Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/

Why am I being flagged?
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19826
Page 1 of 2

Author:  bokunk [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:20 am ]
Post subject:  Why am I being flagged?

I am a member of CAM and I have 27 positive feedbacks but today when I responded to a sellers ad ( Lorne Pinkerton), he informed me that "You have been flagged as suspicious", Does anyone know why this is?

Author:  OBI56 [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why am I being flagged?

bokunk wrote:
I am a member of CAM and I have 27 positive feedbacks but today when I responded to a sellers ad ( Lorne Pinkerton), he informed me that "You have been flagged as suspicious", Does anyone know why this is?


Have you recently moved,or changed Internet service, changed your phone number or are you connecting from a location that is not your usual location? Your account information is tied to your location and if it does not match you are flagged as suspicious. This is to prevent someone else from logging in as you, hijacking your account and scamming someone thus ruining your reputation. Better to be flagged as suspicious and be able to justify it than risk your hard earned positive feedback.

Author:  Stark [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why am I being flagged?

OBI56 wrote:
bokunk wrote:
I am a member of CAM and I have 27 positive feedbacks but today when I responded to a sellers ad ( Lorne Pinkerton), he informed me that "You have been flagged as suspicious", Does anyone know why this is?


Have you recently moved,or changed Internet service, changed your phone number or are you connecting from a location that is not your usual location? Your account information is tied to your location and if it does not match you are flagged as suspicious. This is to prevent someone else from logging in as you, hijacking your account and scamming someone thus ruining your reputation. Better to be flagged as suspicious and be able to justify it than risk your hard earned positive feedback.


Really? The CAM system does this?

:shock:

Author:  OBI56 [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why am I being flagged?

Stark wrote:
OBI56 wrote:
bokunk wrote:
I am a member of CAM and I have 27 positive feedbacks but today when I responded to a sellers ad ( Lorne Pinkerton), he informed me that "You have been flagged as suspicious", Does anyone know why this is?


Have you recently moved,or changed Internet service, changed your phone number or are you connecting from a location that is not your usual location? Your account information is tied to your location and if it does not match you are flagged as suspicious. This is to prevent someone else from logging in as you, hijacking your account and scamming someone thus ruining your reputation. Better to be flagged as suspicious and be able to justify it than risk your hard earned positive feedback.


Really? The CAM system does this?

:shock:


CAM does not explicitely flag e-mails and responses but does make available IP information in ad response e-mails that indicate suspicious information, like an IP address possibly originating in a foreign country. Combined with other avaiable information like a phone number listed in a response, a careful seller can do a reverse phone lookup to confirm the identity of a potential buyer as has been documented in several threads on here. Responding from an e-mail address that does not match the one listed in the buyer's profile is also a reason a seller to be suspicious.

Author:  MrAcoustat [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why am I being flagged?

This is for both, buyer and seller, there are good people and there are jerks but on C.A.M. where lucky a lot more good people BUT always be careful.

When i sell something i am more than happy to give my phone number and address to the potential buyer and i do expect the same, sometimes a little call can save you lot's of problems and i also like to talk with people, when it's a machine i hang up, i'm not at ease speaking to a machine.

Author:  justpete [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why am I being flagged?

bokunk wrote:
I am a member of CAM and I have 27 positive feedbacks but today when I responded to a sellers ad ( Lorne Pinkerton), he informed me that "You have been flagged as suspicious", Does anyone know why this is?


Respond to this ad and I'll see what I can figure out for you:

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/ ... io_i_5080/

Author:  bokunk [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why am I being flagged?

Answer to OB156 no,no,no and no. Nothing has changed with my info.

-- 17 Mar 2011 19:10 --

To Justpete. Okay, I`ve replied to your ad . What did you find out.
Thank you for your effort.

Author:  justpete [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why am I being flagged?

bokunk wrote:
Answer to OB156 no,no,no and no. Nothing has changed with my info.

-- 17 Mar 2011 19:10 --

To Justpete. Okay, I`ve replied to your ad . What did you find out.
Thank you for your effort.


"This message looks very suspicious to our SmartScreen filters, so we've blocked attachments, pictures, and links for your safety. Show content"

This isn't a message from CAM - it's from Hotmail. Did the other individual have hotmail as well?


Hotmail may have implemented some new filtering software, but then it should come up for all users. there is nothing odd about your response - perhaps if someone else were to reply to my ad, that may help.

In the meantime, I've changed my email - try again. I've pointed it to Gmail instead. Let's see what happens this time.

Author:  bokunk [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why am I being flagged?

To Justpete, Okay I`ll try again. You are probably right about Hotmail. I`ve just never had anyone tell me I was suspicious. I can`t believe that the seller hasn`t got more of these warnings from othwer interested people.

Author:  kvn63 [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why am I being flagged?

Hi Pete,
I just sent you a response, lets see what happens.

Kevin

justpete wrote:
bokunk wrote:
Answer to OB156 no,no,no and no. Nothing has changed with my info.

-- 17 Mar 2011 19:10 --

To Justpete. Okay, I`ve replied to your ad . What did you find out.
Thank you for your effort.


"This message looks very suspicious to our SmartScreen filters, so we've blocked attachments, pictures, and links for your safety. Show content"

This isn't a message from CAM - it's from Hotmail. Did the other individual have hotmail as well?


Hotmail may have implemented some new filtering software, but then it should come up for all users. there is nothing odd about your response - perhaps if someone else were to reply to my ad, that may help.

In the meantime, I've changed my email - try again. I've pointed it to Gmail instead. Let's see what happens this time.

Author:  Dalpaul [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why am I being flagged?

i had used a internet bar to send a email asking a member for turntable, as i was in Toronto, asking him whether he is available so i can visit him from Toronto directly to save time and gas.

after that, i have never heard from him again. may be same reason?

Author:  justpete [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why am I being flagged?

kvn63 wrote:
Hi Pete,
I just sent you a response, lets see what happens.

Kevin



Showed up clean.. no errors.

Author:  kvn63 [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why am I being flagged?

The email address on my account is my home email. I loged in from my work to send that reply. Hope this helps

Kevin

justpete wrote:
kvn63 wrote:
Hi Pete,
I just sent you a response, lets see what happens.

Kevin



Showed up clean.. no errors.

Author:  avhed [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why am I being flagged?

Its probably because the Pinkertons are involved.

Author:  Chuck Lee [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why am I being flagged?

I think you are suspicious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, there is nothing to fear from this cammer as he goes out of his way to make every transaction worry free.

There must be some glitch somewhere, but why now and not at trans #1?

He's sold lots of stuff on Cam.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/