Canuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio ForumCanuck Audio Mart Hifi and Audio Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Feedback for dealers regarding experience OUTSIDE of CAM must go in the Dealer Feedback Forum.

Post subject: Re: Kudos to AVguy.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:19 pm 
Premium User

Yiorgos wrote:

Yes I agree with your comments and it sounds like you had some discomfort in your dealings with others.
However please don't try to place me in that category,because I always try to be very helpful to others too.
With over 110 audio transactions mainly in Audiogon but also Canuck,Audio Asylum ,Ebay,Kijiji and Craigslist. I think I can judge for myself .
Now I only expressed my opinion based on my experience at the time ,people go through mood swings,sometimes up sometimes down,who knows maybe at the time HE was in not such a happy generous mood.
Anyway the Bryston amps were up and for sale for a long time and eventually they were probably sold.
I found something better and never looked back.
All its good no hard feelings,no ill wishing.
Best
George

Please remember that these items belong to other people, and I do not always set the price.
Also, just because you think your offer is reasonable doesn't mean it isn't a "lowball" offer to someone else. I don't set unreasonable prices; i'm usually selling at the levels other people are selling them for....or lower.
In addition to that, I just checked our emails, and you never made an offer on the amps. Pruice was never discussed. Your second email told me that you got into an accident with your truck and couldn't afford to buy them right then. You never mentioned price and you never got back to me.

In any event, we're talking about the service here, not the pricing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:29 pm 
Premium User

Funny thing when you hear BOTH sides of the story!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:50 pm 

I can only give positive feedback regarding Avguy. Not because I have bought something from him but because I have had the same experience as the OP. The deals offered by Avguy are a value in almost every respect I can think of. I hope that his offerings and my desires align sometime. I would not hesitate.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:28 pm 

AVguy wrote:
Yiorgos wrote:

Yes I agree with your comments and it sounds like you had some discomfort in your dealings with others.
However please don't try to place me in that category,because I always try to be very helpful to others too.
With over 110 audio transactions mainly in Audiogon but also Canuck,Audio Asylum ,Ebay,Kijiji and Craigslist. I think I can judge for myself .
Now I only expressed my opinion based on my experience at the time ,people go through mood swings,sometimes up sometimes down,who knows maybe at the time HE was in not such a happy generous mood.
Anyway the Bryston amps were up and for sale for a long time and eventually they were probably sold.
I found something better and never looked back.
All its good no hard feelings,no ill wishing.
Best
George

Please remember that these items belong to other people, and I do not always set the price.
Also, just because you think your offer is reasonable doesn't mean it isn't a "lowball" offer to someone else. I don't set unreasonable prices; i'm usually selling at the levels other people are selling them for....or lower.
In addition to that, I just checked our emails, and you never made an offer on the amps. Pruice was never discussed. Your second email told me that you got into an accident with your truck and couldn't afford to buy them right then. You never mentioned price and you never got back to me.

In any event, we're talking about the service here, not the pricing.

Hi AVguy
Ok,now you say you sell other peoples equipment,interesting!!!
You never admitted that previously to me.So that tells me then that the price of said item is "what owner wants plus your profit"
I had an accident with my truck ,somebody rear hit me on Dufferin St and then took off in bad weather.
It wad hit and run and I reported it to the police.I had to pay 500 dollars deductible on my insurance and they covered the damage on my vehicle. Thanks God for that because the damage was over 3000 dollars . They never found the idiot who rear ended me,but I am sure it is bad karma and he will gets what he deserves in the future.
I did express interest in buying your (sorry I mean whos ? Amps)
and was treated cold so I moved on.
Look people come here to learn and share ,this was my experience dealing with you ,I never previously complained but when I saw the title of this thread I felt I needed to share my experience.
I guess I should shut up now and go drink the Cool Aid like some others.
All the best
George

I am sure Bryston made a lot of 7B-SSTs so if not yours(sorry the other guy's) then buy elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:02 pm 

All I can say is, I appreciate the excellent packing and quick shipping of my item that I purchased from AVguy. Thanks, would definately do buisiness again!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:23 pm 

I have had Ken sell some items for me and I have been happy with the results.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:36 pm 

I appreciate Kens business.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:43 pm 
Premium User

have not purchased anything from AVguy, but did emailed a couple of times with no issue. he appears to be straight reflexed by his feedback.

Overpriced, underpriced - what is the difference?? nature will sort that out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:17 pm 

I have bought several items from Ken and never have any problem dealing with him. Great price and fast service. Excellent communication and quick response on email.