Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

The Cables forum is intended for those who believe cables make a difference in how their systems sound. If you do not believe in cables please do not post in any threads that are discussing specific cables or asking for help with cables, and limit your participation to threads where the OP intends to debate about cables. Posts which are argumentative, offensive, or break our rules may be deleted. Repeat offenders will be banned from posting in this forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:16 pm 

I am very eager to learn more about new developments in audio the using the relatively new field of applied quantum physics. We are very lucky to have CAM members who take the time to share their knowledge in this subject. While engineering teams around the world are still struggling to develop applications for this new technology, we can purchase new and exciting products like interconnects that harness the awesome power of Quantum Physics today!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:17 am 

BinkyTheCat wrote:
Some test results were posted here...dated but some factual evidence is eventually given.

happy reading!

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everythi ... lysis.html

Great link. They put the device through some pretty rigourous testing and found no measurable difference whatsoever. conclusion is it's merely placebo effect

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:28 am 

Quote:
Does anyone know if these magic crystals lose their mojo over time?

Quote:
They put the device through some pretty rigourous testing and found no measurable difference whatsoever.

So to summarize 10 pages here and 151 on DIY .......... It never had any MOJO in the first place! What a surprise!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:29 am 

analogluvr wrote:
BinkyTheCat wrote:
Some test results were posted here...dated but some factual evidence is eventually given.

happy reading!

Great link. They put the device through some pretty rigourous testing and found no measurable difference whatsoever. conclusion is it's merely placebo effect

Nice to see the notion of placebo getting some traction in this hobby. As if audiophiles were immune!bbbbb :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:55 am 

analogluvr wrote:
BinkyTheCat wrote:

happy reading!

Just playing devil's advocate here, but what if he was testing for the wrong thing? Has there been a test devised yet that measures synergy?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:35 am 

ripblade wrote:
analogluvr wrote:
BinkyTheCat wrote:

happy reading!

Just playing devil's advocate here, but what if he was testing for the wrong thing? Has there been a test devised yet that measures synergy?

Then considering that line of thought, the introduction of these devices could in theory have drastic negative effects?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:45 am 

BinkyTheCat wrote:
Then considering that line of thought, the introduction of these devices could in theory have drastic negative effects?
Well, there's the obvious reduction in DF that I mentioned earlier. For some, the softening of micro-details, increase in THD and rounding of bass dynamics this would lead to might be considered an improvement. I wouldn't call that drastic, but maybe you're inferring something else...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:20 am 

ripblade wrote:
analogluvr wrote:
BinkyTheCat wrote:

happy reading!

ripblade, I expect you know that such things in audio forums are not well defined. At least not as well as IRC. Foo vendors love these type of terms.
Wikipedia wrote:
Synergy is the creation of a whole that is greater than the simple sum of its parts. The term synergy comes from the Attic Greek word συνεργία synergia from synergos, συνεργός, meaning "working together".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:04 am 

ripblade wrote:
analogluvr wrote:
BinkyTheCat wrote:

happy reading!

It's no longer synergy when all connected devices are connected to the bybee. It becomes a property of the bybee.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:48 pm 

And just like "trusting your ears" with cables:

When the reports of their sonic benefits stretch from none to massive and appear totally random in nature, the devices themselves become disqualified from being a factor.

That's statistics. No trend => no effect.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:10 pm 

So...10 pages and only 3 people that have the Bybee products.

I had PM'd Corby a couple of years ago about these and his description made me want them (speaker bullets) price never did get reasonable enough for me to spend, I still consider it my loss based on Corby's reputation (I will never have anything that good)

I wish Parts Connexion would offer a few of these for a pass around. (That seemed to happen a lot in days of yore on CAM and allowed us to hear with our own ears on our own equipment)

Does anybody in this thread do enough business with Parts Connexion to arrange that? Members keep them for a few days and pass them on, heck, maybe even offer a small discount off purchase price (or free shipping, since we at CAM love free shipping) during the pass around period?

Sorry, just wanna learn and listen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:55 pm 

lasker98 wrote:
So let's recap; we have first hand user reports of people with positive results from using the products and on the other side we have people with no first hand experience that feel compelled to post their useless comments?
Why is this such a common theme in topics like this? What would be in someone's head to post a negative comment about something they have zero experience with? Don't they realize their post(s) have zero relevance? I'm sure the same people would never consider posting on a thread about Martin Logan speakers, for example, saying how Martin Logan speakers are overpriced snake oil, yet they have zero first hand experience with Martin Logan speakers. Yet threads like this they're more than happy to jump right in, first hand experience be damned.
I guess on the other hand we should all be glad we have so many people looking out for their fellow man.

Don't let them get you down. Unfortunately, there are too many trolls who feel free to comment on products that they don't own or have never heard. The same silly argument (can't trust your ears, tweaks are snake oil, cables don't matter, etc) are repeated endlessly on sites like Audiogon, CAM, and Audio Asylum. It's best to ignore them because they have no curiosity or willingness to learn. They rather argue endlessly rather than listen to music. Thanks for Corby, Keshiri, Lawrence13 for sharing your experience. I've ordered a pair of iQSE and will see if they work or not.

Corby: I would love to hear your system! I've had the good fortune to hear some amazing systems in my neighborhood (eg. Martin Logan Neolith, Dynaudio Evidence, Brinkman).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:42 pm 

its funny how those with anything to say other than praise are referred to as trolls.

without re-reading 10 pages of _____ I will restate my findings.

purifiers in question were from a ref 3a component.

positive "purifier" ohmed out at 0.2 , showed no capacitance

neg side showed a capacitance of 0.3 nF but infinite resistance (its an open circuit so no surprise)

am I going to say a sonic miracle? no but they did alter sonics slightly...but again no surprise as we are altering the original circuit.

be it better or worse is in the ears of the listener....

if you weren't including my comments in the "troll" category I apologize. if you were then understand I did get a little touchy feely with these so I take a bit of offense.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:20 pm 

BinkyTheCat wrote:
its funny how those with anything to say other than praise are referred to as trolls.

without re-reading 10 pages of _____ I will restate my findings.

purifiers in question were from a ref 3a component.

positive "purifier" ohmed out at 0.2 , showed no capacitance

neg side showed a capacitance of 0.3 nF but infinite resistance (its an open circuit so no surprise)

am I going to say a sonic miracle? no but they did alter sonics slightly...but again no surprise as we are altering the original circuit.

be it better or worse is in the ears of the listener....

if you weren't including my comments in the "troll" category I apologize. if you were then understand I did get a little touchy feely with these so I take a bit of offense.

The OP was asking for feedback on the Bybee Quantum Signal Enhancer, which is a stand-alone tweak. I didn't group you with the trolls but ignored all your comments because they lack relevance. Why dissect a product if you can just audition it? I know that it's crazy to expect audiophiles to actually listen to music and evaluate their gear accordingly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm 

A cap and resistor, a piece of wood...

The relevance lies there imo.

Do they make a difference? Perhaps...

But like $100 tube dampers or a $0.10 silicone o-ring, the end result could be similar...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next