Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:44 am 

I wonder if my amplifiers case acts as a rectangular cavity resonator?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:50 pm 
Dealer/Sponsor

Quote:
The Bybee filter is in the material the circular core wrapped around the resistor is made of.
The resistor is there to convert the current into a small voltage for the filter to work on.
The resistor's actual material is unimportant to the action of the circular core.

...Now you're getting it......(part of it anyway)

Those who just saw a resistor and then made rudeness toward jack, really had no idea..... and it is not my place to explain it. All I could do is defend Jack's product as being 'legitimate'. And those who like them like them and those who don't, don't. but the product is real and works as it should, whatever that should may be..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:19 pm 

If this is true, how do microwaves affect home audio?
Namely that 1 to say 100GHz range?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:13 pm 

Absolutely, especially if it's over wifi...only because wifi operates in the same range...NOT the audible range.

I hear a humid room can really tame the highs :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:39 am 

BinkyTheCat wrote:

Which is also well beyond the frequency response of the amplifier......

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:28 pm 

Teo Audio wrote:
Quote:
The Bybee filter is in the material the circular core wrapped around the resistor is made of.
The resistor is there to convert the current into a small voltage for the filter to work on.
The resistor's actual material is unimportant to the action of the circular core.

Those who just saw a resistor and then made rudeness toward jack, really had no idea..... and it is not my place to explain it. All I could do is defend Jack's product as being 'legitimate'. And those who like them like them and those who don't, don't. but the product is real and works as it should, whatever that should may be..

But if we don't know what "that should may be.." how do we know it is working?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:20 am 
Dealer/Sponsor

analogluvr wrote:
Teo Audio wrote:
Quote:

By using your ears, of course. Vote with your ears. and buy or not buy. Since we each have different hearing abilities, qualities and overall intelligence (ear-q and iq), ie complex neurological parameters, etc... we cannot use electrical measurements to decide what is real to the ear and what is not.

That argument does not apply to many or most other similar markets, and neither would those market adherents want to be involved in making the measurements somehow be the arbiter of the given market.

Bass fishing boats, make-up, clothing, carpet choices, alcohol....you name it. Our hearing is still outside of the capacity of measurements to define, likened to that of the brain itself, tied to the brain and tied to the physicality of the ear-brain... all still totally outside of the realm of science to measure and define.

these are known realities.

Thus no instruments that measure electrical scenarios, nor the minds and brains tied to them..... as defining the reality of what to buy or what to not buy... can even, for a single second, stand in the place of of a potential listening or buying decision.

Pure simple straightforward logic based on the realities we know.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:53 am 

BinkyTheCat wrote:

Exactly...
--
Threads like this, remind me of course... Why we do NOT want our Audio Equipment and System Cables passing 'Signals' -- In the Gigahertz Range.

http://www.teoaudio.com/technical/
... Teo Audio cables have such huge bandwidth, into the gigahertz range...

Last edited by Takira71A on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:08 am 

If you can hear it you can measure it.

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:27 am 

Teo Audio wrote:
analogluvr wrote:

By using your ears, of course. Vote with your ears. and buy or not buy. Since we each have different hearing abilities, qualities and overall intelligence (ear-q and iq), ie complex neurological parameters, etc... we cannot use electrical measurements to decide what is real to the ear and what is not.

That argument does not apply to many or most other similar markets, and neither would those market adherents want to be involved in making the measurements somehow be the arbiter of the given market.

Bass fishing boats, make-up, clothing, carpet choices, alcohol....you name it. Our hearing is still outside of the capacity of measurements to define, likened to that of the brain itself, tied to the brain and tied to the physicality of the ear-brain... all still totally outside of the realm of science to measure and define.

these are known realities.

Thus no instruments that measure electrical scenarios, nor the minds and brains tied to them..... as defining the reality of what to buy or what to not buy... can even, for a single second, stand in the place of of a potential listening or buying decision.

Pure simple straightforward logic based on the realities we know.
[/quote]
But it's also a known reality that trying to make decisions based on using our ears, is extremely fallible. Unless you are doing it completely blind, which the proponents of "using your ears " are always completely against.

What's a guy to do?!

And what I to try to do, and my advice to others would be, to always consider the source. Obviously TEO Audio and Mr. bybee have some skin in the game and could potentially profit from Urging others to only "use their ears ". I'm sorry if they may find that offensive, but such is the reality.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:35 am 

sasquatch wrote:
If you can hear it you can measure it...

Correct.
That of course, is why many Manufacturers do not back up their Products -- With any 'Technical' Measurements.
If you look at their Websites, they are usually full of 'Nothing More'... Than a bunch of 'Gobbledy-gook'.

Gobbledygook (Oxford Dictionary).
Language that is meaningless or that which is made unintelligible by the excessive use of obscure technical terms and nonsense.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:20 am 

Snake oil sold by charlatans to dupes, been happening for centuries and still being perpetuated today by hi-end wire companies and others such as this guy. The more obtuse and jargon-laden the advertising literature the more you can be assured it's BS.

I commend the above author for his reasonable & clear thoughts - we must stamp out these charlatans - as they only degrade our loved hobby.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:05 pm 

So let's recap; we have first hand user reports of people with positive results from using the products and on the other side we have people with no first hand experience that feel compelled to post their useless comments?
Why is this such a common theme in topics like this? What would be in someone's head to post a negative comment about something they have zero experience with? Don't they realize their post(s) have zero relevance? I'm sure the same people would never consider posting on a thread about Martin Logan speakers, for example, saying how Martin Logan speakers are overpriced snake oil, yet they have zero first hand experience with Martin Logan speakers. Yet threads like this they're more than happy to jump right in, first hand experience be damned.
I guess on the other hand we should all be glad we have so many people looking out for their fellow man.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:23 pm 

analogluvr wrote:
And what I to try to do, and my advice to others would be, to always consider the source. Obviously TEO Audio and Mr. bybee have some skin in the game and could potentially profit from Urging others to only "use their ears ". I'm sorry if they may find that offensive, but such is the reality.

Great post.

A physical change to the sound means that something has physically changed in the signal -- the truth of that is inescapable. No physical change to the signal means no physical change to the sound. Which means that the physical change can be measured. Where's that measurement? How hard could it be to produce it? Oh right.... quantum. I guess that's ok that they don't produce a measurement then... :roll:

Lasker98, I've heard both with and without. I certainly could not tell a difference.

Here is a similar example: People opine about "digital" sounding DACs and label all DACs as being flawed in the exact same way. When they hear any DAC, is there any surprise that they hear what they are expecting? Is that what is going on here too?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:32 pm 

There are forums where this kind of talk is banned. Let's be grateful that CAM is the kind of place where hobbyists can discuss what may be the uncomfortable truth.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next