Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Welcome, and FAQs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:50 pm 

Thanks Dave for the info. Had got the answer from a friend and a CAM member prior to your response.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:37 pm 
Premium User

Dave_1962 wrote:
440 views and only Buddha helped with my pic posting? No help with the avatar? Come on guys hook a newbie up fcs!

I've never had problems with Avatars, but then I have always used the KISS method.

Avatar dimensions should not exceed 80 pixels X 80 pixels
Avatars should be in a simple, universal file format such as jpg or gif
Avatars should be uploaded from your local computer

I you MUST link to an external url, make sure that the site or service you are linking to does not require a login/password or subscription; these will cause errors to occur when you upload or te site tries to retrieve your url every time you post something or someone reads it. Links to external urls will also often fail if the url is down your picture gets moved or is deleted.

Try to keep things like Avatars as simple as possible; that way you are assured that they will work every time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:44 pm 

Dave ,
I use this and it works easy and is self explaining .

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:22 pm 

[quote="OBI56"][quote="Dave_1962"]440 views and only Buddha helped with my pic posting? No help with the avatar? Come on guys hook a newbie up fcs![/quote]

I've never had problems with Avatars, but then I have always used the KISS method.

Avatar dimensions should not exceed 80 pixels X 80 pixels
Avatars should be in a simple, universal file format such as jpg or gif
Avatars should be uploaded from your local computer

I you MUST link to an external url, make sure that the site or service you are linking to does not require a login/password or subscription; these will cause errors to occur when you upload or te site tries to retrieve your url every time you post something or someone reads it. Links to external urls will also often fail if the url is down your picture gets moved or is deleted.

Try to keep things like Avatars as simple as possible; that way you are assured that they will work every time.[/quote]

Ok thanks OB I appreciate the reply. I did resize in windows live photo gallery on my laptop (windows 7) down to 80x80 but then it said file exceeded 19kiB.
but I did not check my extension. Hopefully I can put this together now.

-- 22 Feb 2016 07:25 --

[quote="Jimmi"]Dave ,
I use this and it works easy and is self explaining .

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/[/quote]

Thanks Jimmi I'm confident between this and the mod squad I can solve it.

Thanks guys (smileyface here)

-- 22 Feb 2016 07:34 --

JIMMI.........YOU ROCK...........THANK YOU MAN

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:08 am 

Is there a way to delete messages from your Inbox and Sent folder under My Responses?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:32 am 
Premium User

sixstringhack wrote:
Is there a way to delete messages from your Inbox and Sent folder under My Responses?

On the right side of your inbox page, you have a column names Mark. Put a check mark beside each post you want to delete then go to the bottom of the inbox page and select Delete Marked from the Dropbox, then confirm your action. You have to do this on a page by page basis until you have deleted everything you want. This also applies to all pages on the PM system including Sent Messages and Outbox.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:14 pm 

[quote="OBI56"][quote="sixstringhack"]Is there a way to delete messages from your Inbox and Sent folder under My Responses?[/quote]

On the right side of your inbox page, you have a column names Mark. Put a check mark beside each post you want to delete then go to the bottom of the inbox page and select Delete Marked from the Dropbox, then confirm your action. You have to do this on a page by page basis until you have deleted everything you want. This also applies to all pages on the PM system including Sent Messages and Outbox.[/quote]

Thanks for the response. When I look at my Inbox and Sent folder from the My Responses link on the main CAM page the format of the displayed messages is not the same as the format of my PMs (which are as you described). Is there another way to see my response messages that uses the same format as my PMs so that I can access that Mark column?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:31 pm 
Premium User

sixstringhack wrote:
OBI56 wrote:
sixstringhack wrote:

On the right side of your inbox page, you have a column names Mark. Put a check mark beside each post you want to delete then go to the bottom of the inbox page and select Delete Marked from the Dropbox, then confirm your action. You have to do this on a page by page basis until you have deleted everything you want. This also applies to all pages on the PM system including Sent Messages and Outbox.

Thanks for the response. When I look at my Inbox and Sent folder from the My Responses link on the main CAM page the format of the displayed messages is not the same as the format of my PMs (which are as you described). Is there another way to see my response messages that uses the same format as my PMs so that I can access that Mark column?

Oh, sorry, I thought you were referring to the PM system. To my knowledge there is no way to delete these responses as they are part of the Classifieds sites archived logging system.