It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:14 pm 

Here is another choice to look at
http://www.adventproducts.com/oe/?sku=OGM1

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:31 pm 
Premium User

BlockerBrothers wrote:
OBI56 take yourself a little serious or what? Life partners? Really?

The point of taking it there was what exactly?

Oh that? You must have missed some of the rants about some of the women on here that must be lesbians, or guys who must be gay BlockerBrothers. Or maybe I should have brought up members who bash other members for their charitable work or intentions? Or members criticizing dealers for feeding the poor or taking the side of the defenseless. Or the Asian and Muslim bashing. The sorts of things that happen on here on a weekly basis that as Mods, we have to clean up after.

And just FYI, all of the above have happened or been reported to me as a Mod, both officially and in PMs or E-mails within the last 48 hours. Now, can we get back to the topic at hand please?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:05 pm 

I did. As soon as the ranters, wanna be experts, those with agenda's and idiots in general come out, I tend to ignore the thread.......and this is yet another in a long and always expanding list of threads to stay clear of.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:14 pm 

It is difficult to post an add if you do not know what to request. DaneNav used the words "help" and "suggestions"....just like many others do when they are seeking advice. He gave some specific information, which is useful to people who might be able to help. Not sure how that becomes a want add.
He sure seems to have gotten into a lot of trouble for trying to find out what to plug into his truck.

Cheers from the West Coast.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:27 pm 
Premium User

dcrossle wrote:
It is difficult to post an add if you do not know what to request. DaneNav used the words "help" and "suggestions"....just like many others do when they are seeking advice. He gave some specific information, which is useful to people who might be able to help. Not sure how that becomes a want add.
He sure seems to have gotten into a lot of trouble for trying to find out what to plug into his truck.

Cheers from the West Coast.

That is exactly what he did in his second post, but didn't in his first thread dcrossle. The difference between asking for a unit (Wanted Ad) and asking where to find a unit or suitable replacement (help in locating one). That is why this thread is ongoing and hopefully several of the great suggestions so far will help the OP out.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:38 pm 

No longer usefull... :wink:

Amicalement

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:46 pm 

I would recommend a higher end Pioneer head unit.

You might have to do a bit of research, I'm not a real expert on this stuff.
Jl Audio makes whats called a clean sweep, I believe its for interfacing factory amps, controls, etc.

or visit a kick a$$ car audio shop or like someone said send crutchfield an email and explain everything

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:05 am 

I'm using a Kenwood head unit in my 03 Chev Trailblazer LTZ. Bought it from Crutchfield as BB doesn't feel its necessary to price competitively even for a straight online purchase. It has an output for my overhead screen, but I didn't need NAV although they are available too. I needed to get the extra stuff to maintain the steering wheel controls, and IIRC they included the install kit for free or maybe half price.

Their site can be a bit challenging as you have to be careful you don't need to mod you dash for th unit to fit. If so call their help line. Forget the dealer as you will need a second mortgage to replace the head unit! Lol You will probably do better feature wise with an aftermarket unit.

Ummmm, AFAIK car audio is still audio.

Collecting vintage tube Pilot (Pilotone) HiFi gear.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:11 am 

The majority of this stuff is made in the US. With the constant fluctuation in CDN FX the only constant is the US$. Quite frankly the real issue here is the buyer trying to justify a lower price. Just move on to another ad. This like a lot of other rants on this site is over a trivial issue.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:54 pm 

Knowing this stuff... Any NAV DVD player will work in your vehicle. So you will have to choose one of your choice. Do some research. Get one with high power like 50 watts per channel. It will require an installation adapter kit for your dash board, because aftermarket stereos are of a certain shape, so it can mount in your dash. Other than that, the only thing you would need, ( if you steering wheel has buttons on it, that control your original stereo, like volume ) is an adapter module that will allow your steering wheel buttons to work with your new NAV player. "PAC" is one brand company. There are more companies out there. Crutchfield will have all that you need, including the steering wheel module adapter.
Hope this helps!