Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Receiver Losing Lock
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:10 pm 

I am having an issue, have been for some time. A bit of an annoyance, but until the wife started complaining about it it was something not serious that I was willing to put up with. Now it may be time to be a little more proactive about the situation.

I own a Lexicon RV-8 receiver. For television I am running a Fibe whole home PVR. On certain channels the RV-8 loses its lock and reverts to two channel. I have to hit the corresponding input button to get it to re-establish the lock onto the 5.1 feed of the station. It only does this with certain specific channels, which leads me to believe it is the Bell PVR that's the culprit. Unfortunately without another PVR or HT amplifier it is difficult to trouble shoot the issue.

Like I said certainly nothing serious, but definitely annoying. When watching one of the stations that is prone to the problem every time the channel goes to commercial the RV-8 will lose the lock. Sometimes it will regain and then lose the lock several times, on it's own, during a single commercial break. The affected channels absolutely broadcast in 5.1 and the Lexicon doesn't always lose its lock on the same commercials.

Anyone have any thoughts about what may be going on here? Need additional information?