Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:16 am 

In June milesian posted about his experience with Teo Audio's Game Changer cables. After reading his, and others, comments, my interest was piqued.

So last week I emailed Teo Audio to audition a pair of their ICs (1 m.), figuring "nothing ventured, nothing gained". If I couldn't hear a noticeable difference, I could return them without losing anything but a bit of my time listening critically to my system (which is never a lost venture).

In terms of my current cables, I have never spent more than $200 on a pair of cables, so this represented a substantial investment for me. I have upgraded my system over the years to the point where $625 is less than any one single component, so I can now justify spending this amount on cables. YMMV.

On Wednesday Ken dropped them off to me. He said to give them another 50 hours of burn-in time before I make up my mind.

I have zero knowledge of the science behind 'liquid cables'. And I really don't care.

All I know is that, in my system, these cables make a audible difference. I have spent the past few days swapping them in and out, comparing them to my other cables. And they stand out. I won't bore you with any flowery, descriptive details since music is such an individual experience. As a musician, I can appreciate subtle nuances in the music I am listening to.

Would I find the same difference with a top end Cardas or Shunyata cable? Probably. But those are +$1,000.

All I can say is that, like milesian, these cables aren't going back.

As the Monkey's once sang: "Now I'm a believer..." :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:49 am 

Damn, I was really hoping someone was going to say they didn't hear a difference so I wouldn't have to shell out yet more cash! :wink: But everyone who's tried them reports an improvement over what they were previously using. Guess I'm going to have to get a pair one of these days.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:27 am 

:mrgreen: Interesting. Glad they work for you. I was told not to touch anything in my system right now Sooooo, but they seem intriguing :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:31 am 

Last edited by Itsnotluck on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:30 pm 

Itsnotluck wrote:
Actually I want the flowery descriptive details..Are you getting any perceived extra resolution from these cables Or are they just another tone control??..if not, rolling NOS tubes and sound treatments are the only tweaks I need to spend money on....

No, it's definitely not adding any colour.

Details like timbre, harmonics, undertones, sustain and decay are all enhanced. It was very obvious to hear these enhancements on every album I listened to.

I have quite a few "go to" albums that I am very familiar with that I used for my testing:

Steely Dan - Gaucho (LP)
Dire Straits - Love Over Gold (LP)
Sade - Diamond Life (LP)
Scritti Politti - Cupid and Psyche 85 (LP)
Fritz Reiner and Chicago Symphony - Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition / A Night on Bald Mountain and Other Russian Showpieces (SACD)
Sarah Vaughan (with Clifford Brown) - Sarah Vaughan (SACD)
Jens Lindemann - Classic Trumpet (SACD)

YMMV.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:02 pm 

I am intreaged by these liquid cables, are you using them from Amp to Pre or as source cables?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:18 pm 

I think cables are probably one of the things people are most skeptical of. At the same time, I think there is a segment that is honestly intrigued by the possibility they *may* work and it is one of those items that are hard to damage without actually abusing the product and that more hours used supposedly makes them sound that much better.

It really makes sense to offer in house trials to qualified persons in a community that probably will spend the money when an actual benefit is believed to be realized personally in one's own system. I think the same goes for other products like dacs or certain pre-amps where if used as intended are pretty hard to damage. The benefits of an in-house trial period are obvious to both sellers and potential buyers if the product is seriously as good as is claimed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:46 pm 

Jhayman wrote:
I am intreaged by these liquid cables, are you using them from Amp to Pre or as source cables?

I use them between my pre and amp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:28 pm 

Can you try them between source and pre and report back?

-- 06 Nov 2016 00:31 --

Or better still hop in your car and bring 'em down to me so I can try them between MY source and pre. It's not far. Coffee's on.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:18 pm 

Ok so the guy has tried 625$ interconnects that bested his 200$ interconnects...............?..................

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:55 am 

It's nice to hear others experiencing the same positive effects that I have heard. At least I now know it wasn't just a Placebo. To reiterate a comment my wife made in my original posting, the cables bring everything into focus. It's as if a picture that was blurry in the background snapped into sharp relief. It's a sense that everything is arriving at your ears at the same time. Very addictive.

Decware SE84UFO2 ... Chord 2Qute.... Omega SAM's ... TEO GC Liquid Cables ... Audiosector Integrated... Auralic Aries Femto... Sonore Microrendu... Equi-Core 1200 Power Conditioner ... MCRU LPS... Meridian Explorer2 ... zavfino1877 power cord.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:08 am 

Where can one buy these cables? I have never heard of this brand, and am a fanatic over cables lately, but nothing too extravagant. Have tried Kimber Hero ICs and thought they were great and neutral. Will have to scope these guys out!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:19 am 

therealco wrote:
Where can one buy these cables? I have never heard of this brand, and am a fanatic over cables lately, but nothing too extravagant. Have tried Kimber Hero ICs and thought they were great and neutral. Will have to scope these guys out!

Just type in TEO on search. I believe they still have an ad for the Game Changer. cheers, lloyd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:36 am 

i would like to see a list of other cables that the TEO GC has been compared to....the description of how they sound is similar to other cables i have tried...(up to $4000 a set.)

i am specifically looking for comparison to cables like Cardas Clear (or other Cardas cables) , Audio Note An-vx, High Fidelity CT1 or other similar do all cables

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:29 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

ie_ie wrote:
i would like to see a list of other cables that the TEO GC has been compared to....the description of how they sound is similar to other cables i have tried...(up to $4000 a set.)

i am specifically looking for comparison to cables like Cardas Clear (or other Cardas cables) , Audio Note An-vx, High Fidelity CT1 or other similar do all cables

We ask that people try the GC RCA cable against all flagship cables.

A more revealing comparison would be against Cardas Clear Beyond ($5,589.00 US), Audio Note SOOTTO silver grey (£4,583.33), and High Fidelity CT-1 Ultimate ($4900US). Balanced or RCA. Or any other flagship cable from anyone else, in any system.

If the cable does not satisfy in such a scenario, then return it to us (in like new condition) for a full refund.