Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:00 am 

hi all , im about to build a budget system and came across a couple ppi art amps . 1 is 606.2 and other is a pro art 50. i can pick them up around 450 for both. now i know these are 15 years old but there in great shape. im not interested in competing, just want good clean sound. how do these amps perform against todays amps. keep in mind the price tag . i know they were great back in the day but have lost touch with the car audio industry. any advice would be greatly appreciated . thanks for reading.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:40 am 

Personally I think that today's amps aren't built with the quality as the PPI amps were that you are talking about. Not a bad deal either although the AX606.2 can run an entire system and make it sound very loud and clear. The downside is the size of these amps, they are about 2 feet long each. You will most likely want to get rid of the proart50 as it's only a 2 channel opposed to the 606 which is a 6 channel.

If you have the room, get them, if you don't, let me in on the deal, I would love to try out the 606 in my car which matches its color.

Let me know if you need any more info, I know quite a bit about car audio from those years.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:04 am 

I have owned quit a few car amps from those years (94-97). The PPI art series were my favorite. I owned Rockford,Soundstream Reference, MTX Thunder, and Phoenix Gold M series.