Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:11 am 

angust63 wrote:
As a whole, I still enjoyed the series. I think the positives outweighed the negatives for me. It had the potential to be a brilliant followup to Season 1. Instead it was merely good TV.

This echoes my sentiments as well. I actually recommended Season 1 to some of my non-TV watching friends, but I don't feel the same urgency about recommending Season 2. It was still good TV, however, and there's nothing wrong with that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:14 am 

I couldn't help feeling I had seen Frank's final scene before. Just can't place the movie.

Regardless, I made my final judgement today and deleted the files from my server. Season 1 is still around and probably worth another watch later in the year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:40 am 

I've got mixed feelings about season 2, and had none about season one, I thought it was brilliant.
I've seen so much stuff that it's hard to find something where I don't at least have a few flashes of "been there - seen that" and I'm thrilled when it doesn't happen.
I enjoyed most of season two. I thought the shoot-out in the street was actually really well acted, more so than I've seen in similarly staged shoot-outs. If season one was a 10 for acting I thought season 2 was an 8, and I think the writing rates about the same, except the ending, to me it almost seemed like they ran out of script so "let's kill everybody" it had too much of the "been there - seen that" for my taste.. including the desert walk by Vince..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:37 pm 

I really enjoyed season 2 myself. It was dark, gritty and the acting was on point. Rachael, Taylor, and Colin were all fantastic. The only thing that made me fidget was the relationship between Vince and Kelly. It seemed to come across as being over acted or overly dramatic.

The one thing that blew me away was after Colin gets killed you find out that his son is really his son. Tragic as hell.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:11 pm 

Yeah, the other stretch was VV's perfect coiffure, even in the final days of being hunted down, he was always shaved and manicured without as much as a nose hair out of place. We know the camera loves your mug Vinnie, jeez. Added to how he's often played jokester roles and it made the gangster an even harder sell. He did a great job as Frank, but I mean, for a character who grew up on the streets, he got his hands dirty, what, once or twice in the 8.5 hours?

Still, overall an excellent show and most of these things amount to minor nitpicks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:13 am 

Yikes! I think the observations made regarding Season 2 are actually quite interesting, but the rather harsh, absolutist conclusion goes well beyond what those observations justify.

The sheer strength of a conviction is not itself a sufficient measure of its truth.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:27 pm 

Philosophil wrote:
Yikes! I think the observations made regarding Season 2 are actually quite interesting, but the rather harsh, absolutist conclusion goes well beyond what those observations justify.

The sheer strength of a conviction is not itself a sufficient measure of its truth.

Word!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9