It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:17 am 

Ohh my goodness! too crazy.

-- 09 Jul 2017 17:18 --

Ohh my goodness! too crazy!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:19 pm 

Musicware4u wrote:
Bill Murray can do no wrong. He is a very talented funny guy since from SNL when he took over from the outgoing Chevy Chase. His comedy album, National Lampoons That's Not Funny, That's Sick is some of the funniest sh*t I have heard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYwXHJwfWLE
"I must be some kind of Neander*uck" for not going to Stereo's & Such"

Still waiting for Chevy to say something funny!

Enjoyed Bill in St Vincent.

Collecting vintage tube Pilot (Pilotone) HiFi gear.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:29 pm 

Musicware4u wrote:

"....I gotta fire up some money. God I got my head up my ass sometimes." :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:07 am 

OBI56 wrote:
Musicware4u wrote:
Bill Murray can do no wrong. He is a very talented funny guy since from SNL when he took over from the outgoing Chevy Chase. His comedy album, National Lampoons That's Not Funny, That's Sick is some of the funniest sh*t I have heard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYwXHJwfWLE

Yet his career has been declared dead several times after each successive reboot and one shot wonders followed by abject failures or plain forgettable movies. He isn't the easiest person to work with or be around according to his co-stars, pretty much like his and Dustin Hoffman's characters in Tootsie. After all, they don't call him the "Murricane" for nothing.

His original film, Meatballs, made him a star followed by the commercial and critical flop, Where the Buffalo Roam. Luckily, he was still riding on the success of Meatballs when he cot cast for Caddyshack which led to the equally successful Stripes after which he was pretty much left to rot by Hollywood. Then, almost ny pure chance, he got cast for Ghostbusters which pretty much re-established his star power. The Razors Edge was pretty much a flop, then again he hit gold with Tootsie, Scrooged and Ghostbusters II. Soon followed the flops Quick Change and What About Bob? Thank god for Groundhog Day and Kingpin, or his career would have been over again. Then, one of his most forgettable performances in The Man who knew too Little followed by the critically acclaimed Rushmore and Charlie's Angels (which was hugely successful despite him being in it) before another breakthrough performance in Lost in Translation. Luckily, he backed out of Charlie's Angels (though rumors still persist that the 3 leading actresses all threatened to quit if he was re-cast in the role of Bosley) before starring in a string of 5 successive flops before the critically acclaimed, but box office flops Grand Budapest Hotel and St-Vincent.

I was not even aware of his 2015 movie Rock the Kasbah, so it must not have been much of a commercial success after all. Is this the fault of Hollywood not accepting him or more because of his inconsistent and erratic performances? Who knows.

I can't think of any actor that hasn't had some commercial failures. George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Eddie Murphy etc have all had a string of failure films. My point was that Bill Murray is very talented but he's not a writer per se. He can't totally create his own characters and comedy is more difficult than drama so like I said, BM is the man.
rieary a..