Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:46 pm 

If he's just a guy who happens to be sitting on a bunch of mint Bryston gear, but selling it as just a guy....fine.

If he's claiming to be a dealer, but Bryston does not see it that way, I would be careful. And yes, I wold think the owners of CAM would be interested in knowing what exactly hes is an authorized dealer of. His profile lists himself as a dealer...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:46 pm 

James_W wrote:
Be a man? now THAT is funny. I'll need to gauge my manhood on thread responses in the future and not by my actions off the net. Until then I'll keep it reserved for in person conversations.

There is probably more to the dealer in the background but as I stated before this is not to call anyone out. The original and still relevant question is would you buy something from a known unauthorized dealer. I've tried to steer my friend in a different direction but he seems keen on the used piece.

Sorry, innuendo is what it is ...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:27 pm 

This guy's selling apparently 'used' Bryston gear? If it's new, how's he getting it, and if he's getting it why f7ck with the customer?? Bryston's warranty is supposed to be good unless somebody else futzed with it. So why 'unauthorize' your warranty. If he's just pretending to be a Bryston dealer, sic your lawyers on him, don't f7ck with your customers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:28 pm 
Premium User

Does the Seller claim to be selling new Bryston gear, or is he just selling a used unit that was originally purchased from an authorized Dealer? I've often wondered why that particular seller seems to have so much new or nearly new Bryston gear for sale. If the item truly has no warranty it could certainly affect future resale for your friend, should he want to move it down the road.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:50 pm 

How does one get this title as dealer on cam?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:11 pm 

You pay $100 or thereabouts for a dealer membership which allows you to post more ads than a free membership, and again somewhat more than a 'premium' member, which is like $50.. No secret handshake even. You been hiding under a rock, Binky?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:48 pm 
Premium User

Sure does have a LOT of, and some very expensive, Bryston gear...if he isn't getting it from Bryston...where is he getting it from?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:22 am 

I don't know how big a deal the seller not being an authorized Bryston seller is. Are there any dealers who are authorized to sell used Bryston gear? I doubt it. I don't remember ever seeing, or hearing about any store claiming to be an authorized re-seller of any manufacturers used products.

Regardless..........

If this re-seller provides the new owner with the original sales receipt, how can Bryston track where the piece came from. They can't, unless Bryston installs some sort of electronic tracking device in their equipment. If the new owner has the original sales receipt and needs warranty repairs, all he has to do is send the piece to Bryston with the original receipt and it will be covered under warranty.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:48 am 

There are always ad's on CAM for used Bryston with receipts. So I would guess when buying used Bryston equipment, and getting a receipt, the new buyer still has to check to see if the receipt was originally from an authorized dealer to be sure the warranty is valid.

Will Bryston check this for a purchase on a used piece of equipment?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:53 am 

My suggestion would be to call Bryston and find out if they will honor the warranty on the items you wish to purchase. My experience with Bryston is that if you have the proper box and the bill of sale you will have no problem with service but an e-mail or call could clarify that for you.

-- 02 Aug 2016 11:54 --

My suggestion would be to call Bryston and find out if they will honor the warranty on the items you wish to purchase. My experience with Bryston is that if you have the proper box and the bill of sale you will have no problem with service but an e-mail or call could clarify that for you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:57 am 

awayne wrote:

This seems like a sensible approach to me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:17 am 

Che Cavolo wrote:
You pay $100 or thereabouts for a dealer membership which allows you to post more ads than a free membership, and again somewhat more than a 'premium' member, which is like $50.. No secret handshake even. You been hiding under a rock, Binky?

My point is I assume anyone can buy "dealer" status.
This person have a store? Selling out of his basement?
Does he sell anything other than some Bryson and a pair of proacs?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:20 am 

BinkyTheCat wrote:
Che Cavolo wrote:

My point is I assume anyone can buy "dealer" status.
This person have a store? Selling out of his basement?
Does he sell anything other than some Bryson and a pair of proacs?

I think this is a legitimate point. For all we know many of those who qualify as 'dealers' here may get most of their gear from yard sales.

Last edited by Philosophil on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:21 am 

classic recordings wrote:
There are always ad's on CAM for used Bryston with receipts. So I would guess when buying used Bryston equipment, and getting a receipt, the new buyer still has to check to see if the receipt was originally from an authorized dealer to be sure the warranty is valid.

Of course I should have included, if the original receipt is from an authorized dealer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:56 am 

Che Cavolo wrote:
This guy's selling apparently 'used' Bryston gear? If it's new, how's he getting it, and if he's getting it why f7ck with the customer?? Bryston's warranty is supposed to be good unless somebody else futzed with it. So why 'unauthorize' your warranty. If he's just pretending to be a Bryston dealer, sic your lawyers on him, don't f7ck with your customers.

Could be getting new gear from other dealers. Could be bringing it in from the States. Could even be buying overstock, refurb, damaged boxes, etc from Bryston. Many ways to find new equipment at a lower price.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next