Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

The Cables forum is intended for those who believe cables make a difference in how their systems sound. If you do not believe in cables please do not post in any threads that are discussing specific cables or asking for help with cables, and limit your participation to threads where the OP intends to debate about cables. Posts which are argumentative, offensive, or break our rules may be deleted. Repeat offenders will be banned from posting in this forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:00 pm 

FORUM RULES

Due to the increased popularity of the forums, and by popular request, we have compiled a more detailed list of rules for use of the CAM forums. These rules are firm, but fair, and serve to make CAM more enjoyable for everyone Smile.

1. All posts must be relevant in subject matter to the subject matter of their respective forum areas.
2. Posts with the following content or characteristics will be removed:

1. Excessive use of copyrighted or trademarked material from outside of CanuckAudioMart. You can quote things for the purpose of illustration as long as you credit the original site or source. Do not quote entire magazine articles, just the portions relevant to your discussion!
2. Defamatory statements in the absence of proof
3. Derogatory personal remarks
4. Offensive language, flames, and spam.
5. Duplicate posts. Please use the edit post feature!

3. Please do not post under multiple aliases. We're a community here and as a community its nice to know who we're talking to.
4. If you abuse the rules, you can be disciplined under the “three strike” warning system, wherein you can be banned from the forum upon the receipt of the third official warning from a moderator.
5. Do not participate in escalating conflicts... just walk away. If the situation warrants, both users in an escalating conflict with each other will be given a “time out” period up to 7 days.

Last edited by tescosamoa on Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:16 pm 

The past few days these rules have been broken many a time in the cables and accessories forums.

This is a warning to everyone who has been involved in the recent threads in this Cables and Accessories Area.

The admin and I will be reviewing the threads and contacting privately those who are in breach of these rules and issuing a warning.

In future please follow these rules.

I am becoming concerend about the Cables and Accessories Area.

There are two types of forums on the internet.

Type 1. Which is the majority of the Internet. Forums are hostile areas where people are put down and insulted for posting their thoughts. Threads are full of Bait and Troll tactics. New members do not post due to fear of attacks and long standing members leave due to the hostile posting enviroment. Conversations do not grow into dicussions as they are killed at the get go.

Type 2. Which is few and far between. People post their ideas and dicuss the merits and flaws of the ideas. People help people with dicissions and offer advice freely and try to help out those who are new to the site.

Canuck Audio Mart will not become the Type 1 site. We have a good beginning here where newbies, audiophiles and those in the industry can post and offer advice. We do not want to ruin this forum nor do we want to scare off new members. For a large active membership benifits all of us.

Please take the time to read and understand the rules. Any questions please ask.

Failure to follow the rules will result in warnings and the protential to be banned from this forum. It will also result in edited messages by a moderator or admin and locked threads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:55 am 

As a new member I was really thrilled to find What could be a great Canadian eh site (form). But was prepared to walk away as things can get to hot at times. I am passionate about this hobby of ours as it can have a great calming affect after a stressful day, but that wasn't happening resently. Would like to Thank Admin. + Tescosamoa for stepping in. As things got hot if I offended anyone my apologies. Lets focus more on sharing this wonderful pass time of ours. Ken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:38 am 

Well said "Mr. New Member". Thanks for sharing the perspective of the newer members to the site.

I'm not necessarily a new member, but feel the same way as you do.

I dare say there are many other "established members" that are less than impressed with the mood of the forum of late.

Chris

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]