Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:28 am 

I didn't see any report of these in our forums yet (unless I missed them).

So, for those interested - watch out for these 'too good to be true' scams all over Kijiji.

4K projectors by 'IKON', 'ASPEN' and other 'brands' going for as low ad $500.00.

Often sold as 'received as a present, selling cheap, still sealed!' Most often with a screen as well.

There is an actual site for the IKON projectors with descriptions of their 3 'models'. It seems you can actually buy one - but, from what I've read, they are FAR from the real deal.

Couple of examples.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-video-tv-accesso ... nFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-video-tv-accesso ... nFlag=true

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:54 am 

I am sure that these projectors would be the perfect match for someone who recently purchased some Nolyn Acoustics speakers. Delivery comes from a nice white van, and they insure speaker integrity by filling enclosures with chunks of cement. Wiring pathways are kept to a minimum by simply not wiring the midrange to the faux tweeter. Even P.T. Barnum would be amazed at these deals!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:41 am 

Its funny that my first encounter with these Projectors came in a parking lot exactly like the old "white van" guys selling speakers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:59 am 

Thanks for letting us know, But why should we have in the first place reports of this??
We all know kijiji is risky.
Just be sharp when you look and buy on kijiji, specialized stuff like HT and Stereo is not the place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:43 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

I used to run a info version of a scam projector advert in kijiji. I managed to get a hold of one of those projectors, NIB, for nothing.

I kept it around and ran an advert, continually, telling people it is crap and to never buy one. A little public service announcement. Doin' what I can, kinda thing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:22 pm 

That's Kijiji for ya. No surprise there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:48 pm 

I'm also noticed a Karmen Hardon set of speakers on Kijiji for $350. They offered 5000W total system power, and a subwoofer that had a statement saying it was not responsible for the failure of building structural components. It looked awfully similar to the davinci and noylon acoustics, but we all know the Karemn Hardon name as it's available at high end audio stores like Best Buy and 2001 Audio and Video.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:28 pm 

Djphonics wrote:
I'm also noticed a Karmen Hardon set of speakers on Kijiji for $350. They offered 5000W total system power, and a subwoofer that had a statement saying it was not responsible for the failure of building structural components. It looked awfully similar to the davinci and noylon acoustics, but we all know the Karemn Hardon name as it's available at high end audio stores like Best Buy and 2001 Audio and Video.

Is that a typo - or are they actually listed as 'Karmen Hardon'? That would be hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:37 am 

I am pretty confident that's what they are labelled as. I haven't seen an advert for them in some a little while, but it always gave me a laugh as it is very similar to Harman Kardon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:26 pm 

Seen an ad for 100" IMAX home theatre projector, of course 4K for $295.00
And those bastards at IMAX want 2 million for IMAX home theatre, what a ripoff:-)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:08 pm 

Reminds me of a story when flat panel TVs were relatively new
A woman in Vancouver bought a flat panel TV, new in box. One of these "pssssst over here, want to buy a tv" deals.
The woman bought it, got it home and opened it up only to discover she bought an old oven door.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:12 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

PatTanya wrote:
Djphonics wrote:

Is that a typo - or are they actually listed as 'Karmen Hardon'? That would be hilarious.

I've hung onto this wall-wart for 30 years. One look at the 'brand', and you'll know why. Best ever. Top this one, go ahead, just try! Good luck....(it is even copywrited! Or at least they say it is.)

Attachments:
DSC09775.JPG
DSC09775.JPG [ 273.39 KiB | Viewed 1551 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:36 pm 

Teo Audio wrote:
I've hung onto this wall-wart for 30 years. One look at the 'brand', and you'll know why. Best ever. Top this one, go ahead, just try! Good luck....(it is even copywrited! Or at least they say it is.)

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is freakin' histerical!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:24 pm 

Teo Audio wrote:
PatTanya wrote:
Djphonics wrote:

Looks legit, joint venture between PANAsonic and SONY, it's a keeper!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:53 am 

Collaboration. Two Chinese knockoff factories collaborated on jointly ripping off Panasonic and Sony while branding wall power supply. And at the time they probably didn't have those brands in their own country. :lol:

Reminds me of panetone. Brands like that should require "quotation marks*.

Attachments:
Dr._Evil_2.jpg
Dr._Evil_2.jpg [ 6.76 KiB | Viewed 1226 times ]