Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:41 pm 

Help...

I have tried to get into setup menu for the Wyred 4 Sound DAC 1 and I can't seem to do it. Is there a trick? Am I not holding my tongue the right way?

As per the instructions, with power in stand-by (front panel not lit up) I press and hold the Up and Down buttons and then press the Power button on the front. That is suppose to put it into the setup menu...but I can't get it to work.

I press and hold the Up and Down buttons and stab the Power button really quickly. It comes on but no menu.
I press and hold the Up and Down buttons and push the Power button for about 1 second and release it. Same result.
I press and hold the Up and Down buttons and push the Power button for 2-3 seconds and release it. Same result.
I've tried keeping the Up and Down buttons held down after releasing the Power button. Same result.
I've tried releasing the Up and Down buttons at the same time I release the Power button. Same result.

What am I doing wrong? Is there any reason an otherwise fully working DAC 1 won't go into the setup menu?

Frusssstrated.

:? :? ROVA :? :?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:18 am 

Don’t have a W4S DAC but it’s the same procedure accessing the setup for their Integrated. Press and hold up and down then press the power on – should enter the setup menu almost instantly. Will assume all buttons are functioning properly? Drop W4S a email, they are usually quick to reply and I have found them very helpful. Good luck!

https://www.wyred4sound.com/support/contact-us

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:31 am 

sthomas1049 wrote:
Don’t have a W4S DAC but it’s the same procedure accessing the setup for their Integrated. Press and hold up and down then press the power on – should enter the setup menu almost instantly. Will assume all buttons are functioning properly? Drop W4S a email, they are usually quick to reply and I have found them very helpful. Good luck!

https://www.wyred4sound.com/support/contact-us

Thanks.

I did do that and got a response already, that is how I confirmed the details of the manual and got a little more clarity about how to do it. But after following those instructions, well you see the results in my original post. So that is why I thought surely someone in the CAMiverse may have experienced this. Anyway, I have followed up with Wyred but have not hear back from them yet.

ROVA