Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:16 am 

Hello CAM;

I'm looking at my system(s) as a whole and have determined that my digital & analog interconnects could use some upgrading. I'm curious about the interconnects offered by the CHORD Company (UK).

Does anyone have experience with their products? Any love for the CHORD Company on this side of the pond?

Thanks,

Audiois1st

Check out My Components: http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/userprofile.php?user_id=39933

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:39 am 

You can pick up some CHORD Cable products from the Cable Co in the US. Their sound signature is fast (timing), detailed and neutral and they do get better as you move up the range. It's tough to make universal recommendations but if these characteristics are what you need then look no further.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:07 am 

I guess there is no love for the CHORD Company on this side of the pond. No one have experience with their products?

Check out My Components: http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/userprofile.php?user_id=39933

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:26 am 

I have only heard of Chord as Totem Acoustics sells a Tress speaker wire which is same/similar as Chord's Rumor line.

Since I have Totem Arros I've thought about trying them as well but it seems really hard to get ahold of them. Use Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables now so I don't know if there much use in experimenting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:30 pm 

I had the CHORD RUMOUR and then the CHORD ODYSSEY speaker cables in a prior system

These are high quality silver plated braided OCC models: the ODYSSEY was a double thickness model based on the RUMOUR. They were a fine performer with an all-ARCAM FMJ system in my direct ownership experience.

The CHORD SIGNATURE ICs and speaker cables were their top end models usually found in higher-end systems ....very fine performers and a lot more money.

I had the RUMOURS first and then the ODYSSEYs driving TOTEM ARROS and FORESTS that were eventually superseded by TOTEM TRESS speaker cables, only because the latter were the internal wiring on the actual speakers. The TRESS are built as proxies or clones of the RUMOUR .... the ODYSSEY are sequentially better IMO. I found the TRESS to be proxies of the RUMOUR. I eventually migrated to ATLAS ASCENT as proxies and a better contender and performer than the ODYSSEY in MY system (emphasis added ).

In brief, -- as with any cables --, their performance and resulting preference is entirely directly dependent on the actual paired system .... There is no "one size fits all" process or solution - full stop. The upper model ATLAS cable model line is a close competitor for their peer group in the CHORD stable .

FWIW....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:28 pm 

I can recommend the Chord line of cables. They are highly recommended here in the Okanagan. I have used the Odyssey biwire speaker cables in my system and while the speakers and amplifiers have changed the wires have always delivered what I want which is speed and fine detail. The speakers I have used with success with the Chords are PSB Imagine towers, Sonus Faber Cremona Ms and now a pair of Northcreek Kitty Kats. I also use Chord Signature cables on my Dac/Cd player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:13 pm 

I am currently using the Chord Company Carnival Silverscreen speaker cable. It has been on the market in the UK for quite awhile, and the latest review update is from 2012 from What Hi-fi here:

https://www.whathifi.com/chord-company/ ... een/review

At first, I thought that the name "siver screen" indicated a home theatre application, but no, it is to describe the shielded construction. of the cable. This cable looks very classy in it's silver jacket, and has very sturdy and nice terminations.

In fact, it could be mistaken on looks to the very expensive Nordost Valhalla, without the price of airplane tickets for two to Paris.

Valhalla:

http://www.sorasound.com/wp-content/upl ... og-RCA.jpg

Chord:

http://www.audiocentre.co.id/product/18 ... Screen.JPG

I settled on this cable after trying a few, all of the other ones were more expensive, including Audioquest who is a real pain to sort out in trying to make sense of all their different offerings, and to make things worse, in a 20' per side installation! It does add up in price.

The Chords are connected to Verity Audio speakers, and those boxes are ruthless in exposing cable shortcomings. And nothing negatively major came up, basically a very nice yet neutral sound.

I might upgrade the Chords one day, although I really have no complaints, and if I do, I will probably start with looking into Chord again, they are truly excellent for the money.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:54 am 

milag;

I'm also currently using Carnival Silverscreen speaker wire with my B&W 804 D2's. That's why I'm investigating upgrading my IC's to CHORD C-Line audio cables.

Audiois1st

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:09 am 

Im wondering if i change my two sets of takefiveaudio belden/vampire used on my tt for two sets of Chord C line. Anyone tryed the c line serie? Thanks