Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:34 pm 

Anyone know who carries Line Magnetic? Want to audition a 219ia but now that Loyalty Sound here in Calgary is gone....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:54 pm 

Wasn't there a thread from last week that says they have moved (or at least in the process of moving)?

EDIT: Ok, here it is: http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41209

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:56 pm 

I have not been to their new store - but they did move from downtown quite some time ago - their website is still up and running????

http://www.loyaltysound.com/index.html

jp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:30 pm 

Yes, website is up and running except that the address shown is the old one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:50 pm 

violaguy wrote:
Yes, website is up and running except that the address shown is the old one.

We've discuss this topic here http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/vi ... =4&t=41209 last week.

The new Loyalty Sound website does have the new address in it as you can see it here http://www.loyaltysound.com/index.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:50 am 

They are open for business, I bought something from Albert last week. As for Line Magnetic Albert says he will only carry the high end amps as their less expensive products would compete with the Cayin line which he also carries.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:41 pm 

I have recently done business there.

Never again.

That is all I will say.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:56 pm 

ShaneF wrote:

Never again.

That is all I will say.

I'm sorry to hear that, the last time I was there Albert was on his own without "sales staff" but sadly I't looks like a declining business model. Calgary is just about out of audio stores with a couple of exceptions.....sad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:28 pm 

wcoombs wrote:
ShaneF wrote:

Never again.

That is all I will say.

I'm sorry to hear that, the last time I was there Albert was on his own without "sales staff" but sadly I't looks like a declining business model. Calgary is just about out of audio stores with a couple of exceptions.....sad.

I wouldn't say that high end dealer in Calgary are going out of business as there are a lot of stereo store to choose from in Calgary http://ab.allpages.com/calgary/shopping-shopping-services/electronics/stereo-dealers/. For highend dealers besides Albert of Loyalty Sounds there's Kurt from Audio Room, Ross of Absolute Audio Video, Darren of K&W, John of Sounds of Music, Rachel of Grant Fidelity, and of course Wade from That Old Retro Store for vintage stereo.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:46 am 

Is Loyalty Sound actually still open? Google says they're permanently closed...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:39 am 

I have a friend that lives in Edmonton that has shopped there. He had a good experience and liked what they carried. The sales guy leave you alone when you listen to the equipment as well. When I was in audio sales back in the 70's, I always stood behind where the customer was seated during a demo. I never talked during unless I was asked a question.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:57 am 

tube54 wrote:
wcoombs wrote:
ShaneF wrote:

Never again.

That is all I will say.

I wouldn't say that high end dealer in Calgary are going out of business as there are a lot of stereo store to choose from in Calgary http://ab.allpages.com/calgary/shopping-shopping-services/electronics/stereo-dealers/. For highend dealers besides Albert of Loyalty Sounds there's Kurt from Audio Room, Ross of Absolute Audio Video, Darren of K&W, John of Sounds of Music, Rachel of Grant Fidelity, and of course Wade from That Old Retro Store for vintage stereo.

Read my post I said audio stores, not home theatre hybrids. Like the now defunct General Audio under owner George, Loyalty Sound was never about home theatre, they were/are tubes and vinyl focused. Often you would find Albert at the front counter with a soldering iron in his hand. Ian Grant was the same with a focus on audio, following his passing I'm not sure Rachel has kept the store front going.
The old retro store....really.

Last edited by wcoombs on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:11 am 

Calgary has a better audio store scene than Vancouver! A lot of the stores mentioned from when I was a kid are still open. I fondly remember going into General Audio.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:38 am 

Read my post I said audio stores, not home theatre hybrids. Like the now defunct General Audio under owner George, Loyalty Sound was never about home theatre, they were/are tubes and vinyl focused. Often you would find Albert at the front counter with a soldering iron in his hand. Ian Grant was the same with a focus on audio, following his passing I'm not sure Rachel has kept the store front going.
The old retro store....really.[/quote]

I see your point. Albert is a little lost of where his business is going since his main go-to salesman Dave De Groot retired. Rachel doesn't have a storefront as she operates her business in an old warehouse in Airdrie. General Audio was bought by a guy who operates his business on the 2nd floor of Audio Temp in the NE area. The last time I was there I was listening to Focal Utopia speakers driven by Devialet. But I'm not sure if it's still there as I haven't been there in a while. BTW, Ed Meitner of EMM Labs has a storefront in the SE area. Ed Meitner is a very eccentric an interesting guy to talk to. I ask him one time regarding his favorite music that he listens to. He told me that he doesn't listen to music as he only listens to the sound. The reason for that is he can't fix the music but he can certainly fix the sound. However, don't dismiss That Old Retro Store so fast as every now and then you'll be surprised what you'll find there. I was there a week ago and I was very surprised to find that he had some audio gears from Revox, Naim, Audio Research, Oracle Delphi turntable and the JBL monitor speakers. I guess he sold the Magnepan 3.7 driven by Bryston SST2 gears that he used to have last year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:46 am 
Premium User

tube54 wrote:
Albert is a little lost of where his business is going since his main go-to salesman Dave De Groot retired.

According to a mutual acquaintance, Dave was laid off by Albert with little notice.

Last edited by electrafixion on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.