Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:06 pm 

After 8 fun years with the Teo entry-level cables, I decided to order 2 pairs of the Splash Reference Silvers. Put the cheque in the mail yesterday and am patiently waiting for them.
Taras said he can upgrade the original cables when I receive the new ones. I can then 'loan' them out for 2-3 weeks at a time to whoever wants to try them out. All I ask is that I don't incur any shipping costs, so pick-up and drop off would be ideal. I will advise this forum when I get my original upgraded cables back from Teo Audio.

Best Regards
Igor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:21 pm 

I now have over 100 hours on my rebuilt original "entry-level " cables and can loan them out to anyone wishing to hear them in their own system. There are 2 sets, one was between my DAC and preamp, the other was between my preamp and amps. According to Ken and Taras, they are a bit better than the GC cables, but not up to the level of my new Splash Reference Silvers. Nonetheless they would give you an idea of what you can achieve in your audio system.

I can be contacted via email: wafermadness3@gmail.com

Best Regards
Igor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:23 pm 

So.....how do they sound? Can you give a bit of a review.....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:14 pm 

They reproduce music very well, better than before and I had them in my system for over 8 years. They are now on loan to a fellow Canuck up in Winchester, ONT. later they will be going to a fellow in Kitchener for an audition and then to a fellow in ST. Johns. I am loaning them out to people in the order the emails come to me.

Best Regards
Igor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:32 pm 

ZetagUser wrote:
They reproduce music very well.

The fellow in Winchester agrees wholeheartedly. :D

I'm about halfway through my trial period. Will post my thoughts next week, after I send the cables back to Igor.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:19 pm 

Nice gesture - cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:57 am 

Here is an email Lutherton sent to me a while back. I thought I would post it as he must be on vacation.

Hi Igor

Well, I've had a fun two weeks with your cables. I've listened exclusively to vinyl the last couple of days, and after a few more LPs this evening I will package up the cables and mail them back tomorrow morning.

I've put another 50 hours or so on them. After the first few days, I switched back to my Blue Circle and Morrow interconnects for a day, then back to the TEOs again. Two days later, I switched from the Meitner preamp to a Creek passive pre.

Gotta say I really like the TEOs, especially with the Creek passive. I've always felt that my First Watt amp is extraordinary, and having the TEOs in-circuit has confirmed this for me, and IMHO sound quality is even better. The TEOs are now between the Meitner and Creek, for feeding signal from the Meitner's phono stage, with the second pair between the Creek and the First Watt amp.

Playing LPs has always been my preference, although some days I play more digital files. Turntable is a Sony PS-X50, which is nice although it can't hold a candle to your Lenco. Cartridge is a Micro Acoustics electret condenser, one of their better models with beryllium cantilever. If you like to experience different cartridges, you might try one of these. The TEO cables have allowed the MA to really shine, and I'm loving vinyl playback more than ever before. Soundstage width and depth is excellent, and all instruments and vocals are sounding better than I thought possible. I've been in stereo heaven since buying the First Watt, and my listening enjoyment has taken a step up with the TEOs.

Would I buy TEOs for myself? Probably, but not right away. My son and I have ordered LDR/optocoupler preamp components from New Zealand, which should arrive in the next few days. We'll be building these into cabinets of our choice, and we also have to get power supplies for them. These are more properly called passive attenuators, as they are zero gain (or less). I anticipate that mine will cost $400 - $500, in total. Will be interesting to see how this affects my enjoyment of music, compared to two pairs of TEO cables.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:51 pm 

Some days I wonder why I bother to loan my cables out to the curious who don't take it seriously and don't post their opinions on this thread! So far the cables are heading from St. John's to Montreal and the fellow in Kitchener has yet to post his thoughts. So here is an email he sent to me during the loan-out time.......

Hi Igor

We went away for 4 days Wednesday through this past Saturday. The system sounds great now.
I did some serious listening yesterday morning and plan to do some more Tuesday morning. Then I shall pack up the cables and send them back either Tuesday or Wednesday
Lots of rhythm and swing....quite neutral tone (which I'm not sure I like , brass instruments don't sound quite enough like true brass).

Lots of space on those recordings that have space. I can hear the splices in editing

Low bass, mid bass and upper bass are phenomenal

These cables are blues and rock delight

There you have it the good, the bad and the ugly
Best Regards
Igor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:48 pm 

Would you be more happy if they got a bunch of negative or neutral reviews posted here?

Send them over to me please. I'll be honest.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:04 am 

Che: Shoot me an email and I will put you on the list and I will look forward to your review.

Best Regards
Igor