Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:10 am
Posts: 1511
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Anyone ever buy from these guys online?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:48 pm
Posts: 191
Location: Canada
Yep, and I had no issues. No idea how they get away with shipping some of the lines they have across Canada however? Last I heard both Denon and Marantz weren't fond of this, but yet these guys seem to ship both anywhere.

What are you after from them?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:47 am
Posts: 149
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Yes.

About 2 weeks ago.

No issues. Good experience.

Ordered on Wednesday, product at my door following Monday.

Shipping cost was very reasonable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:41 am
Posts: 438
Location: SE Quebec, QC, CA
I bought a Pioneer Elite SACD player from them about 2 years ago with no problems although I phoned first to make sure they actually had it in stock.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:10 am
Posts: 1511
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
BlockerBrothers wrote:
Yep, and I had no issues. No idea how they get away with shipping some of the lines they have across Canada however? Last I heard both Denon and Marantz weren't fond of this, but yet these guys seem to ship both anywhere.

What are you after from them?


Thanks for the feedback. Was just wondering what level of customer service to expect. Their shipping quotes seem surprisingly low. Too good to be true?

Looking at a set of Def Tech speakers.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:48 pm
Posts: 191
Location: Canada
dmitchell wrote:
BlockerBrothers wrote:
Yep, and I had no issues. No idea how they get away with shipping some of the lines they have across Canada however? Last I heard both Denon and Marantz weren't fond of this, but yet these guys seem to ship both anywhere.

What are you after from them?


Thanks for the feedback. Was just wondering what level of customer service to expect. Their shipping quotes seem surprisingly low. Too good to be true?

Looking at a set of Def Tech speakers.


I doubt you will have any issues.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:03 pm
Posts: 430
Location: Erin, ON, CA
Gibby's is good. No issues.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:10 am
Posts: 1511
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Awesome.

Thanks guys.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:17 pm
Posts: 1963
Location: New Westminster, BC, CA
I'm looking at a Marantz integrated amp. The 6004 - B stock, but if it has no issues I'll take a shot for $329! Might call ahead just to get the low-down on the condition of the unit. Sounds like most have had good experiences.

_________________
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination. - Oscar Wilde


Last edited by stickers11 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:43 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Shallow Lake, ON, CA
I ordered a pair of Polk speakers from them on Tuesday morning and they literally showed up at my door on a Canpar truck Wednesday afternoon! No issues whatsoever.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:51 am
Posts: 18
Location: Ashton, ON, CA
I've bought B-stock from them. Absolutely no problems with Gibbys or the item.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:56 pm
Posts: 1097
Location: near PETERBOROUGH, ON, CA
driftwoodpine wrote:
I've bought B-stock from them. Absolutely no problems with Gibbys or the item.



+1


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:14 am
Posts: 16
Location: Welland, ON, CA
Ordered a Fiio DK1 from them a couple of weeks ago, got the item, and no issues. They were priced half of typical and I opted for in store pickup as I am close by. Good people, customer service was great!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:43 pm
Posts: 1375
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
What is "B Stock"? Is that like an open box item or does it mean something else.

I have never bought anything "B Stock" that's why I am asking. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:43 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Shallow Lake, ON, CA
tardis26 wrote:
What is "B Stock"? Is that like an open box item or does it mean something else.

I have never bought anything "B Stock" that's why I am asking. Thanks.


https://gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca/b-stock-items/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group