Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:53 am 

What can you tell me about them? What did they replace and why?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:33 am 

I"ve got a pair in my office system. Audio Space integrated to Spendor S3/5r2's.

Nice neutral cable. Replaced Kimber 8tc. Much more open, airy, generally all around a step up. Very good value for money.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:16 am 

Do you think this cable can hand with the big boys or not really? What do you use in your main system and why not AS cable?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:15 am 

I would guess they equal something at double the price retail, given the retail markups. So vs. something else at $600 or so retail, they are tough to beat. Of course you can always do better - I'm using Kubala Sosna Fascination in the big rig, but double the price (used) of the AS cable new.

AS just make one speaker cable - the mid line. He has higher end interconnects but not speaker cable.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:53 am 

But do they also equal something half their price retail?
I am currently using Atlas bi-wire cables at $5/ft. I really dont want these $500 cables sounding like my $50 cables ;) Good thing Steve offers trial period. Might give these a shot.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:10 am 

As you know, cables are very system dependent. Give them a try (30 day free) and see what you think.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:00 am 

I hope it's OK to bump this post, I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried their speaker cables. I'm a huge fan of their interconnects and I'm looking to upgrade my speaker cables now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:05 am 

Steve has a new line of Statement speaker cables which look interesting. They have a solid core component which offers more bass than the Testament.

I have his interconnects and power cords which have really been a great improvement so I'm looking forward to trying the speaker cable.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:20 pm 
Premium User

I agree with meiwan, every system can sound different with diff. cables, from power to speaker cables, I loaned cardas golden ref. speaker cables, 3 M, good cables, but damm are they expensive,!!! so I gave it a shot, my interconnects are from A/S, they are great for the $$$, and the 30 day trial helps too, I asked Steve to build custom bi-amp cables all in one tube/sleeve,with upgraded connectors, testament series, let me explain, at first I was in doubt, copper is copper, and I have kimber kables 4VS, so maybe it was not necessary, a week later and long hours of listening, all I can say, finally , my NAD M and paradigm sounded better at dealer, not at my house. same amp, same speaker so why was the bass lacking ? why did my system sounded muddy or chocking almost ? was it cause they had $$$$ speaker cables?? $$$power cables ??
all I can say is I am happy with the Testament Cables, and doesnt hurt the wallet too. better bass, better mids, sound stage. all good.
Carlos.
but again every system sound different.

NAD M25
marantz av-7005
W4S dac2
oppo 93- transport
paradigm studio 100v5
paradigm cc-690 v5
studio adp surrounds.
A/S TESTAMENT speaker cables
A/S interconnects
still looking for digital cable (

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:17 pm 

I met Stephen two years ago when I purchased a power cord off him and got hooked! He is the most intelligent and knowledgeable person that I have ever met in this industry regarding cables. The best value for the dollar and now every cable I own is an Audio Sensibility Testament Series. I highly recommend any of his products. They are outstanding in performance. There is compariable speaker cables out there but you will need to spend much more money to get the same result and guarantees them for 30 days.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:26 am 

Just thought I would update this post. I replaced my Acoustic Zen Satori with a bi-wire set of Steve's cables. These were used on the Newform research. I have since gone to a speaker that only needs a single wire run and I'm using the AS on them. But I'm planning to save up and get a short run of Steve's single top of the line speaker cables as I feel the solid core in them would give even better bass. I find Steve's cables let through more of the musical body of the music[less damage to the signal, so to speak]...Highly recommended. YMMV of course. Everything is system dependant.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:23 am 

I went from a nice pair of Purist Audio Venustas cable that were quite lovely. Warm, rich, smooth. $2500. THen I tried a pair of Kimber Select 3030 at about $3k. Nice, open, dynamic, detailed, clean. But when I tried AS Testament I was amazed at how the $300 cable was basically giving me almost the same amount of performance. Going to the Statement cable basically matched the Kimber in every way and for a third the cost. If Kimber was selling direct from their house, I'm sure the cost would be similar. You're paying for name and overheard etc there.

I also had a cable shoot out: Kimber 8TC, Nordost Blue Heaven, and AS Testament. Kimber was full, bottom end heavy, focused and dynamic but also dark in the mid/high, hard sounding, smaller soundstage.
Nordost: open airy, clear highs, spatial soundstage, clean, but without any bottom end slam, or body to midrange. Best with tube or darker equipment.
Testament was a lovely mixture of both. Smooth, open, spatial, bottom end but not bloated. Dynamic without being aggressive, open top end but balanced throughout. Very nice. And for half the cost of these other 2 cables.

System: Thiel CS 3.5, LFD Signature Mono blocks, Arcam Pre, Arcam CD 72

I currently use the Statement and Testament as a bi-wire set up to my Totem Wind's from a Levinson 532H, and they are fantastic. The Statement are better for bigger speakers to deliver better bass dynamics. Testament are great for a smaller system/speakers. I've ended up cabling my whole system with AS as they are just that good and for sane costs. I just can't give in to paying thousands on a cable even if they do make me coffee in the morning or puts a man on Mars. AS cables are very very nice. And Stephen is great to deal with in his lair of electronic mayhem :).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:53 am 

I haven't tried the AS speaker cables yet, but I am more than pleased with the performance of a pair of AS Statement XLR interconnects I bought recently. My experience is they have honest open sound without any specific tonal colouring. These replaced and readily improved upon Cardas 300B XLRs in a modest system.

My next cable upgrade will be for Statement speaker cables.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:16 am 

Thanks so much guys. That was the kind of feedback I needed on these AS cables. I now know my next purchase will be his top speaker wires...Happy Listening, cheers, lloyd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:25 pm 

What i like about Steven he is a no bull s _ _ t kind of guy, when whe first met he asked me if i knew what was inside my Grant Fidelity PC-1.5 power cords, i told him i knew it wasn't as good as his cables BUT better than what came with the units, he smiled and told me as long as you know that's what counts, when you want better let me know i agree but at 4 times the price and needing 4 i told him it would take a while. :)

PS: But i will be buying 2 very soon.