Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post subject: Alberta Vern
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:27 am 

I wish to congratulate and offer immense gratitude and thanks to CAM member Alberta Vern.

Vern originally contacted me on 04 Nov 2014 regarding my Wanted ad for a copy of Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band (The Distance). He wrote that he had no less than five (5) copies! KACHING, I thought. What a find, even if they are in Alberta.

He also offered me many other titles that I was interested in acquiring for my collection. We played e-mail tag for a couple of weeks. As luck would have it, I ended up with a copy of said LP in a trade that occurred on 4 December 2014 here in Ontario.

Back to Vern again.... he had a copy of Absolutely Free by the Mothers of Invention. I grew up in the 1960s listening avidly to Frank Zappa and the Mothers. Freak Out was an LP that was played and discussed in my Grade 9 English class.

I agreed to purchase this LP along with a copy of 461 Ocean Blvd by Eric Clapton. Vern wanted to send the LPs COD via Canada Post. He wished to be dead honest and charge me the true shipping cost. No problem, said I, go for it.

The LPs arrived on 12 December 2014. Delays at this time of year are unavoidable and I did not go to pick them up until 17 December 2014. When I arrived at my local Canada Post office for pick up, I was prepared to pay all of the fees, which included a $7.25 charge for COD collection.

Well, my arms nearly fell off when the clerk simply handed me the package and wished me a Merry Christmas. Baffled, I asked about the COD charge. There is none, she said. More confusion on my part.

To make an already long story shorter. Vern and I spoke via telecon, and I was truly astounded at this man's trust. Remember, I had the LPs and Vern had not been paid yet!!!

I doubt that my bank has ever seen such a frantic Interac/EMT transfer.

Vern, Madcap will be eternally grateful to you. Have the Merriest Christmas ever...