Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:49 am 

I drive an Acura RDX

The ESL audio system sounds great.

ELS Studio Premium Audio System
For the RDX Technology Package, Grammy® award-winning recording engineer and producer Elliot Scheiner helped design the Acura/ELS Surround®32 Premium 10-speaker Sound System to reproduce music the way it is heard in the recording studio. As a result, surround sound fills the car from any stereo digital source. In addition to all the source inputs of the standard RDX audio system, features of the Acura/ELS system include:
MP3- and WMA6-compatible disc player
The ability to interface with the Pandora® application45 loaded onto a paired, compatible iPhone.
HD Radio offering digital quality sound
10 speakers, including one per door, two tweeters, one center mid-range, two rear surround, one powered 8-inch subwoofer
Detailed audio system displays through the navigation screen10
Dolby®5 Pro Logic® II extracts surround sound from any digital stereo source

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:05 am 

Our 2014 RDX has the same ELS setup. Either something is wrong with ours, or I feel that any $ on that design was not well spent. I find there jus is not enough bass at any setting. I should check that the stock sub is operational.

A sealed 12 with 300w in my Fusion is much more satisfying. It can fully envelope the car with bass and is not heard from 5 feet away from the car with the windows up. It s not a hard hitting setup or a boomer.

Mark in Burlington

Last edited by mcgsxr on Sun May 28, 2017 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:11 am 

I have the 2017 Elite which includes the upgraded stereo with subwoofer. Bass isn't a problem.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:55 am 

As I'm an old guy with quite a few cassettes I have Nakamichi TD - 45z & music bank 51 CD changer.
Like the options . Think the car ('96 Buick Roadmaster) has 6 or 8 speakers from factory . Sounds lovely .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:07 pm 

Audiofils wrote:
Wondering if you guys out there are as picky with your car system as you are with your home system. I know I am and audio quality is an integral part of my car buying decision (that is when cars are not aftermarket system friendly...). On my top 3 of car audio I owned: Acura ELS, BMW Logic 7 and McIntosh (Subaru). You?

Up to a few years ago, I had a high end system in both. Even had a T-Line sub cabinet that rocked with 2-8's in an '85 Accord.
At the moment my car system is factory albeit the HU. I do have plans on using my old amplifiers and X/O system to interface with Morel speakers that I plan to install in my car.., someday soon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:01 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Used to mod out amplifiers with upgrades before mods for car amps even existed. Worked at a car audio shop for a while.

The past 20 years or so I drove around with a hole in the dash, no tunes whatsoever. Earplugs for the solo highway trips.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:25 pm 

No! At home, we don't have a second stereo in the listening room playing driving environment sounds, that competes with our main system. Otherwise, we don't want to listen to something nasty while driving and might actually want to hear the weather forecast clearly. We do have a higher standard, so, we will fix that loose connection on the left-hand speaker in the back, once we're sure it won't fix itself any time soon! Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:18 pm 

Alpine Type-R. Just one is needed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:33 pm 
Premium User

The Dynaudio system in my Volvo S80 is decent. Not really planning on changing it. Car audio just isn't for me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:57 pm 

Had my MT Acura TL with tech package for 5 years. Had my Acura RDX with tech package for 3 years. Both have the ELS system. Put in a DVD Audio for the first time this past weekend. Wow! I was blown away! The Beatles Love DVD A sounded especially amazing! My understanding is Acura had DVD A demo disc but the dealer never gave me one. When I call them to see if they have one a few years ago, they said they threw a whole bunch of them out! But I guess the software is scarce. I believe I only have like 3 DVD A disc. Are they still issuing new DVD A? My understanding is DVD A can be ripped. But I never got around to try it out. Going to do it now before my original disc wraps in my cars. Also, the ELS system is not user friendly to operate with DVD A. You can only navigate the tracks on the screen but not on the steering wheel! And it sounds so good it is distracting my driving especially on that MT TL! Now begs the question. DVD A and SACD never sounded this good in my home Bryston/Mirage HT system when I had it. I must have not set things up correctly at home ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11