Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:09 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:09 pm
Posts: 2736
Location: Delta, BC, CA
http://www.vinylrecordfair.com/price-vi ... cing-vinyl

_________________
Those who live by their wits are obliged to live beyond their means.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:01 am
Posts: 309
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
gee i just thought everyone graded their vinyl as NM ?
even when it looks like its been used in an Ultimate Frisbee tournament. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:37 am
Posts: 968
Location: East Toronto, ON, CA
Many Thanks Mod, for a great site, it will certainly help both, the sellers and buyers alike.

Cheers


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:14 am
Posts: 1099
Location: Stoney Creek, ON, CA
Great info.

Thanks for sharing it.

_________________
"Adjust BIAS so that both meters indicate equal
signal levels.
If the upper meter shows a higher level than the
lower meter, turn BIAS clockwise.
If the lower meter shows a higher level than the
upper meter, turn BIAS counterclockwise"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:49 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 7615
Location: Burlington, ON, CA
Thanks, Angust.

_________________
"I'm not Inspector Gadget!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:55 pm
Posts: 1583
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Damn…that Double Fantasy album keeps going up and up. Last time I bid on it on ebay it was going for $25k! Should have grabbed it when i had the chance! :lol:

Great link – bookmarked! Thx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:31 am
Posts: 4
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Interesting link, I'll bookmark it :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:50 am
Posts: 875
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
shad40 wrote:
gee i just thought everyone graded their vinyl as NM ?
even when it looks like its been used in an Ultimate Frisbee tournament. :wink:


Truth. I once had a book seller tell me that an obviously worn book was "mint" because it wasn't missing any pages.

:shock:

Now that was setting the bar low.

:?

_________________
Timeless elegance!

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:48 pm
Posts: 364
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Use discogs.com

_________________
Turntable: VPI ScoutMaster Sig, Cart: Dynavector 20*2L, Phono: Audia Flight
DACs: Lampizator GA, Mac D100
Preamps: Mac C500T, MX121
Amps: Mac MC7270, MX205
Headphone amps: Glenn 300B, Woo WA22
Speakers: B&W 805S, B&W 804S
Phones: LCD-3F


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:37 pm
Posts: 2405
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
sthomas1049 wrote:
Damn…that Double Fantasy album keeps going up and up. Last time I bid on it on ebay it was going for $25k! Should have grabbed it when i had the chance! :lol:

Great link – bookmarked! Thx


It's half off now because of Side 2 - featuring Yoko Oh NO! on most of the tracks- which is why I don't own Double Fantasy It's more like a single fantasy at best


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:48 pm 
Offline
Dealer/Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:49 am
Posts: 385
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
I've found this guide very useful for determining the provenance of records. They've basically compiled a database of inner label designs over the years so you can determine when and where a record is from, exactly. If you're not certain you've got a first edition on your hands, check the inner label!

http://www.vinylbeat.com/label-index.html

_________________
Planet of Sound
1020 Queen St. W., Toronto | 1194 Bank St., Ottawa


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:38 pm
Posts: 1150
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
I stumbled onto that site a while back looking for sales.

planetofsound wrote:
I've found this guide very useful for determining the provenance of records. They've basically compiled a database of inner label designs over the years so you can determine when and where a record is from, exactly. If you're not certain you've got a first edition on your hands, check the inner label!

http://www.vinylbeat.com/label-index.html

Thanks. I couldn't find this for the longest time.

_________________
1963 Fender Precision Bass
Ampeg SVT and Ampeg 8x10 cabinet


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:53 am
Posts: 3
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Great info, thanks for sharing it!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:33 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Aside from the links above, are there any others?
Such as for classical music? (Vinyl beat is only pop music.)
Discogs is good but does not have some of the CDs I have and want to sell.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 4718
Location: Dodge City, NB, CA
Musicware4u wrote:
sthomas1049 wrote:
Damn…that Double Fantasy album keeps going up and up. Last time I bid on it on ebay it was going for $25k! Should have grabbed it when i had the chance! :lol:

Great link – bookmarked! Thx


It's half off now because of Side 2 - featuring Yoko Oh NO! on most of the tracks- which is why I don't own Double Fantasy It's more like a single fantasy at best

This was why back in the day I loved my reel to reel and cassette deck. You could eliminate Yoko!. :lol:

_________________
No matter how hard you try, you can't cure stupid.
Unknown


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group