Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome, and FAQs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:27 pm 

Placing my second ad today and there is no box to indicate payment method. When the ad is placed it comes up with 'cheque'.
What's going on?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:33 pm 

Anyone at all? Is this thing on?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:09 am 

[quote="musiclover005"]Placing my second ad today and there is no box to indicate payment method. When the ad is placed it comes up with 'cheque'.
What's going on?[/quote]
You have to go into your 'Profile' and there is a tab 'Edit your profile'. Click on that and scroll down. It is in you profile and not in the ad section. Hope this help. Good luck!

-- 21 Feb 2016, 08:16 --

[quote="Dave_1962"]I must have read page one 10 times and tried at least 20 but for the life of me when I'm posting a reply I can't insert a picture after clicking on the img. I see it go to the window [img] [img] with the cursor in the middle then I paste the url of the pic in there and submit. When I view it all I get is the f@#%&* url in words like this: [img]f@#%&*url[img] which I delete hopefully undetected.
Can someone spell this out for me in newb101? Sure would appreciate it.

-- 18 Feb 2016 03:31 --

I have noticed other pics are called attachments...[/quote]
Not sure if you have figured this out yet so I will try and help.
The way I typically add a picture is to use the 'File Upload' button while making the ad. This opens Windows Explorer on my PC. From here I find the file where I have saved in on my computer. Double click on it and the CAM software uploads it to my ad. Repeat as many times as necessary.
It is also possible to use the 'Managa Images' tab in the same manner once the ad had been created.
Best of luck!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:24 am 

[quote="buddha"][quote="musiclover005"]Placing my second ad today and there is no box to indicate payment method. When the ad is placed it comes up with 'cheque'.
What's going on?[/quote]
You have to go into your 'Profile' and there is a tab 'Edit your profile'. Click on that and scroll down. It is in you profile and not in the ad section. Hope this help. Good luck!

-- 21 Feb 2016, 08:16 --

[quote="Dave_1962"]I must have read page one 10 times and tried at least 20 but for the life of me when I'm posting a reply I can't insert a picture after clicking on the img. I see it go to the window [img] [img] with the cursor in the middle then I paste the url of the pic in there and submit. When I view it all I get is the f@#%&* url in words like this: [img]f@#%&*url[img] which I delete hopefully undetected.
Can someone spell this out for me in newb101? Sure would appreciate it.

-- 18 Feb 2016 03:31 --

I have noticed other pics are called attachments...[/quote]
Not sure if you have figured this out yet so I will try and help.
The way I typically add a picture is to use the 'File Upload' button while making the ad. This opens Windows Explorer on my PC. From here I find the file where I have saved in on my computer. Double click on it and the CAM software uploads it to my ad. Repeat as many times as necessary.
It is also possible to use the 'Managa Images' tab in the same manner once the ad had been created.
Best of luck![/quote]
Thanks for responding Buddha; I had no trouble with uploading a pic to my first ad, the trouble is here in the forums with the [img] and avatar. For example I can't attach an album cover in "what's everyone listening to tonight?" and with the avatar I managed to resize pic until it was less that 80x80 but then it was still bigger than 19mB yet I see lots of avatars here clearly more detailed than that.<---LOST

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:13 am 

RRIIGGHHTT I just caught that Buddha, the file upload below the reply window in the forum. Thanks for the heads up I am such a noob.

-- 21 Feb 2016 17:16 --

And now for the avatar...

-- 21 Feb 2016 17:19 --

I'm still struggling with the avatar can someone spell it out for me? I resize pic to fit 80x80 but it's still bigger than 19mB. and it won't load. HELLLP

Attachments:
HAKKO FX888D-29BY P.jpg
HAKKO FX888D-29BY P.jpg [ 12.25 KiB | Viewed 918 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:12 am 

That's a big file. Are you saving it as a jpeg?
What are you using to resize the image?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:31 am 

[quote="buddha"]That's a big file. Are you saving it as a jpeg?
What are you using to resize the image?[/quote]
That's just a random pic I used just to see if I could upload it as per your previous advice.
SUCCESS. I didn't resize it at all. However it's a different story with the avatar; I resized a few different pics in windows live photo gallery(windows 7) so that they met 80x80 criteria but when I tried to upload I'm told the file exceeds 19mB thar's the rub.

-- 21 Feb 2016 18:33 --

Ok so are you saying it has to be a jpeg as opposed to other extensions?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:39 am 

It can be one of the factors. Jpeg and png files are compressed files. They have smaller file sizes than comparable non compressed formats like bmp or tiff.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:54 am 

[quote="buddha"]It can be one of the factors. Jpeg and png files are compressed files. They have smaller file sizes than comparable non compressed formats like bmp or tiff.[/quote]
Ok I'll go back to the drawing board and see if I can work it out, thanks again Buddha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:11 am 

[quote="Dave_1962"][quote="buddha"]That's a big file. Are you saving it as a jpeg?
What are you using to resize the image?[/quote]
That's just a random pic I used just to see if I could upload it as per your previous advice.
SUCCESS. I didn't resize it at all. However it's a different story with the avatar; I resized a few different pics in windows live photo gallery(windows 7) so that they met 80x80 criteria but when I tried to upload I'm told the file exceeds 19mB thar's the rub.

-- 21 Feb 2016 18:33 --

Ok so are you saying it has to be a jpeg as opposed to other extensions?[/quote]
I meant 19kiB not 19mB sorry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:05 pm 

OK. That makes a bit more sense. That's a magnitude of a thousand. I'm sure CAM has spec as to what files they accept. General Jpeg is excepted as it is what almost all smartphones etc default to.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:25 pm 

[quote="buddha"]OK. That makes a bit more sense. That's a magnitude of a thousand. I'm sure CAM has spec as to what files they accept. General Jpeg is excepted as it is what almost all smartphones etc default to.[/quote]

Still the avatar is an encrypted nightmare. I tried using the url location but it told me the url as invalid....still can't accommodate the file size of any pic in my gallery....using Windows 7 on wifi...must....load.....avatar.........arrghhhh........

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:55 pm 

Don't get hung up on an avatar.
It sounds like it's not worth the trouble.
We are here to share and enjoy audio discussion.
Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:12 pm 

[quote="admin"]This forum was created so that we could organize a series of FAQs and guides from discussions that people have.

The forum is locked to mod postings, but regular members can post replies.

Please note that the intention is to allow mods to maintain the information - replies are only to allow members to contribute ideas or corrections - the individual posts may be deleted after the information is incorporated to keep the place clean.

Thanks all.[/quote]

My question wasn't covered in FAQ's so I thought I'd ask it here and discuss audio in other threads. I agree an avatar isn't anything to lose sleep over I just don't like not knowing. I've had no trouble with avatar in other sites but this one seems tough. Maybe you can spell out how you did yours? It can't be that hard I'm missing something simple
here.

-- 21 Feb 2016 21:15 --

[quote="buddha"]Don't get hung up on an avatar.
It sounds like it's not worth the trouble.
We are here to share and enjoy audio discussion.
Cheers![/quote]

I am enjoying myself and the process of learning

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:08 pm 

440 views and only Buddha helped with my pic posting? No help with the avatar? Come on guys hook a newbie up fcs!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next