Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

The Cables forum is intended for those who believe cables make a difference in how their systems sound. If you do not believe in cables please do not post in any threads that are discussing specific cables or asking for help with cables, and limit your participation to threads where the OP intends to debate about cables. Posts which are argumentative, offensive, or break our rules may be deleted. Repeat offenders will be banned from posting in this forum.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:28 pm 

I also have Furutech gtx gold and rhodium receptacles. I opted for Oyaide base plates and carbon fibre covers as I found a good deal on a used pair of them. I found an improvement in low level detail in replacing the crappie ones that came with the house. They fell apart in my hands so I am glad I replaced them.

I liked the new receptacles so much I installed them in my Cullen power box as well as 5 of them in my Consonance dLinear 15 power filter. I am happy with them and don't feel the need to upgrade any further. If I were doing this again I would most likely try the ncf ones.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:29 pm 
Premium User

Finished installing two of the FURUTECH GTX-D NCF (R) RECEPTACLES early this evening...each one is on a dedicated line.

Have been listening to music for 3 hours...but it was evident in the first 5 seconds that there had been a significant improvement...there is simply 'more' of the music...the 3 dimensionality is broader and fuller and the soundstage is larger...the tonality completely changed...much more foundation to the music...and I'm told that it will only continue to improve as time goes by.

There is no question in my mind that I will complete the project by buying a 3rd one to put on the remaining dedicated line.

Highly recommended. 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:35 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Funny that you mention you heard it in the first 5 seconds. It was that immediate for me as well.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:08 am 

every time i have upgraded my AC path i have been rewarded.
many tweeks are inexpensive.
it started 20 years ago after reading an UHF article, their kitchen kettle boiled significantly quicker after changing cord end to hubbell.

experiment #1.... hubblell hospital grade (red with green dot) in wall. no other change.
result:...richer bottom end and less noise.
cost: $25. and 15 minutes.

today i G5 and Stabilant 22A everything in the AC path, starting at the breaker.
GTX in the wall today... NCF eventually when i do another dedicated line.
GTX bought from fellow cammer who was upgrading, said i would like it,
yes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:08 pm 
Premium User

Here's an interesting thing that has happened since installing the FURUTECH GTX-D NCF (R) RECEPTACLES.

I have a pair of monoblocks that use the KR842VHD tube...and I do the biasing myself.

Prior to putting the new receptacles in my plate voltage would swing anywhere from 873mV to 920mV...now the swing is 894mV to 905mV!!!

Anybody know as to why that might be?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:17 pm 

What kind of receptacles were you using before the Furutechs Alan?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:19 pm 
Premium User

Just the ones already installed in the wall...more than likely cheapo ones from Canadian Tire or Home Depot.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:39 pm 

Well that is a pretty significant jump up in the receptacle food chain :lol:

Builder grade receptacles are pretty crappy. The contacts on the Furutech are going to be much beefier with much better grip and, if I'm not mistaken, either 100% copper (never quite sure how they have achieved this) or with a significantly higher copper content than the builders grade.

UHF Magazine, many years ago, used to promote the sale of some better quality receptacles by making note of how a kettle would boil noticeably faster using the higher quality receptacle than standard builders grade stuff.

So the narrowing of the voltage swing may just be a result of the improved receptacle doing its job better, although you would want to look at that over a fairly lengthy period of time to be sure it is simply not a matter of what is coming out of the wall right now vs. other times (which can vary from hour to hour or minute to minute during the day).

Furutech also, very smartly IMO, cryogenically treats pretty much everything they sell. This results in lower resistance in many cases vs. a non-cryoed version of the same item, and in virtually all cases IME will result in improved performance, whether it relates to power or actual signal transfer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:41 pm 
Premium User

Blake wrote:
Well that is a pretty significant jump up in the receptacle food chain :lol:

Builder grade receptacles are pretty crappy. The contacts on the Furutech are going to be much beefier with much better grip and, if I'm not mistaken, either 100% copper (never quite sure how they have achieved this) or with a significantly higher copper content than the builders grade.

UHF Magazine, many years ago, used to promote the sale of some better quality receptacles by making note of how a kettle would boil noticeably faster using the higher quality receptacle than standard builders grade stuff.

So the narrowing of the voltage swing may just be a result of the improved receptacle doing its job better, although you would want to look at that over a fairly lengthy period of time to be sure it is simply not a matter of what is coming out of the wall right now vs. other times (which can vary from hour to hour or minute to minute during the day).

Furutech also, very smartly IMO, cryogenically treats pretty much everything they sell. This results in lower resistance in many cases vs. a non-cryoed version of the same item, and in virtually all cases IME will result in improved performance, whether it relates to power or actual signal transfer.

Works for me...thanks!