afraid that after two attempts at reaching out to them and waiting for a week to here back from TEO, thats not likely going to happen.

Apologies for the lack of a reply. I had a long winded reply typed out and it was lost. Probably for the better.

I'm busy making cables for folks right now and have to get back to it. The only cables in the line up that have a 21 day try out policy, is the GC RCA cable. It has a 5 year warranty. The next step up, is the $2700US Splash Rs cable. The Rs stands for 'reference silver'. It has a lifetime warranty. Then comes the 'standard' RCA cable ($3200US) and then the 'reference' RCA cable ($15k US).

The GC cable is the gem of the bunch, when it comes to seeing what this liquid metal technology is all about. We give full credit toward any upgrades. A dealer can play swap games but we, at this time, don't. Meaning an upgrade is a finality, not a 21 day trial period. In the future we might do so, but not yet.

Reach out to us, commit to a buy for trial, and then we can see how the build schedule is going and get it done. Again, apologies for the lack of a reply. I've still got at least 10 more emails to answer....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:18 am 

Taras and Ken came over to my place about 8 years ago and let me audition a pair of their interconnects. After a few minutes of listening with my mouth wide open, I asked if they only brought the one set. Well, they had another set in their vehicle. Needless to say, I bought both sets that evening and sold my Cardas cables. Eventually these cables will be upgraded.I guess you could call me a long-term satisfied customer. I just ordered a digital cable from these guys and will let you all know when I get it.

Best Regards

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:39 pm 

Can lengths less than one meter be order and is there a price reduction?I only need half meter between source and pre.

Oppo 105D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:53 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

un4given wrote:
Can lengths less than one meter be order and is there a price reduction?I only need half meter between source and pre.

Hello, all cables are built to a 1 meter minimum.

The technology looks like an audio cable, but it is not. It is a very different beast, made to look and function as an audio cable.

For various reasons tied to such, we make a 1 meter minimum length.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:03 am 

Teo Audio wrote:
un4given wrote:

The technology looks like an audio cable, but it is not. It is a very different beast, made to look and function as an audio cable.

Thats unfortunate.I was going to order 2 sets but I am anal about cable length.

Oppo 105D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:22 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

un4given wrote:
Teo Audio wrote:
un4given wrote:

Thats unfortunate.I was going to order 2 sets but I am anal about cable length.

Sooo...forgo a potential higher quality at a potential lower price...('win-win') due to the cable being a bit longer? :)

It ~may~ be possible to make them shorter-and not by much, but the price would change so little it would be a nil result on the 'savings' side.

I understand that your analysis is functional in most cases, but with this technology being what it is, the norms don't apply so well. :) It's got some space oddity stuff going on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:51 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

OK, I'll commit to making 2 pair of 0.6M cables, but don't tell anybody!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:02 am 

I don't know if this has already been covered, but has anybody tried these and commented on them as tonearm cables? In particular, how they react with VLOMC (<0.15mV) and high Z MM (>600mH)?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:22 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

ripblade wrote:
I don't know if this has already been covered, but has anybody tried these and commented on them as tonearm cables? In particular, how they react with VLOMC (<0.15mV) and high Z MM (>600mH)?

Hello Rip,

The cables are single ended and unshielded. So it's a no go.

I've built dedicated phono cables with the technology before, and it simply does not work.

Noise dominates in a notable way. The technology does some great things... and sensitivity to signal injection, makes noise injection ----part of the package. I'm probably going to take another kick at that can, I've got one more idea....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next