Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

In addition to the FAQ question "Why am I not receiving any emails from Canuck Audio Mart?", this document will hopefully help shed some light on properly receiving email from CAM.

Email is a tricky beast and members sometimes don't receive notification emails of replies to their adverts. This post will hopefully outline a few strategies to maximize your chances of receiving our email:

Before you start, we strongly suggest you check your replies on CAM yourself regularly to make sure you are not missing email replies! CAM has a "My Responses" page which shows you a list of your replies to other people's ads as well as other people's replies to your ads. If you see any replies there that do NOT appear in your email you have an email problem!!!

• Use Gmail if you can. Gmail is known to receive our emails with very few problems for many years now. Unlike Hotmail, AOL, and Yahoo mail, Gmail appears to properly identify our emails, and if it makes mistakes it is easier to train and whitelist via their simple "Not Spam" buttons. You may also be interested to know that Gmail can download email from your other accounts into one single account, so you can use Gmail as your single source of email and even reply to users and appear as if you were writing from your @rogers or @telus account. You can learn more about this feature here: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answ ... swer=21288
  • Whitelist our emails Most free email services perform spam filtering for you now, this includes Telus, Rogers, Bell, Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo mail, etc. Sometimes this spam filtering is overly aggressive. Avoid being blocked by adding all the @canuckaudiomart.com emails to your whitelist. For instructions on how to create a whitelist with your provider please check their support docs or contact their support department.
  • Do NOT auto delete SPAM Services like Rogers.com email offer the ability to auto delete spam. Do NOT use this. If you turn this on you'll never know if your CAM emails are being filtered to spam. Sometimes the spam filter heuristics might change and cause our email to be auto deleted. We suggest that if you do NOT see emails from us, check your spam folders, and flag those wrongly filtered emails as being safe to hopefully train your spam filters to stop filtering our emails.
  • Do NOT flag our email as SPAM, even from spammers, lowballs, and deadbeats This is a common user mistake. You receive a deadbeat or lowball offer and flag it as spam. There is a chance that the spam filters will misinterpret your actions as not wanting to receive CAM emails, or worse yet, ANY emails talking about audio topics that might have been in those emails. If you receive bad emails like this delete them manually. You may also choose to only receive replies from CAM members in your profile, which might reduce any spam problems you might have (we don't have a particularly high spam problem).

If other members have tips or can specifically detail how to whitelist or unblock CAM emails please do post them here and help your fellow Canadians!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:08 pm 

Ok, great. I get the notifications no problem. NOw, how do we get the New Responses button to stop blinking (once we have read our PM's)?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:09 pm 

Musicware4u wrote:
Ok, great. I get the notifications no problem. NOw, how do we get the New Responses button to stop blinking (once we have read our PM's)?

Oh and I use gmail which is why I always get the notifications. CAM rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:33 am 

Musicware4u wrote:

Oh and I use gmail which is why I always get the notifications. CAM rocks!

I know lot's of people say incredimail is garbage but i have been using it for many many years and just love it ( the free version ) tried the premium version and did'nt like it probably because i was use to the normal version you are always more confortable in an old pair of shoes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:20 am 

I have a hotmail account and didn't get any of my add replys. I added the email addresses listed in the FAQ page and am hoping that solves the problem. I likely missed selling my amp due to this problem so putting a warning/reminder in the site registration would be a help. Thanks