Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:19 am 

And some are masters at goobledygook

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:20 pm 
Premium User

Would these work from a phono preamp to integrated even though it's not high signal?

M

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:22 pm 

I borrowed a pair of Game Changers and have used them for two months. As soon as I plugged them in, you could hear the difference and my system never sounded better. Unfortunately they went back to their owner and I had to use my Oyaide Across 750 RR V2 Interconnects. Time to start saving to get some Game Changers for myself.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:32 am 

Takira71A wrote:
Teo Audio wrote:
The metallic fluid acts like a heavy plasma, or gas, or ion cloud. A high mass version, with more of a neutral charge state when unloaded.

The atoms or in this case, molecules (As it is an alloy) float freely, relatively speaking, when there is no charge applied to the pathway (tube length of metallic fluid). Water, for example, exhibits a similar behaviour, in the one given neutral state.

Under load, current and voltage loading... it exhibits a behaviour that is slightly more like 'wire', where the signal is preferentially flowing through the wire and this preference defines the field shapes and flows. This in turn defines a preferred geometry or physical layout-design for the cable body.

As the signal rises and decays in a solid wire design, the cable geometry does not change, and the pathway is locked into a defined shape. Which is part and parcel of the origin of impedance and impedance matching issues.

With the fluid, the pathway rises and decays with the signal, in a partial way. Which is unique and requires similar handing characteristics (in build) to that of wire, but not completely the same. In return we are gifted with some relief in impedance matching issues when dealing with these complex dynamic and ever changing audio signals.

With digital signals, the signal never changes, it is a certain wave shape, repeating. Optimizing the pathway for such is different than that of an audio signal electrical environment. With digital transmission cables (electrical ones) we are concerned with timing and edge definition of the given 'square wave'. thus a different electrical geometry, when utilizing wire.

The fluid gives 'some relief' in this area of geometry demands (for digital transmission). It can, in our experience, be any length instead of the known preference of approx 1.5M in the case of 'solid wire'... and not built in quite the same way as a 75 ohm coaxial 'solid wire' cable may be built.

The fluid still has to follow some of the geometry rules for audio signals of the various types, but not completely and not for the same reasons. Some of the rules don't quite apply as it is literally a different state of matter, known as 'the third state of matter'.

This different carrier/medium causes the flow and electrical/magnetic field geometries to be different, in both static and dynamic considerations. High rates of change, or high dynamics or high delta..is what causes problems in signal transmission, in the world of wire and electrical signals. This is where impedance becomes an issue and this is the area where the fluid's behaviour, when working with signal... is most different than that of solid wire. That the 'some relief' comes in exactly the problem area where it is sorely needed.

The situation is so complex that the scientific jury is out on the math and the calculations.

And these cables probably represent the more cutting edge work being done in the area. No one else is doing it, so we are laying part of the groundwork for this area of research, which is still in the act of having that groundwork be defined.

There sure is a lot of 'Hyperbole' put forth in this Thread (IMHO). :(

"Believe what you like...
But don't believe everything you read -- Without questioning it."

~~ Pauline Baynes. ~~

+ 1 Color me unconvinced! Plasma, really?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:43 am 

Listening is believing! I've had them for some time now and do not regret my purchase. I highly recommend these cables.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:08 am 
Premium User

Bike guy wrote:
Listening is believing! I've had them for some time now and do not regret my purchase. I highly recommend these cables.

Where are they in your system? I was told that they don't work for low signal sources like a phono preamp, however as I have an integrated thats the only place I can use them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:49 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

triathleteman wrote:
Bike guy wrote:

Where are they in your system? I was told that they don't work for low signal sources like a phono preamp, however as I have an integrated thats the only place I can use them.

They won't work on low level signals, they need a certain amount of drive to organize the electron flow within the fluid.

The why of that can only found in some of the most recent works in physics in the subject area of said electron flow. Which is all over the map - in various areas of emergent science/physics. Well, you won't actually find the why but only the data required to find a why within your own investigations.

You can go from the phono-preamp to an integrated, as that is a line level signal....not a microvolt level signal, or single digit millivolt signal, which a MC or MM cartridge has as an output.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:28 pm 
Premium User

Teo Audio wrote:
triathleteman wrote:
Bike guy wrote:

They won't work on low level signals, they need a certain amount of drive to organize the electron flow within the fluid.

The why of that can only found in some of the most recent works in physics in the subject area of said electron flow. Which is all over the map - in various areas of emergent science/physics. Well, you won't actually find the why but only the data required to find a why within your own investigations.

You can go from the phono-preamp to an integrated, as that is a line level signal....not a microvolt level signal, or single digit millivolt signal, which a MC or MM cartridge has as an output.

Ok so from my phono preamp-to my integrated. That's where I need them that will work? NOT from phono

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:06 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

triathleteman wrote:

Ok so from my phono preamp-to my integrated. That's where I need them that will work? NOT from phono

Phono preamp to integrated, that is a 'line level' connection. That is a standard cd, or tuner, or cassette deck type of signal in voltage levels. The phono preamp brings the micro sized signals from the cartridge up to those levels of approx 500mV RMS to 2V rms which a line level signal is considered to be. Part of the package of voltage gain provided in the given phono preamp, is the EQ that is required to be performed upon the signal coming off the record. The cable will work fine from phono preamp to the integrated.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:24 pm 

Teo Audio wrote:

The reactances are dependent on voltage? I can see that not being an issue where reactance is not an issue....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:03 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

ripblade wrote:
Teo Audio wrote:

The reactances are dependent on voltage? I can see that not being an issue where reactance is not an issue....

The initial investigations seem to indicate it is dependent on voltage and current as a pair. Sometimes, MC carts which are a magnitude less in output, and are connected to a higher gain circuit, have seemingly less noise. If one found a MM cart to be very noisy, and then one switched to an MC cart (headshell change on same set up), and then switch to high gain MC...one would expect a magnitude more of noise, possibly. Or something akin to that. Yet the noise can be just about the same or less, in most cases.

Fluids are dynamic, and motional, at the discrete molecular level, which means a certain minimal variability in any given conductivity. So the whole (mass) reactance, conductivity, kinetics, a whole world of mathematical and physics 'hurt' (brain hurt) comes along for the ride. A frozen (atomic) lattice structure like copper or silver (at room temperature), changes that incredible complexity into relative simplicity. Comparatively speaking. We don't get answers straight up in this one, we get complexities that no one has managed to find definable answers for. Yet. There's a lot of stuff on the table.