Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:56 pm 

I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid but I recently sold a sub on CAM. I live in Alberta and buyer wants me to ship to BC. We chatted on the phone, I answered all of his questions, sent him pics of the sub, and even video to show that the sub was working. I emailed him original receipts as the warranty was transferable, over all great communication with the buyer. I sent the package Monday and has been held at the fed ex location for the past 4 days. I find this strange as this is an expensive sub! I haven't been able to reach the buyer, his phone is off and hasn't responded to my messages. I know fed ex will only hold the package for 5 business days and then is returned to sender, I asked him if he had changed his mind. I'm wondering if he now has some buyers remorse, Or maybe he's just busy and I'm paranoid. How do I go about dealing with this? The whole situation seems weird, I even included a sub cable and I paid for insurance for the item. please help!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:05 pm 

[quote="Mikeyb128"]I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid but I recently sold a sub on CAM. I live in Alberta and buyer wants me to ship to BC. We chatted on the phone, I answered all of his questions, sent him pics of the sub, and even video to show that the sub was working. I emailed him original receipts as the warranty was transferable, over all great communication with the buyer. I sent the package Monday and has been held at the fed ex location for the past 4 days. I find this strange as this is an expensive sub! I haven't been able to reach the buyer, his phone is off and hasn't responded to my messages. I know fed ex will only hold the package for 5 business days and then is returned to sender, I asked him if he had changed his mind. I'm wondering if he now has some buyers remorse, Or maybe he's just busy and I'm paranoid. How do I go about dealing with this? The whole situation seems weird, I even included a sub cable and I paid for insurance for the item. please help![/quote]

Did you receive payment prior to shipping the item?

If the item is returned to you, you have the money + the Sub.

I am sure he will contact you then, and he will have to pay for shipping again.

It is not your fault he did not pick the item up...

Regards
Ohms

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:34 pm 

This is NOT normal if Buyer suddenly has his phone off, The courier is unable to deliver it, and Buyer also gone rogue and completely off the grid incommunicado. The odds favour the likelihood that you are getting screwed.

(I) Best case scenario:

If buyer eventually arises like a Phoenix out of the ashes, then the prior post says it all:

(1) You will still have the returned-unable to deliver sub AND the cash.
(2) Buyer will have to pay shipping costs AGAIN UP-FRONT ....full stop.
(3) Of course this all presumes the obvious normal sequence of events that buyer actually paid for it all upfront in full initially .... because in God we trust, but everybody else pays cash.

(II) More Likely case scenario:

(4) You are likely getting screwed because of buyer remorse and his run away.

(5) If the buyer hasn't paid for it upfront, then you will get the unit shipped back cuz he reneged on the deal; but you will be SOL on the shipping costs for exactly the same reasons.

(6) Appropriate ultra negative feedback would be your only remedy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:41 pm 

I never ship without cash in hand.

period.

Assuming it's returned & you did not get payment in advance - it could be worse.

Many years ago I paid for an item I did receive...we made arrangments to send it back because item was not as promised.

Silly me, I paid shipping back - then he kept the item and my cash.

It happens to the best of us. Forget about it and enjoy your Christmas.
Family is more important., it could be worse.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:16 pm 

well I called fed ex and they say it will be shipped back to me on the 29th, due to holidays and all of that (if he doesn't pick it up). I DID receive payment before sending the sub, so not completely screwed. I will just have to sit back and wait it out! Thanks for the quick responses!