Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:37 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Hello all,

Another question asked in the given thread in the general section, is: if there are speaker cables available.

Yes there are, but they are of our regular nature and costing.

There could never be a speaker cable made of liquid metal at such comparative prices to match. The raw materials cost (ie, as if you thought of high grade glass lenses of being a $2 pile of sand), are well into the thousands -for the speaker cables.

The GC 'Game Changer' RCA cable is a unique product and placement in our line up.

It is built and sold specifically to draw attention to itself and Teo Audio, via the associated technology & physics, which combine to give unique results.

Thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:49 pm 

Will you be submitting a paper to the Audio Engineering Society to fully explain this remarkable discovery? Until reviewed peer-to-peer by other engineers (I am assuming you are an engineer, please confirm) then all of this verbage is really just an advertorial, no?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:03 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Hello starbucks,

There's no remarkable discovery, but the simple use of the physics of true fluids vs that of solidus conductive materials. I don't have to prove anything to you, you have to prove something to me: That you are somehow literate in the sciences involved. Which does not appear to be the case.

ie, your pressured implication that magentohydrodynamics is a false science.

So please don't tilt at non-existent windmills that you don't understand, bring that here, and play a game of baiting.... and attempt to put the cables or the science of them in a bad light.

If it seems like I'm being a bit judgemental, it is just that we're dealing with an engineered and finalized product, that embodies a science and physics that is literally a magnitude beyond that of solidus wire, with respect to being a favorable environment for audio signals. Such a scenario automatically creates windmill tilting of a legitimate nature (curiosity or feeling affront) and sadly, a clandestine targeted nature. Just my direct experience.

Which means any audio cable product that embodies such aspects, well.. evolution... eventually... has it's day.

The cables exhibit behaviour that is typified as being magentohydrodynamic and Electrohydrodynamic in nature.

Both of which are completely outside of any electrical behavior that any solidus wire type audio cable is capable of exhibiting.

Both of which are far more favorable to the true nature of an electron cloud, in the form of an audio signal.

And that is indeed a fact.

Thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:24 pm 

Teo Audio wrote:

There's no remarkable discovery, .

I find it odd that this post is the first time you used the term, "magentohydrodynamics" in your CAM posts that I can find,, and odder still, the term is nowhere to be found in your patent claim.

Your response to Starbucks sure is aggressive however....it seems you're pretty darned good at the forum promotion game, as much as you have stated it's an unfriendly atmosphere. . Kudo's.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:03 am 

Teo Audio wrote:
Hello starbucks,

There's no remarkable discovery, but the simple use of the physics of true fluids vs that of solidus conductive materials. I don't have to prove anything to you, you have to prove something to me: That you are somehow literate in the sciences involved. Which does not appear to be the case.

ie, your pressured implication that magentohydrodynamics is a false science.

So please don't tilt at non-existent windmills that you don't understand, bring that here, and play a game of baiting.... and attempt to put the cables or the science of them in a bad light.

If it seems like I'm being a bit judgemental, it is just that we're dealing with an engineered and finalized product, that embodies a science and physics that is literally a magnitude beyond that of solidus wire, with respect to being a favorable environment for audio signals. Such a scenario automatically creates windmill tilting of a legitimate nature (curiosity or feeling affront) and sadly, a clandestine targeted nature. Just my direct experience.

Which means any audio cable product that embodies such aspects, well.. evolution... eventually... has it's day.

The cables exhibit behaviour that is typified as being magentohydrodynamic and Electrohydrodynamic in nature.

Both of which are completely outside of any electrical behavior that any solidus wire type audio cable is capable of exhibiting.

Both of which are far more favorable to the true nature of an electron cloud, in the form of an audio signal.

And that is indeed a fact.

Thank you for your time.

Wow, do you ever need to learn how to editorialize yourself....
You do understand your talking to a potential customer right?....

I run two construction companies and I can assure you that in the last 30 years the very last thing I would say to a customer prior to buying anything is that they have to prove something to me....
Then to make matters worse you insinuate that he is tilting some metaphorical windmill , he doesn't understand and he is baiting....
He asked you a question about peer to peer evaluation, presumably to further inhance his interest in your product.... Given the spectacular claims you make here that is a reasonable question that deserves to be addressed in a reasonable way... Instead you reply in technobabble to barely veil your rude and condicending response.....

You my good sir may be on the edge of change.... Maybe... But your a train wreck on this forum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:06 am 

Regardless of science, I think they sound great. Isn't that all that matters?

Decware SE84UFO2... Chord 2Qute... Omega SAM's... TEO GC Liquid Cables... Audiosector Integrated... Auralic Aries Femto... Sonore Microrendu... Equi-Core 1200 Power Conditioner... MCRU LPS... Audioquest Dragonfly Red... Zavfino1877 power cord.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:28 am 

milesian wrote:
Regardless of science, I think they sound great. Isn't that all that matters?

Of coarse!

listen, I am not taking this gentleman to task for his product...far from it, I'm encouraged by anything that changes the norm. In my world that's called progress.

But wow does this fella need to take a marketing coarse...honestly regardless of his products merits he isn't representing himself particularly well, which is a shame really. And hey, if you come on a public forum with spectacular claims you have to know....despite his plea to not let this happen...people will challenge the message....and the person behind the message.

lets hope he has more satisfied customers and he can afford a marketing person

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:31 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Hello ADCO and specifically Starbucks,

I feel I must apologize for my behavior and I do so, profusely. No excuses added in to try and wiggle and weasel off the hook, either. My bad.

We're very proud of our cables and their accomplishment as a piece of cutting edge technology.

At this point the best way to deal with the question at hand, is for folks, perhaps those involved, to hear one of the cables. That particular aspect of the scenario has been brought down in price/costing to as low a level as it can be, and simultaneously made to be as risk free as is possible. At the same time it is a culmination of a multi-generational cycle of improvements.

These are the combined reasons and rationale for the specific cable involved having been brought to market. Hearing the cable, and having an opinion afterward, is probably the more realistic way to move forward.

Thank you for your time, and again, Apologies.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:47 am 

I have been a marketing strategist for the better part of 25 years.
Here is one honest, and free advice:

I very stongly suggest you stick to the technical and product development side of your business, and not engage with customers as I feel you will alienate many of them. With your choice of words, with the attitude, with the distancing message. However would be great writing technical papers, for example.

But as far as marketing your company and products, I would definitely hire someone to takeover all client relations responsibility.

There are tons of companies that had great products but went bankrupt because the owner-inventor-gizmoer insisted on marketing his product himself, inventing himself as a marketer along the way. It is a subtle yet ferocious world out there in consumer land.

High-end audio is as much (if not more) about marketing than it is about product.

Proof: there are many crummy or ordinary products out there that end up being great successes because they know which magic buttons to press with customers. And this includes cables of course.

You are not pressing any magic buttons with what I have seen so far.

Just my opinion, good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:52 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

milag wrote:
I have been a marketing strategist for the better part of 25 years.
Here is one honest, and free advice:

I very stongly suggest you stick to the technical and product development side of your business, and not engage with customers as I feel you will alienate many of them. With your choice of words, with the attitude, with the distancing message. However would be great writing technical papers, for example.

But as far as marketing your company and products, I would definitely hire someone to takeover all client relations responsibility.

There are tons of companies that had great products but went bankrupt because the owner-inventor-gizmoer insisted on marketing his product himself, inventing himself as a marketer along the way. It is a subtle yet ferocious world out there in consumer land.

High-end audio is as much (if not more) about marketing than it is about product.

Proof: there are many crummy or ordinary products out there that end up being great successes because they know which magic buttons to press with customers. And this includes cables of course.

You are not pressing any magic buttons with what I have seen so far.

Just my opinion, good luck.

Hello milag,

Is a sorry state of affairs, is it not... that marketing takes precedence over quality.

In the case of this particular product the issues are doubly conflated and magnified.

The standing joke is that when we go to trade shows, I can arrive at the show but I am to be tied up in the trunk of the car, with tape over my mouth, for the duration. When time to leave, I can sit in the car again, for the ride back.

Thank you for your efforts.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:17 pm 

Thankfully, at least in audio, marketing does not take precedence over product that often, but it does happen.

Success in this market does not rely necessarily on the product itself, (which has been 99% of your speech so far) but on what this product BRINGS to the user. Does it provide more enjoyment? More flexibility? Pride factor? WAF? Does it make your whole system better? Does it save you money so you can allocate funds somewhere else? Is the manufacturer credible? Will he be there in a few years should something go wrong? Does the buyer feel he had his money's worth? Does the product flatter a certain music style?

As you see, the technology part concerning the product is important, but for most folks, it is hardly the whole ball of wax.

Above all, selling is about listening and adjusting.

Regards, and good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:46 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Hello Milag,

I thank you for mentioning all those concerns. My speech so far is 99% about the product, in the technical sense, as this forum, rightly I feel..does not allow marketing. If you look at all the dealer advertisements, nary a one strays from simple product announcement. owners, end users of products can do as they please, regarding their marketing of personally owned items. Again, I feel that is all reasonable.

I cannot engage people in this thread on that subject area of promotion. Yet... people are still here, they still arrive, they still read, and they subscribe to this thread.

Marketing budgets for audio audio companies are for running advertising in audio magazines... and nowadays, this also includes internet advertising. In the print area of such vehicles as magazines, depending on the issue (time of year, etc) over 15% of the advertising revenue for the magazine can be from cable companies.

Question: What do you think the response would be when something comes along to such a developed ecosystem... and is capable of taking a wrecking ball to it?

Such a situation would be complex well beyond it's surface view. Anyone who really wants to know or understand some of the undercurrent, can pm me, any time.

Thank you for your input.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:08 pm 

Sorry to disagree with on 1000% on your comment: ''as this forum, rightly I feel..does not allow marketing"

On the contrary, anytime one crosses the path of their potential clients, it is an excellent opportunity to plant some seeds. Your definition of marketing if you permit my being direct, is incorrect, and only limited to the traditional ways of advertising.

Participating on a blog such as this one is your opportunity to do some content marketing, (look it up) which means establishing some form of credibility and reference with your potential client base. And specialty forums are some of the best grounds for this.

Technical talk is content marketing. So are the topics mentioned in my previous post. In fact, any information you share on peripheral subjects related to audio could be taken as content marketing.

Don't mean to lecture anyone here, but to each their own specialty. And I admit not know much about cables. But about what it takes to market a product...well, as I said, there's more to it that meets the eye.

I have no reason to doubt about the quality of your product.

Good luck

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:06 pm 

Teo Audio wrote:
The standing joke is that when we go to trade shows, I can arrive at the show but I am to be tied up in the trunk of the car, with tape over my mouth, for the duration. When time to leave, I can sit in the car again, for the ride back.

So, they don't know about you on CAM yet then? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:12 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

Hello Che,

They know I'm on the forum.

Thanks to the mods for moving this to the (now) more obviously appropriate forum area.