Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:25 am 

Best find ever.

The ultra rare red Japan target CD of Led Zeppelin IV in a dusty music shop in Maui on our vacation in 2012. 3 bucks.

Got offered 900.00 USD when I got back to Canada.

Still have it :)

VP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:18 am 

only "Blues" fans would probably know
I was trying to complete my James Solberg collection and found a very rare copy of his first album on the eBay store which only sold to the US- so I contacted the seller and asked if he would list it on eBay so I could buy from here in Canada.
He was in the deep south-sent it to me free not even charging for shipping

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:43 am 

I get most of my shiny discs from The Beat Goes On; what I can't find there, I get from eBay.

eBay prices are often really cheap, but the shipping skews that for single purchases (I don't buy collections).

The Beat Goes On has a surprisingly good selection of CDs (not like record stores 10-15 years ago, but considering the state of affairs today). I purchased 8 classical CDs ranging from $4-$8 per piece, and was able to listen to 20 at the store and choose which ones to keep. It works for me.

This 2014 recording of the Seattle Symphony/Ludivic Marlot is a real gem:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:56 pm 

Went to Busters in Brampton, took in an old Archer amplifier (used it in the backyard for outdoor ) and they offered $5 for it. I said okay and asked if I could take some used cds also. Answer was yes, picked Dishwalla, Pet Your Friends and the soundtrack Armagedden. Also a hdcd in its wrap, pan jazz from Trinidad & Tobago, Reid, Wright and be Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:23 pm 

cyberflush wrote:
Went to Busters in Brampton, took in an old Archer amplifier (used it in the backyard for outdoor ) and they offered $5 for it. I said okay and asked if I could take some used cds also. Answer was yes, picked Dishwalla, Pet Your Friends and the soundtrack Armagedden. Also a hdcd in its wrap, pan jazz from Trinidad & Tobago, Reid, Wright and be Happy

The sally ann and other donation outlets sometimes have a whack of CD's that often look un played, opened but scratch free. I started checking those on my occasional rounds to the electronic sections.

Just to name a few of the better finds, all excellent condition $1 each
Led Zep lll
ACDC thunderstruck & Back In Black
Willy Nelson Hits
Iron Maiden Piece of Mind
Supertramp Crime of the century
Motley Crue decade of decadence

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:08 pm 

I picked up Fleetwood Mac's 3 disc set of Rumors. Live, studio takes, and the original Rumors for $1.00 t SA. Also got the DVD of "The Last Waltz" for $1.00. On a related note from the same SA. Picked up 40 mint jazz albums. Dave Brubeck, Manhattan Transfer, and a host of other greats for .25c each.
Going there again tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:19 pm 

I was in my favorite SA thrift store today and was pleasantly surprised to see they had added about 300 CDs' since last week. Nearly every Diana Krall, a whole bunch of Van Morrison albums and solo albums from Roger Daltrey, John Entwistle, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood. Don't know anything about those last 4 so I'm going to research those titles and may go back and get 'em in a few days.

At 50-cents per disc, it's hard to resist so I expand my buying priorities at little bit.

$8.00

Randy Newman ~ Good Old Boys
Mark Knopfler ~ Kill To Get Crimson
Rickie Lee Jones ~ Rickie Lee Jones
Rickie Lee Jones ~ Flying Cowboys
Alison Krauss ~ Forget About It
Dusty Springfield ~ Love Songs
Jean-Luc Ponty ~ Imaginary Voyage
Van Morrison ~ What's Wrong With This Picture?
Van Morrison ~ A Night In San Francisco (2-CD set)
Van Morrison ~ No Guru No Method No Teacher
Santana ~ The Best Of Santana
Warren Zevon ~ Warren Zevon
Warren Zevon ~ Preludes: Rare And Unreleased Recordings (2-CD set)
Tangerine Dream ~ Underwater Sunlight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:29 am 

While at Value Village today,I chanced upon this Living Stereo cd,wrapped for two bucks. From what I've figured out, it is a type of promo disc to help launch the issue/reissue of music from the Living Stereo catalog, circa 1993. Well recorded music and interesting dialogue totalling 55 minutes.
I found only one reference for it while doing a Google search, listing a price of around 70$, and that store had never sold one. Anyone know anything about it or even own one?

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 372.98 KiB | Viewed 990 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 380.53 KiB | Viewed 990 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:06 pm 

Eagles self titled cd, remastered, $5 at Walmart.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:40 pm 

Last week while browsing the Jazz CD collection at Beat Goes On, I noticed that there were a few that had a "FINYL" sticker on them. I commented to the clerk that an audiophile likely owned these and that 20 years ago, I was applying FINYL to my CD's also. That clerk said "Oh yeah, that guy brought his entire jazz collection in...there are a bunch of obscure titles in the bin over there for $2 each"

Needless to say, I bought all 72 of them......Chesky, Opus 3, Nagel Hayer, and a whack of Arbors Records.

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 487.08 KiB | Viewed 761 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:07 pm 

Rolling Stones Mono 15 Disc cd set. Release date September 30. Amazon U.K 104 pounds including shipping.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:38 am 

You guys are killing me with all these great deals from thrift stores and SA. We poor guys out in the sticks have no such stores and have to rely on internet sales. I just recently purchased 214 rock cd's for just over $500 from here on CAM, so that's roughly $2.50/cd. I could drive to Winnipeg to hunt for some cd's but spending $50 on gas kind of defeats the purpose. I am green with envy. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:21 am 

Albert wrote:
You guys are killing me with all these great deals from thrift stores and SA. We poor guys out in the sticks have no such stores and have to rely on internet sales. I just recently purchased 214 rock cd's for just over $500 from here on CAM, so that's roughly $2.50/cd. I could drive to Winnipeg to hunt for some cd's but spending $50 on gas kind of defeats the purpose. I am green with envy. :mrgreen:

Albert, you either live a long way from Winnipeg, or you need to get a more fuel efficient vehicle.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:41 am 

400 km round trip. The van burns 8l/100 km so it's closer to $40. Or $100 if I take the '65 Parklane. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:30 am 

For anybody who lives near or travels to Oakville, ON. PCV Records on Speers Road has a large number of CD's for $1 or $2. Needless to say I've brought home a lot of CD's lately. Lots of happy listening.

Check out My Streams: http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/userprofile.php?user_id=39933

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next