Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:15 am 
Manufacturer/Sponsor

Nice that the date has been set so far in advance. 8)

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=2b4 ... 9688603f11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:53 am 

Good to hear. So much for the talk of no more SSI.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:44 am 

nice!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:53 am 
Site Admin

All these shows rely on the support of the entire Canadian audio enthusiast community to survive, glad to hear the SSI will be back next year as it means the hobby is well and alive still.

You should be know that the same folks behind the SSI are also hosting a Vancouver Audio Show in a couple weeks (May 8-10) and they are a CAM sponsor.

Check out our thread here:

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/vi ... =3&t=38044

Or their direct page:

http://bit.ly/1FeETzH

If the show is successful the group will probably become a regular sponsor of CAM to promote shows, and we're very excited by having such a great partner on the site.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:35 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Apparently SSI has taken advice/feedback of many of the exhibitors to follow the example of the TAVES model for 2016 to be a multi dimensional show (CES style) to attract a wider demographic. TAVES must be on the right track as they sold out all the main rooms hours after emailing out the 2015 show packages earlier this week. Usually it takes many months for exhibitors to commit to anything. Very encouraging news on both counts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:56 pm 

First thing they should do is rename it to Salon Audio de Montréal just like it's called in English. I mean where's the video? Then move it elsewhere downtown. That hotel is depressing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:07 pm 

Since the Toronto organization has decided to commit suicide and move their show out of town (history leaves clues) why don't they merge with the Montreal show and hold one huge show per year in Kingston. Convenient drive from both cities plus the draw from Ottawa, Syracuse, upstate NY, etc. VIA rail service, bus, car, air access. One show, no date conflicts. The city of Kingston would roll out the red carpet and bend over backwards for the organizers (f-all else goes on there otherwise). Lots of free parking, cheap eats, Montreal table dancers, it would be awesome! Am I right or am I right?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:57 pm 

starbucks wrote:
Since the Toronto organization has decided to commit suicide and move their show out of town (history leaves clues) why don't they merge with the Montreal show and hold one huge show per year in Kingston. Convenient drive from both cities plus the draw from Ottawa, Syracuse, upstate NY, etc. VIA rail service, bus, car, air access. One show, no date conflicts. The city of Kingston would roll out the red carpet and bend over backwards for the organizers (f-all else goes on there otherwise). Lots of free parking, cheap eats, Montreal table dancers, it would be awesome! Am I right or am I right?

Good idea, but I do not think they will go for it.

Brian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:36 pm 

starbucks wrote:

I have been going to the Son & Image show for a number of years and one of the draws for me is that it is in Montreal!

Montreal has great live music and a European flair to the culture.

There are great restaurants as well (and Montreal is known for smoked meat).

Two large down town stores to buy CD/records in case you hear some music you like at the show - there is HMV and Archambaults (http://www.archambault.ca/archambault-ACH-fr-ct)

And....Montreal is of course known for having beautiful women!

On another thread, many people complained about Son & Image 2015 - for me and my friends who attended this year, we are looking forward to the Son & Image 2016 show!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:16 pm 

I haven't been to the show for 5 years now but plan to go this year. Looking at the exhibitors/brands, it seems to be much, much smaller than what it once was. Even compared to 2015, there appears to be a fraction of the brands. Per the website, 35 brands and 20 exhibitors for 2016 vs 242 brands and 62 exhibitors in 2015. Hopefully more are yet to be posted.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:30 pm 

yes the smokemeat is good at reubens only one block awayi know the manager there

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:14 pm 

prostock1 wrote:
yes the smokemeat is good at reubens only one block awayi know the manager there

That's where we dine for lunch when my friends and I attend the show. :D

And yes, unless the website is not accurate, the show might have shrunk to microscopic proportions. Lets hope not, because I look forward to this show each year.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:27 pm 

prostock1 wrote:

Might be off topic but if you're a smoked meat head, the absolute best is Schwartz on St-Laurent. Montrealers know every other smoked meat place are like golden arches. Getting a seat is another adventure, eating in is unforgettable. Prepare for a long wait but it's so worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:42 pm 
Premium User

Greg_567 wrote:
starbucks wrote:

I have been going to the Son & Image show for a number of years and one of the draws for me is that it is in Montreal!

Absolutely. Kingston has nothing to offer.

-- 20 Feb 2016 22:43 --

arvidien wrote:
Might be off topic but if you're a smoked meat head, the absolute best is Schwartz on St-Laurent.

+1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:14 pm 

I am looking forward to it once again. I've attended the last four years and it has been painful to witness the lack of returning brands and exhibitors attending over this period of time. Happy to hear that they are expanding their reach and casting a wider net to attract more folks.