Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:52 am 

quote=ht_addict wrote:
Really? At $1400US a cable? Come one. At those prices the original poster should take the money and put it towards a better amp, processor, room acoustics, etc. When I had my Anthem AVM503D hooked my MCA50, I ran ICAN Pro Audio XLR, I bought at Canada Computers. Think they ran me like $16/pr. They were 22AWG silver coated cooper with gold plated connectors. 100% EMI/RFI shielded. The sound was amazing to my ears. And you could put your ears up to the tweeter in my speakers and not hear a single hiss coming from them. Pretty sure your not going to hear much difference with a $1400+ cable.

Hi ht_addict, while I fully endorse your clear headed and logical approach to selecting cables, I must caution you that it is bad form for skeptics to interrupt a thread dedicated to the the world of boutique cables. I hope to hear more from you in more appropriate threads.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:25 am 

Audio_Guy wrote:
quote=ht_addict wrote:
Really? At $1400US a cable? Come one. At those prices the original poster should take the money and put it towards a better amp, processor, room acoustics, etc. When I had my Anthem AVM503D hooked my MCA50, I ran ICAN Pro Audio XLR, I bought at Canada Computers. Think they ran me like $16/pr. They were 22AWG silver coated cooper with gold plated connectors. 100% EMI/RFI shielded. The sound was amazing to my ears. And you could put your ears up to the tweeter in my speakers and not hear a single hiss coming from them. Pretty sure your not going to hear much difference with a $1400+ cable.

Hi ht_addict, while I fully endorse your clear headed and logical approach to selecting cables, I must caution you that it is bad form for skeptics to interrupt a thread dedicated to the the world of boutique cables. I hope to hear more from you in more appropriate threads.

Hi Audio_Guy, sorry but I'm not interrupting anything, just giving my opinion just like you gave yours and I quote, "If "Biggest Bang" means "best music quality for your budget" you will also have to consider the ICs I judged to have the very best engineering and quality control at a price which will leave money left over. Check out the links below."

I was just a little more direct in saying that Clear Beyond Cables are a little excessive. Then again if he has the deep pockets to get them, then good for him.