Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:55 am 

I'm totally a cable believer- I believe you need cables to connect your equipment. If you had two cables, and one sounded better, then one of those cables is wrong. If you had ten cables, and one sounded better, then nine of those cables is wrong. if you had 100 cables... My point is that the one cable that sounds "better" is actually wrong, and introducing a capacitive reactance or inductance that is altering the sound artificially compared to a neutral cable. In conclusion, it's crapola.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:37 am 

Not to debate, but I find it difficult to understand why the better sounding cable is actually wrong? If a cable(s) alters the sound to one’s liking then I see that as a bonus - regardless of what it introduces to the signal...be it neutral or not.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:50 am 

sthomas1049 wrote:
Not to debate, but I find it difficult to understand why the better sounding cable is actually wrong? If a cable(s) alters the sound to one’s liking then I see that as a bonus - regardless of what it introduces to the signal...be it neutral or not.

I agree, in a perfect world all cables would be completely transparent and your system would be set up using perfectly matched components in a properly treated room. However if you've got it real, real close I see nothing wrong with making final tweeks using cables to get the results your chasing.

I know this is not the "purest" way but I'm more about loving the sound of my system than worrying about whether or not the signal is 100% unchanged from start to finish which is a pipe dream anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:10 am 

i am sorry i did not intend this to be a debate about cables...just an info finder about a company...that was relatively unknown to me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:29 am 

ie_ie wrote:
i am sorry i did not intend this to be a debate about cables...just an info finder about a company...that was relatively unknown to me

They can't help themselves lol! In any case, I haven't tried their digital cables but I do like the power cord I have. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:21 am 

Virtual Dynamics (now defunked) used metal filings in their cables.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:25 pm 

I'm also interested if anyone has an experience with these guys. They have some interesting products, but there is very little background, or history.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:34 pm 

mac10 wrote:
Funny but when I read Takira71A I post I assumed he was asking for people who had any knowledge or experience with DR cables. Personally I don't understand how anyone would misinterpret the question. Then again, Murphy's law, no mater how well you think you explained sometime, someone doesn't or didn't understand it. I have read about DR and I think I've seen them at the audio show or perhaps online but, I have no practical experience with them.

Actually Takira71A was the guy who posted a number of cryptic comments. Added zero value. I bet he is just trying to get his post volume higher. Meh.

For me, I am interested in everyone's experiences with cables. As I have recently upgraded both my speaker cables and interconnects and heard the difference I am looking at power cables as well. No posturing, no opinions as to whether cables are worth it or not; just people's experience with the company and their products....I guess I have that in common with most every poster on this thread except one. :roll: