Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:05 pm 

I found a portable stereo radio cassette recorder (a "boombox" or "ghettoblaster") on the Canuck Audio Mart website a few days ago (via a Google search) for huge boomboxes. I was excited about the near-mint condition of the boombox (a shortwave-tuning, dual-cassette-deck machine with a gray cabinet). I remember boomboxes from my childhood and I've owned a few (or owned them along with my brother) in the last twenty or so years. I wasn't too pleased to see the word "EXPIRED" in red capital letters attached to the Canuck Audio Mart listing of the unit (above the clear pictures of the fine-looking unit that is obviously long out of production). How do I contact the seller -- whose name I believe is MIKE -- and try to determine if the boombox (or another quite similar to it in features, condition and price) is still available? I can't find the seller's e-mail address in his "profile" webpage (unlisted for privacy reasons, I suppose). Of course, I fear the shipping costs will be daunting from Canada to America (and I'm on a pretty tight budget :( ), but my interest has clearly been piqued. Can I disclose the seller's username here in these forums? It is way-2-much-stereo. Thanks for any help that you give me!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:13 pm 
Premium User

If the ad is expired, it can no longer be responded to. However, if the seller has and other current ads, you can try and contact him through one of those.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:33 pm 

OBI56 wrote:
If the ad is expired, it can no longer be responded to. However, if the seller has and other current ads, you can try and contact him through one of those.

Thanks for your prompt reply, OBI56. I suppose that's part of your duties as a moderator here on the Canuck Audio Mart website: quickly replying to postings from confused newcomers. I suspect I already know that the audio system in question has been sold (too late for me!) or that the seller has not re-listed the item for sale. And I joined the website specifically for that item -- or any other items that, again, are quite similar to the first-sought item in features, condition and price (not much use my asking about a listed item that's a wonderful find but has a price tag FAR beyond my reach :roll: !) Oh, well, I did suspect something like this might happen ...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:04 pm 

Welcome, fleabay refugee.

The good news is that by joining Canuck Audio Mart you have also joined US Audio Mart too (your username and password are the same) and now you can post [i]Free![/i] WANTED ads for your favorite and most sought-after boom-boxes. It's all good.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:21 am 

:| I'm exactly in same situation.
I want contact EXPIRED Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 sellers. But I cannot send PM to them.
It is a CAM's policy as;

When can I use the PM system in the forums? http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/faq.php#forum_pm

As a security and anti-spam feature, our forums do not allow newly registered members to use the PM system. However, after posting more than 3 forum posts, you will become a regular registered member, who can make good use of our PM system.

I understand and hope this reply is counted as a post. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:38 am 

Yes, it is :D

fm-clone wrote:
I understand and hope this reply is counted as a post. ;)

There are a couple of topic threads in the Forums listings which are especially suitable for upping your post count. "What are you listening to tonight?" for example.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:18 pm 

Or the "Maple cutting board" thread, which is four pages long, and counting.