Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:55 am 

The forums are littered with horror stories of bad dealings with some members. I wanted to point out that CAM member legarem is a gentleman with great integrity. We agreed on a deal and shortly thereafter he was offered substantially more from a second party for the item he was selling but he did honour our deal. Just didn't want it to go unnoticed and a testament that there are great members out there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:20 am 

Thanks for the good news story, the world needs more good news than ever these days. I have yet to have a truly bad dealing on CAM but there's always the potential. I have actually found that most CAM'ers are fine, fine people. Your experience is with one of them. Good on him, and thanks to you for reporting on it!

Cheers,
David

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:51 pm 

Agree with Dave, and same here, so fare so good, no bad experiences and meet some nice folks all around. This hobby is expensive enough as it is without having to cry for loss of money time and energy when a deal is bad. Not everyone has the same level of disposable income so 200$ for someone may not seem like a lot but I remember in my younger and earlier years it took a little while to save up to get a used decent CD player (college years) I remember it was an arcam, to me it sounded like heaven.....

Thank you for sharing your story. I encourage others to do the same in this season of giving

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:11 pm 

Yeah I too have not had any negative results from selling or buying on Cam . Mostly respectful people who know what they are selling or buying and the value of a good name here .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:53 pm 

+1, nothing but good to say about the honour and integrity of CAM members I've had the pleasure of dealing with, even in a couple of transactions that, through no one's fault, could have gone squirrelly.