Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:28 pm 

I am not sure if there is an etiquette issue about copying the words someone had previously used for a new ad.

An ad I about to place for a Karaoke mixer was perfectly produced by a CAM member in 2010. As I am a lazy man I thought why not just use his words.

I would have PM'ed him except I do not have PM status ... yet.

Thanks,
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:41 pm 

[quote="bigbobster"]I am not sure if there is an etiquette issue about copying the words someone had previously used for a new ad.

An ad I about to place for a Karaoke mixer was perfectly produced by a CAM member in 2010. As I am a lazy man I thought why not just use his words.

Thanks,
Bob[/quote]

This technique may not be popular for all other ads but 'karaoke mixers'. Then it's open season...
Using the other guy's pic however, especially if it's Tortelvis doing 'Black Dog' in his living room, is definitely a no-no.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:27 pm 
Premium User

bigboobster - if it was up to me, just do it because my quess is NO ONE CARES as long as you delivered what is promised to the paying party.

best, fats.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:53 pm 
Premium User

Nothing specifically in the rules prevents you from doing this, but attaching images from previous ads is not allowed (see item 10). You do run the risk though of having your ad flagged as being suspicious or a possible scam attempt.

Posting guidelines

By posting an ad here, you further agree to the following guidelines:
1.All brands, items, and names listed in the ad must pertain to the ad in question. Do not list brands or items in your classified that have nothing to do with the ad. Messages like "I also have a ______ for sale" are not permitted in classifieds.
2.List only a single item per classified, or only list multiple items in one classified if the intention is to sell them together
3.Include the name of the brand and model number of the item in the "Caption" or "Title" of the classified
4.No foul or otherwise inappropriate language will be tolerated. Ads in violation of this rule are subject to being removed immediately and without warning.
5.No racist, hateful, or otherwise offensive comments will be tolerated.
6.No ad promoting activities that would be illegal under the laws of this State or Province, this Country, or of the state or country of domicile of the person posting the ad shall be allowed.
7.Any ad that appears to be merely a test posting, a joke, or otherwise insincere or non-serious is subject to removal.
8.All items posted for sale must be listed with a price or indicate that the seller is interested in a trade. The items posted for sale must be indicated if they are new or used or demo items. Do not post items which are just listings of products your company sells, with a link to your company site. Items for sale must have a price, or indicate Willing to Trade.
Users of this site will visit your company site if you advertise on Canuck Audio Mart. It's been proven that people visit the advertisers web sites.
Posting "bogus ads" which just direct the person to your site for further details annoy the buyers - and if the buyers quit coming, you lose your market, so let's work together on this one folks.
9.Each Ad must include all information relevant to the ad. Except to link to official product pages, your ad should not ask users to visit external links for details such as pricing, condition, details, pictures, a list of other or related items you have for sale off the site, etc.
10.You may not post images belonging to other users. This includes images from other user's listings whether they are on Canuck Audio Mart, craigslist, ebay, or any other marketplace.
11.You cannot post items for sale or post an ad for your items which directs the buyer to another site where the item is also for sale. for example, you cannot list your item for sale on Canuck Audio Mart, and direct the buyer to such and such auction sites. This does not preclude you from attempting to sell on multiple sites, but you cannot direct people away from Canuck Audio Mart to another site. Your ad must stand on it's own merit as for sale item on Canuck Audio Mart with appropriate item description, price and contact info.
12.Canuck Audio Mart reserves the ultimate discretion as to which ads, if any, are in violation of these guidelines.

Thank you. We hope that these guidelines will make Canuck Audio Mart more enjoyable for everyone.

CAM Moderation Team

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:54 pm 

Thanks for the advise.

Now I have two posts. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:45 pm 

[quote="bigbobster"]I am not sure if there is an etiquette issue about copying the words someone had previously used for a new ad.

Thanks,
Bob[/quote]

Ok ive got one for you bigbobster and fellow cammers.
On Monday as i browsed the ads i was stunned by an item advertised on Cam .
The ad read to the effect that the seller had used the item once. That the boxes were all intact and that they had received the item as a Christmas gift and already had enough of the same type of item.
The add then listed an enourmous amount of manufacturers blurb and bells about the product and listed the specs.
Oh and the seller said also the item was listed as 9 out of ten on Cams/ Audiogon scale.
I was stunned by the price as i said and immediately contacted him with an offer of payment arrangements.
Less than 5 minutes and i got an acceptance from him.

Heres the laugh.
I just had to google the item to satisfy my curiosity and low and behold found the absolutely identical ad from a different Cam member across the country placed a year ago.
Word for word describing condition and Christmas present etc. Etc.
Well well well i thought... Am i about to be scammed?
I confronted the local seller and then telephoned him from the number in his ad.
I asked him what gives and he said
"Im a lawyer and theres no problem here."
When i told him that he plagerised another ad he responded that he was "Lazy".
And i let him know that if he was a lawyer he should know all about misrepresentation.
He changed his tone immediately and i told him his ad had been reported.
He had the gall to ask if i still wanted the item and i declined.
He said his item was bought over 7 years ago and had been used everyday.
One more thing same damn picture in both ads.
And you know..
The ad is there right now even after being reported.
Lesson learned.