Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:23 am 

So I pick this up and can't wait to hear it. Pop it put of the sleeve it's on pink vinyl cool. Cue it up and wow it's horrible. It's the first l.p. I have ever owned that runs at 45. Now we're cooking. Great album but it should be written somewhere it's a 45 lol

Cerwin Vega VS-150
Pioneer sg-90
Kenwood kd 5070

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:38 am 

i'm a big fan. where did you get the vinyl?

Kuzma, Clearaudio, Rega, Music Hall, Charisma, Haniwa, Audiodesk
BBIC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:52 am 

corby wrote:
i'm a big fan. where did you get the vinyl?

BJ RECORDS Barrie

Cerwin Vega VS-150
Pioneer sg-90
Kenwood kd 5070

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:59 am 

thanks, i'll try to find it a bit closer to me! I didn't know it was released, thanks for the "heads-up"

BBIC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:14 am 
Premium User

Have the first 3 on vinyl love them saw them many times including the old Rondun hotel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:04 pm 

i happened to be one of the fortunate few to attend the fun comes fast album release shindig at this ain't hollywood on james st north in the mighty hammer with a couple of close friends. the Head proved once again that they are the mightiest, tightest, baddest boys in rock n roll - bar none! steve is still the coolest bassist alive, dave should be knighted, crazy legs looked medicated, but proved without a doubt that no one even comes close; gibson slung low, never missed a note, hair flying, and LOUD!! an extremely special experience was when an ailing Jack Pedler sat at the kit and just nailed it - folks were in tears - he lead the intro for a couple of songs, and wanted to play all night. we were fortune enough to get together with the band post show, and they proved that they are still the boys next door. god bless them, the Head are world class - easily blowing the Clash, Ramones, Dolls, ANYONE! right off the stage. Makes me want to get a proper record cleaning machine and spruce up my original copys of the eponymous first album and frantic city. Nice day for a party, isn't it! oh, and we all must take a moment or three and remember, revere, and bow to the greatest front man in history - Francis Hannah Kerr, 1956-2008.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:52 pm 

solombre wrote:
i happened to be one of the fortunate few to attend the fun comes fast album release shindig at this ain't hollywood on james st north in the mighty hammer with a couple of close friends. the Head proved once again that they are the mightiest, tightest, baddest boys in rock n roll - bar none! steve is still the coolest bassist alive, dave should be knighted, crazy legs looked medicated, but proved without a doubt that no one even comes close; gibson slung low, never missed a note, hair flying, and LOUD!! an extremely special experience was when an ailing Jack Pedler sat at the kit and just nailed it - folks were in tears - he lead the intro for a couple of songs, and wanted to play all night. we were fortune enough to get together with the band post show, and they proved that they are still the boys next door. god bless them, the Head are world class - easily blowing the Clash, Ramones, Dolls, ANYONE! right off the stage. Makes me want to get a proper record cleaning machine and spruce up my original copys of the eponymous first album and frantic city. Nice day for a party, isn't it! oh, and we all must take a moment or three and remember, revere, and bow to the greatest front man in history - Francis Hannah Kerr, 1956-2008.

Lucky guy I always loved them and seen them play many times,only once without Frankie at the Loretto tavern but was still a great show

Cerwin Vega VS-150
Pioneer sg-90
Kenwood kd 5070

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:45 pm 
Premium User

I honestly think Frantic City is one of the most enduring albums from that era. Fantastic sound to boot. As enjoyable today as it was 40 years ago!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:23 am 

Tangram wrote:
I honestly think Frantic City is one of the most enduring albums from that era. Fantastic sound to boot. As enjoyable today as it was 40 years ago!

agreed, and it is sonically very good.

BBIC