Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:08 pm
Posts: 187
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
A few new records you should dig into. All have been recently released and worth listening to.

Bonobo - Migration
Kid Koala - Music To Draw To: Satellite - Featuring Emilíana Torrini
Tosca - Going, Going, Going
Thievery Corporation - The Temple of I & I


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:43 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Nabuma Rubberband - Little Dragon

Image

Interesting Swedish vocal pop/soul electronica


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:43 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Com Truise, Iteration - 2017
Image

Retro '80s synth-influenced, almost like a music score to a typical '80s teen flick. First listen I was like, "yeah right" but then it kinda grows on you... :shock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:26 pm 
Offline
Dealer/Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 1302
Location: Davidson, SK, CA
bleepedy bloops wrote:
Com Truise, Iteration - 2017
Image

Retro '80s synth-influenced, almost like a music score to a typical '80s teen flick. First listen I was like, yeah right but then it kinda grows on you... :shock:

Huge Com Truise fan here. A couple of his tracks off of Galactic Melt are go tos for me for gear/cable evaluations


Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

_________________
Davidson Home Audio Designs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:43 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Forbes_2 wrote:
bleepedy bloops wrote:
Com Truise, Iteration - 2017
Image

Retro '80s synth-influenced, almost like a music score to a typical '80s teen flick. First listen I was like, yeah right but then it kinda grows on you... :shock:

Huge Com Truise fan here. A couple of his tracks off of Galactic Melt are go tos for me for gear/cable evaluations


Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


Cool, I'm just starting to delve into his other stuff, thanks. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:50 pm 
Offline
Dealer/Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 1302
Location: Davidson, SK, CA
bleepedy bloops wrote:
Forbes_2 wrote:
bleepedy bloops wrote:
Com Truise, Iteration - 2017
Image

Retro '80s synth-influenced, almost like a music score to a typical '80s teen flick. First listen I was like, yeah right but then it kinda grows on you... :shock:

Huge Com Truise fan here. A couple of his tracks off of Galactic Melt are go tos for me for gear/cable evaluations


Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


Cool, I'm just starting to delve into his other stuff, thanks. :wink:

Flightwave and Hyperlips are the tracks I use

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

_________________
Davidson Home Audio Designs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:51 pm 
Offline
Dealer/Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 1302
Location: Davidson, SK, CA
I guess I should throw Carpenter Brut out here as well if I haven't yet...

https://youtu.be/DY1s9SmrQRE

He has a new live album coming very soon with a great cover of "Maniac"

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

_________________
Davidson Home Audio Designs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:43 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Earthen Sea:

An Act Of Love
Image

Mirage
Image

Ethereal stuff, some with mellow beats, others just distant soundscapey stuff...great for just vibing on the sofa. Highly recommended, five bloops on the bloop-o-meter

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Oh, and this too:

Image

:wink:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:43 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Håkan Lidbo

Expressions of Gravity (2016)

Image

Rithim Soisialta (2015)

Image


Last edited by bleepedy bloops on Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:06 pm 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:36 pm
Posts: 3644
Location: Vernon, BC, CA
SBTRKT is new to me and part of the rotation now. Found him through the Sampha association.

SBTRKT - SBTRKT (2011)

Image

SBTRKT - Wonder Where We Land (2014)

Image

Dan Snaith's work as Caribou on Swim and Our Love is some of my favorite Electronic music. Really enjoying his recent work under Daphni.

Daphni - Joli Mai (2017)


Last edited by James_W on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:18 pm 
Offline
Dealer/Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 1302
Location: Davidson, SK, CA
James_W wrote:
SBTRKT is new to me and part of the rotation now. Found him through the Sampha association.

SBTRKT - SBTRKT (2011)
SBTRKT - Wonder Where We Land (2014)

Dan Snaith's work as Caribou on Swim and Our Love is some of my favorite Electronic music. Really enjoying his recent work under Daphni.

Daphni - Joli Mai (2014)
Did you know there is a brand new Daphni album out?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

_________________
Davidson Home Audio Designs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:19 pm 
Offline
Premium User
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:36 pm
Posts: 3644
Location: Vernon, BC, CA
That is Joli Mai but like a dum dum I put 2014


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:21 pm 
Offline
Dealer/Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 1302
Location: Davidson, SK, CA
James_W wrote:
That is Joli Mai but like a dum dum I put 2014
Oh lol. I wasn't sure what the new one was called. I just streamed it quick last week, and have yet to sit down with it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

_________________
Davidson Home Audio Designs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group