Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:38 pm 

The GC are so good they replaced a Siltech Anniversary 770I in my system. They are between my pre (Shindo Aurièges) and amp (Triode Lab 2A3S). These guys are really onto something!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:53 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Bike guy wrote:
The GC are so good they replaced a Siltech Anniversary 770I in my system. They are between my pre (Shindo Aurièges) and amp (Triode Lab 2A3S). These guys are really onto something!

The Siltech is $2700US for a 1M pair...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:32 pm 

Do the game changer cables come with a balanced terminated option or only rca?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:39 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

MOON wrote:
Do the game changer cables come with a balanced terminated option or only rca?

Only RCA, as each design is unique. The RCA will not suffer in a comparison.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:46 pm 

Teo Audio

I sent an email to you a few days ago and haven't a reply yet. The info I asked may be of interest to others so.....
Where do the game changers sit in your hierarchy? They aren't listed on your web site.
What would be the next cable up in your chain of interconnects ( and how much is it)?

KB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:03 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

k_brown wrote:
Teo Audio

I sent an email to you a few days ago and haven't a reply yet. The info I asked may be of interest to others so.....
Where do the game changers sit in your hierarchy? They aren't listed on your web site.
What would be the next cable up in your chain of interconnects ( and how much is it)?

KB

We have not updated the website yet. Sadly. Whoops.

The GC cable is a direct sale item, and is our lowest cost cable by a factor of approximately two. Then the cable prices scale like all other cable companies.

The big change is at the bottom, with the GC cable. It is a magnitude change in technology compared to wire. Thus, the least of the new... can enact a great perceived change - especially when one is only familiar with the old technology. Ie any car, even the least of them... is better than the best bicycle.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:14 pm 

Teo Audio wrote:
k_brown wrote:
Teo Audio

KB

The GC cable is a direct sale item, and is our lowest cost cable by a factor of approximately two. Then the cable prices scale like all other cable companies.

The big change is at the bottom, with the GC cable. It is a magnitude change in technology compared to wire. Thus, the least of the new... can enact a great perceived change - especially when one is only familiar with the old technology. Ie any car, even the least of them... is better than the best bicycle.

Try following me up a single track between the trees and then tell me your car is better. :) Now back on topic. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:37 pm 

k_brown wrote:
Teo Audio

KB

I filled in the web form last week and have yet to hear back. I was asking about the ICs and the racks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:54 am 

I had just recently replaced my cables with Nordost Norse series. Just happened upon the Teo GC cables through their ads and subsequent research.

I decided to try one set of the interconnects - have placed them between sources (DAC and phono stage) and preamp. Can definitely say that they sound excellent and better than the more expensive Heimdall 2 interconnects in my system. There is more body to the sound, instruments are cleaner and clearer and everything just sounds more - well, more liquid ;)

I'm still in the evaluation phase but I don't think these babies will be going back. As contraire, I'll probably be ordering some more to complete the loom.

I agree I think these guys are onto something.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:03 am 

I've been thinking about giving their cables a whirl for some time too. I wish they'd fix up their web page a bit. I'd especially appreciate it if they listed MSRP for their products. If they do, I didn't find it/them. And the links to reviews is all a mess. It should be cleaned up guys.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:08 am 

Many manufacturers, especially hi-fi for some reason, care little to none about their websites. The exceptions are larger companies like B&W, Naim, McIntosh or whatever, that understand the value of marketing properly and have the cash to spend on a proper site...
Most never list MSRP, which is especially ridiculous when they are following a direct-to-consumer business model. Almost no manufacturers have sites that work on mobile either - either they're stripped down versions of their websites, or broken CSS that renders the page useless...
It IS extremely frustrating, especially as a web developer myself. I can't say how many times I have offered my services in exchange for product (not even $), and most responses have been that they simply don't feel it important :shock:
Byron

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:22 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

mantisory wrote:
Many manufacturers, especially hi-fi for some reason, care little to none about their websites. The exceptions are larger companies like B&W, Naim, McIntosh or whatever, that understand the value of marketing properly and have the cash to spend on a proper site...
Most never list MSRP, which is especially ridiculous when they are following a direct-to-consumer business model. Almost no manufacturers have sites that work on mobile either - either they're stripped down versions of their websites, or broken CSS that renders the page useless...
It IS extremely frustrating, especially as a web developer myself. I can't say how many times I have offered my services in exchange for product (not even $), and most responses have been that they simply don't feel it important :shock:
Byron

Byron, if you put a 'will work for cables' sign on your desk, we'll gladly take you up on such a thing. :)

I'm personally fully cognizant of website importance. Good websites are a constantly evolving process and can cost cubic money, depending on the complexity. We have no web designer right now, as that costs..money.

In the modern world, the website is the same as a store front, or office itself. It is of vital importance, no matter how anachronistic the owners or any of the visitors may be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:42 am 

Teo Audio wrote:
k_brown wrote:
Teo Audio

KB

I am very interested in your cables.
However I must say that your website is not very informative.
As noted , there is no mention of this "game changer" IC that is being discussed in this thread. Is this the "Splash" cable?There are no prices listed for any items. You are selling direct I understand (no dealers)? Are the prices of your products a secret? You seem to easily be able to quote the prices of your competitors products.
For clarity it would be useful if you could provide prices for 1 meter sets of all your cables and a 3 meter set of your speaker cables.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:14 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

We may have a web designer now, so hopefully the website will get cleaned up and slowly worked on. We will then indulge in some fairly blatant blameshifting.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:21 am 

I am in agreement about the importance of a website - glad to see that Teo is gonna jump on that one - they make a GREAT product so hopefully mantisory will enjoy his payment ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next