Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

The Cables forum is intended for those who believe cables make a difference in how their systems sound. If you do not believe in cables please do not post in any threads that are discussing specific cables or asking for help with cables, and limit your participation to threads where the OP intends to debate about cables. Posts which are argumentative, offensive, or break our rules may be deleted. Repeat offenders will be banned from posting in this forum.

Post subject: Something to share
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:07 am 

:D If any of you have read the recent review of Blue Circles's "Puck" recently you'll probably be interested in this finding. No I didn't buy a puck but I intended to. I Was going to put my Audio Sensibility Power distribution box on a puck because for a $225 Cdn it seemed like a cheap and easy thing to try. Soooo, I chatted with Rene at Mystic Audio who knows a lot about the BC stuff as he is a dealer I've bought from before. Now, he suggested I try the 6X Sillycone filter as for a little bit more it is a lot more potent. So, I did. I have several cds tat can show an edge on vocals which always annoyed me as the system is more forgiving than hyper detailed[which is to my liking]. Everyone has their own likings, right? :) In particular I'm thinking of Patty Griffin, "Impossible Dream, " several songs put her voice forward in the mix and has a slight edge. The same on Heartworn Highway L.A. Freeway by the late great Guy Clark. The mike can barely handle it. The 6x was put into the first unused outlet on power box next to the dedicated line and left alone for about an hour when I played Patty. It was immediately improved, But, I could still detect a slight edge on her voice on several songs. I waited awhile again and replayed the same album just for chuckles. Well, I have to say her voice had lost that edge but even more importantly, the whole presentation while much quieter, also was relaxed and just enticing. I played Heartworn and it was again transformed. Yesterday I play Madeleine Peyroux "Secular Hymns". It was the best I've ever hear her. This last recording was done in a Norman church in England with Madeleine,John Herington and Barak Mori, Just excellent! I must give a shout out to Rene at Mystic Audio who steered me onto this 6X. So that's why I didn't buy a "Puck". :lol: YMMV.

-- 09 Apr 2017 14:17 --

:oops: The Puck is $115, sorry about that: Guess I need another coffee!

Post subject: Re: Something to share
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:20 am 

Place some tissue or a sheet over the speaker to remove some edge... :)

Just buggin.

Nice to hear it helped.

Post subject: Re: Something to share
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:50 am 

:D Buggin accepted. I know this is so subjective. you have to literally try this to realize how effective the 6X is [at least in my system]. I run the Cambridge Aero 6's with BMR drivers. People either love or hate these drivers. Or simply dismiss them. Fine. To each his own. But I lived a long time with ribbons and not only I but two of my friends were shocked at how well they played in my system in comparison to a speaker that sold for $2499 in 93 with 30" ribbons....There was simply a better midrange flow in my system with BMR . Again everything is system dependent and nothing is a definite. Or we would all have the very same system....There are many roads to sonic nirvana. What a wonderful hobby. And fun indeed! Listening to Champion et ses G-Strings Live Montreal on dvd 2007. What a awesome performance. cheers, and happy listening.