Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

The Cables forum is intended for those who believe cables make a difference in how their systems sound. If you do not believe in cables please do not post in any threads that are discussing specific cables or asking for help with cables, and limit your participation to threads where the OP intends to debate about cables. Posts which are argumentative, offensive, or break our rules may be deleted. Repeat offenders will be banned from posting in this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:47 am 

Has anyone directly compared Symposium roller blocks vs stillpoints under a component? I would be interested in your findings. I use the series 2 rollerblocks but have been curious about the stillpoints.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:48 pm 

Which model of Stillpoints? I like the Roller Balls over the original Stillpoints cones, but the latest generation Stillpoints are excellent. As with any isolation footer, performance will be based on the specific situation.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:40 pm 

I've used the Rollerblocks series 2 with steel and tungsten balls. These are really good but can be unstable with certain components (where weight is not evenly distributed) or heavy power cables.

The Stillpoints Ultra SS are slightly better than the Rollerblocks because they're stable and height adjustable. I continue to use the Symposium shelves and some Stillpoints.

However, most of my footers are from AmCan. In my system, the large Amcan copper footers are slightly better than the Ultra SS (lower noise). The bonus is that the AmCan they're less expensive (very well-made) and come with 100% money-back guarantee.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:03 pm 

MOON wrote:
Has anyone directly compared Symposium roller blocks vs stillpoints under a component? I would be interested in your findings. I use the series 2 rollerblocks but have been curious about the stillpoints.

Which particular Stillpoints model you have in mind as the price and performance gain is very large between each model.

Watch out for fake Stillpoints products out there if you are buying used.