Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:49 pm 

very happy to hear this, will certainly go, and I m very happy to hear that the old organization are taking over .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:27 pm 

very frustrating not having any contact info how are exibitors supposed to contact them for securing a spot?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:54 pm 

stugazz wrote:
very frustrating not having any contact info how are exibitors supposed to contact them for securing a spot?

give them I little more time, they re just figuring out the best way to do this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:45 pm 

Taken from https://www.facebook.com/mtlsalonaudio

Quote:
"24 hours after the sad announcement, the new organisers of the new Montreal Audio Fest already have more exhibitors signed than the previous administration."
"24 heures après la triste annonce, les nouveaux organisateurs du nouveau Montréal Salon Audio ont signé plus d'exposants que la précédente administration."

This is great news. Impressive last minute, come into action plan. As John "Hannibal" Smith would say

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:56 am 

stugazz wrote:

Dude, you need to chill. Use the links as pointed out, and they'll contact you. They just set it up yesterday at 5am, so I am pretty sure that they've kinda been busy.
b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:48 am 

mantisory wrote:
stugazz wrote:

Dude, you need to chill. Use the links as pointed out, and they'll contact you. They just set it up yesterday at 5am, so I am pretty sure that they've kinda been busy.
b

OK just too anxious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:09 am 
Premium User

mantisory wrote:
stugazz wrote:

b

Actually mansitory, they set up the Non-Profit organisation at 5:00AM and the Facebook page got set up at 10:30AM. Now, understand that all of this is happening with only 2 people who also have full time jobs and a few friends volunteering what little available time they have on basically a few hours notice. Setting up a Facebook page, web site, registration, logistics, advertising materials, etc... all basically fall on the shoulders of these 2 people with the organisation being handled by 1 and the majority of the legwork falling on the other. They are doing what usually takes several people months in a matter of a week! Setting up a phone line does not happen within a few hours after setting up an NPO; it can take a day or 2.

BTW, the majority , if not all, of the new exhibitors, came on board through previously existing relationships and contacts that these 2 people have cultivated over the years, so I find it understandable that these existing contacts have gotten the highest priority, but I am also confident that they will get back to as many people as possible within a short time.

I've been trying to contact Sarah myself to volunteer my time and limited abilities to help out since last night and am awaiting a response.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8