Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:46 am 

I need movie watermark, no, I mean like the subject I wrote. I ripped some my favor movies to video files. Bt for now, I want add watermark to video I ripped. Also I want them to be watermarked with a text - "happy moments, not for business use", also I want to add my blog logo to video.
Any advise from someone experienced?
Thanks ahead!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:10 am 

I don't think you will get a an answer on this site.Try Google.Still trying to figure out what ripped means.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:14 am 

I would tell you how, but this isn't your intellectual property to begin with to start putting "watermark" on it. :?:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:32 am 

tardis26 wrote:
I would tell you how, but this isn't your intellectual property to begin with to start putting "watermark" on it. :?:

That's an assumption, it could be his favorite "home" movies or films that he produced.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:43 am 

brf wrote:
tardis26 wrote:

That's an assumption, it could be his favorite "home" movies or films that he produced.

If he knows how to do all that, then he should also know how to put watermark using software. Also this thread is under Movies & DVDs, not home made videos.:!:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:50 am 

tardis26 wrote:
brf wrote:
tardis26 wrote:

If he knows how to do all that, then he should also know how to put watermark using software. :!:

Another assumption. I've made family home movies and have ripped them to a cd and I have no idea how to put on a watermark (nor do I need to know). Just saying.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:22 am 

You don't rip them to a CD, you rip them from a CD. Anyways the question is why is he ripping the files, if it's his favorite home movies. He should already have the master produced files on his hard drive. Anyway I'll leave it at that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:37 am 
Premium User

Many of the aftermarket video ripping/mastering software products, including a few freeware ones, have watermaking features built-in.

Go to Download.com and search for Video Editing and restrict your choices to your OS and to Free or Free to Try. Out of the thousands of hits you will find many that have the features you are looking for under the terms Watermark or Captions. I used an older version of Roxio that did Watermarks, but not sure if the current version does.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:44 am 
Premium User

Still doesn't negate copy write infringement... Read the warning at the beginning of a blu-ray. They don't care what you do with it just don't copy it in any form. :shock: I know where your going with this but making a copy of something whose intellectual property does not belong to you or that you have not paid a licensing fee to do so is illegal no matter what your stated intentions. So if your going to do...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:10 pm 

Close to the Edge wrote:
I don't think you will get a an answer on this site.Try Google.Still trying to figure out what ripped means.

Thanks Brother, I did google ahead & I found that I seemed to need one video watermark tool, then I google, several tools stand out: Video Watermark Software,Aoao Video Watermark. And CNET provides tons of options & differs from the first two. I have no idea, which one is better, I totally have no clue. Besides google it, I yahoo it, only to find out a few useful tips, what's worse, I don't know which one is true. So I hope I can find someone here who has some experience of using any of them & give me some advice before I make my decision. :roll: I have no idea how to choose the tool, which point I should pay attention to. Finding the perfect tool can save me a lot of works in future. I do believe your guys have a better idea than I can.

-- 28 Jul 2015 06:12 --

tardis26 wrote:
So... can you advise? Yeah, if I can, I will ask the author for it.

-- 28 Jul 2015 06:16 --

brf wrote:
tardis26 wrote:

:D You gets me, :D :D , but some of them are my friends, and others are from my teachers. :) I only share them with a certain group of people I know, who probable won't abuse them. So hope it's Ok :roll:

-- 28 Jul 2015 06:23 --

tardis26 wrote:
brf wrote:
tardis26 wrote:

If he knows how to do all that, then he should also know how to put watermark using software. Also this thread is under Movies & DVDs, not home made videos.:!:

Could you guys stop guessing or judging me :roll: If you have some knowledge of this or have some tips and like to share with me, please advise, it'll be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:28 pm 

OBI56 wrote:
Many of the aftermarket video ripping/mastering software products, including a few freeware ones, have watermaking features built-in.

Go to Download.com and search for Video Editing and restrict your choices to your OS and to Free or Free to Try. Out of the thousands of hits you will find many that have the features you are looking for under the terms Watermark or Captions. I used an older version of Roxio that did Watermarks, but not sure if the current version does.

Good luck!

Thanks for advise, as I said, but there are too many selections on Download for this. I'm not a tech savvy, how come I can select it myself. :roll:

-- 28 Jul 2015 06:35 --

waxwings wrote:
Still doesn't negate copy write infringement... Read the warning at the beginning of a blu-ray. They don't care what you do with it just don't copy it in any form. :shock: I know where your going with this but making a copy of something whose intellectual property does not belong to you or that you have not paid a licensing fee to do so is illegal no matter what your stated intentions. So if your going to do...

Really?! I'm not using for commercial using. Some of them are even allowed to transfer on the Internet. :( I don't think I have triggered any copyright issues. :(