Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:55 am 

I went from a Grant Fidelity power cord to a Statement power cord on the Luxman L503S. I was impressed with talking with Steven about what PC would be best on this unit. He made two suggestions and I chose one. And yes it was a definate step up from my Grant Fidelity cord. Now I run Statements throughout the system......Very pleased indeed..cheers, lloyd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:45 am 

:D Well, A friend of mine needed a great set of bi-wires. I have the Audio Sensibility Testaments[love them] but the new speakers are single wire. So, I took the leap and ordered the Audio Sensibility Statements..an early Christmas present. Well let you know how they sound it a couple of weeks....cheers, lloyd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:58 am 

:D The Statements have just shipped. I should have them in my hot little hands by Friday 19th....Will give them a run in and listen and than see what I hear...They were already burned in for 3 days at Audio Sensibility......cheers, lloyd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:17 am 

bluenosens wrote:
:D The Statements have just shipped. I should have them in my hot little hands by Friday 19th....Will give them a run in and listen and than see what I hear...They were already burned in for 3 days at Audio Sensibility......cheers, lloyd

I switched to AS Statement speaker cables this week. Well built and full sounding. Haven't listened enough to give further thoughts. Previous cables were Kimber Monocle XL with wbt connectors.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:56 pm 

:D They arrived today.....Just doing some listening, taking a break and listening again. Will be doing this for awhile but I know already these are Keepers!. It will take me awhile to get my head around everything I'm hearing....This is a whole level again.. Will give more info as I calm down...I can't stop smiling! Cheers, lloyd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:32 am 

:D I'm simply going to say this!. They are more everything good in my system. The bass on up, everything is just fuller, better, just more music with less effort....Everything is system dependant but I do believe for me this is where it ends..I'll just buy more music. These are very serious cables. Steven has really done a superb joy. Highly recommended. Now back to the music...Cassandra Wilson has never sounded so "Good"...so there...cheers, and happy tunes, lloyd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:15 pm 

I use 2 of the the AS Impact SE AC PCs, one on my Wyred 4 Sound STi 500 Int Amp and one on my Hegel HD12 USB DAC. I just purchased the XLR version of the AS Statement SE Interconnects. The AS replace a pair of Atlas Hyper Symmetrical XLRs. (a great cable in it's own right). This week I am purchasing the AS Testament single wire speaker cable. I have owned the PCs for awhile and see no reason to upgrade them. Still breaking in the interconnects, so no thoughts on their performance yet (like I said the Atlas are going to be tough to beat), but at least I am moving in the right direction, for me at least.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:07 pm 

DSDGuy wrote:
I use 2 of the the AS Impact SE AC PCs, one on my Wyred 4 Sound STi 500 Int Amp and one on my Hegel HD12 USB DAC. I just purchased the XLR version of the AS Statement SE Interconnects. The AS replace a pair of Atlas Hyper Symmetrical XLRs. (a great cable in it's own right). This week I am purchasing the AS Testament single wire speaker cable. I have owned the PCs for awhile and see no reason to upgrade them. Still breaking in the interconnects, so no thoughts on their performance yet (like I said the Atlas are going to be tough to beat), but at least I am moving in the right direction, for me at least.

How do you like your Hegel HD12 DSD Dac?

Sorry for going off topic.

I have an A.S. Testament power cable for my integrated and made some nice overall improvements.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:54 pm 

Re: the Hegel. I have only owned it a couple of weeks. I will wait to cast judgement until I get the rest of the cabling in place and let everything break in for a week or two. The AS cables I currently own are great bang for the buck, imho.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:42 am 

DSDGuy wrote:
Re: the Hegel. I have only owned it a couple of weeks. I will wait to cast judgement until I get the rest of the cabling in place and let everything break in for a week or two. The AS cables I currently own are great bang for the buck, imho.

I have the Hegel HD12 as well and I use the stock power cable. 3 months in and it sounds incredible. Very neutral, with well defined bass. I might try a aftermarket power cord on it. Maybe.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:44 am 

I bought a few power cables and his silver OCC cable for my set of Audeze LCD3. Excellent products for the price and very efficient service. Highly recommended, we need more guys like Steve in this business.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:32 am 

I use the AS Impact SE AC PC on the Hegel. This, imho, seems to be a good match and at a great price point. :D The Impact SE was also a great match with my previous USB DAC.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:37 am 

I use the statement power cords and the silver statement xlr interconnects, both are excellent cables. I have a statement balanced phono cable arriving on Monday.

Just a heads up. Steve has a 10% off sale now before his prices go up due to increased cost of materials due to our low dollar. http://www.audiosensibility.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:11 am 

I bought a set of Statement SE XLR interconnects a few months back. They made a major immediate improvement in my system.
Very pleased with their performance and the quality service from Steve. If I ever buy new speaker cables they will be from Audio Sensibility.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:57 pm 

I just received a pair of Statement RCA interconnects and Statement speaker cables. I had been using a pair of very well reviewed speaker cables and am using various decent interconnects. I am using the Statement IC between preamp and amp.

The Statement speaker cables are huge. I have used some Straightwire Crescendo speaker cables in the past and I think these are bigger than the Crescendo speaker cables.

Upon initial system turn on and playing some music the system sounded a little underwhelming. The cables are supposed to require between 100 and 200 hours of burn-in. Well I have been playing music through the cables for a little over 6 hours and they are already improving dramatically.

My initial impressions are the soundstage is much larger and deeper, the timbre of instruments is very natural, and the attack and decay associated with different instruments is very evident. The system is already more emotionally involving. It seems I'll really enjoy the ride as these cables break in and stabilize.

I'll hold any further comments until they have burned in some more and I have additional listening time with them.